Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: 1/16 Bachelor 16 Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 1/16 Bachelor 16 Show Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Wow, what a difference a few weeks makes. This time three weeks ago, I felt indifferent toward Ben, with his annoying obnoxious hair and bland personality. But I have to say he has grown on me immensely since then. I like his disposition and his demeanor in the way he "handles" the women. And his decision this week to not give any of the final three women a rose just sealed it for me. Not giving out the final rose just for the sake of giving out a rose - good thinking Ben!

Regarding Shawntel's appearance, I'm confused. When she first arrived and spoke to Ben, it seemed that she referred to previous contact they'd had with each other, or maybe I just thought I heard her say that. Then she kept saying things like she wanted Ben from the first moment she'd seen him etc.??? Too weird. Anyway, Shawntel, nice try just the same. Thankfully Ben wasn't having it.

Another thing regarding Shawntel showing up, I really don't why the girls felt so threatened by her. If, she, as they were saying amongst themselves, didn't even know Ben, why would they feel so threatened, considering they themselves have at least gotten to know him, been in his company etc. I would have thought they would have thought that gave them a clear edge over her. Geez, all of them nearly fell to pieces over her being there, crying, fainting. And the stupidest thing about it was, they're already competing with each other for Ben anyway, what's one more woman to compete with along with a group of women you're already competing with. I mean, big, friggin' WHOOPTIE DO, for crying out loud!
    jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

I guess they felt that they had been competing for his attention and affection for the past several weeks, and here comes a "usurper" getting his attention right away. Still, it didn't justify that level of hysteria and meanness.
    Babbred and Fanny Mare like this.

Keep in mind, the girl that left did say ( as I posted before) these parties are 12 hours long, and sometimes longer.I think they were all pretty much drained in every sense of the word. I never see them eat!! just drink

FORT Fogey

Courtney definitely made herself clear in her little threatening rose ceremony speech to Ben, saying she did not appreciate miss "what's-her-butt" over there. When will Ben get that "THE MODEL" is not as sweet as she tries to make herself appear to him? I think Courtney and Bentley would be a good match.

I am sure he is seeing this side of her.All the others before Ben have seen their ahem, chosen ones in another light. I dont get why nobody understands why he doesnt see what we are.He's only now seeing it.LOL Whats her butt? at least she wasn't bleeped like most of them! Personally I dont care if she is the F1 or the next to go. It will never last, they seldom do.jmho

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    ...I think Courtney and Bentley would be a good match.

The Model© and Bentley as the next stupor super couple on Bachelor Pad!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Bentley didnt even show up at TBTA did he? no not a good match, he's a coward.Even though she who wont be named fell in love with him. ( eye roll)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post

The Model© and Bentley as the next stupor super couple on Bachelor Pad!

Only after he competes for dear, sweet, plastic Emily's heart on the next Bette...He has expressed an interest...I hope they cast him and then make her keep him...But once he is finally dumped, he and Courtney would be perfect on the next BP. Maybe they could be the next Kasey and Vienna?...and if Ben was there too, he could be their Jake. Now that I would watch!!! Way more fun than this bore fest.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

LOL - I just re-watched Monday's episode. Courtney is such a bitch! OMG saying Nicki is so juvenile & so sweet but she looks like an idiot? Blakely looks like someone your boyfriend cheats on you with? The faces that Lindzie makes at people. LOL She is a total nutcase. If he picks her, he deserves what he gets.

Just watching the show again on my DVR...I like to do that after I read this thread to pick up the things I missed.

When Courtney comes striding across like an Amazon to get her rose, she pauses for an eternity, heaves a gusty sigh, pushes her hair back, and then goes into this spiel about "Tonight was a lot...it was heavy for me...I will, but thank you for not making me go through that [I guess she meant not wait to get the final rose]." OMG, that whole scene just screamed Sex Goddess proclaiming, "Slave, how dare you contemplate straying! I will punish you!" Totally agree with what everybody else has said. Forget spoilers, you can see a mile away whom he's going to pick.

What's odd is that Fleissmaster usually puts us through all these mind games so that we're trying to guess whom he/she will pick? Why are they letting it be so obvious? Are they really that out of ideas? Or was it so obvious in Ben's dates with other women that there wasn't much the producers could work with? Either way, it makes for a lame season. I'm just in it for the scenery now. (I love what somebody said about the girls just sticking it out for the trips. Can't blame 'em. I would, too.)

Ok, FF to the end of the ceremony...

He offers a Samantha a rose, and then Erica says to another girl "I don't feel good". Ben picks up the final rose and Erica says "I think I'm feeling nauseous." He starts to make a speech about certain things he wants to say and then whoop! down she goes. So no, it didn't have anything to do with Ben; she was going to keel over, regardless. As for Ben's lack of response, he came over, knelt beside her, and asked the camera guys if she could get some water. What more was he supposed to do? Then the crew members came out and chased everyone off while they attended to Erica.

As for the entrance of Shawntel, I'll give Ben the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't know. The rest of it was so staged, though, that it was incredible. Of course it was all one big set-up by the producers.

Speaking of which, I am firmly convinced that that whole deal with Brittney refusing a date was just a charade, too. I like what one blogger pointed out: up til that point Lindzi, the girl who got the FIR, hadn't had a date. Not one! And yet we're expected to believe that Who's That? Brittney suddenly got a date in front of Lindzi? Don't buy it. I think Brittney was wise enough to realize that she was going nowhere with Ben, told the producers she wanted to bail, and so they milked it for all it was worth. Lindzi was supposed to be the real date all along and the producers just whipped up this nonsense with Brittney.

Loved the two 1-1 dates! I think it would be awesome to walk to the top of the Bay bridge. And Lindzi's date was just cool. Loved the trolley cars, loved the speakeasy. The dance in City Hall was kind of weird, though. I would have rather stayed in the ice cream parlor. And who was that guy singing? Out of all the musical acts I have seen on this show, I have only ever recognized one.
    Arielflies, JavaJo, ilja and 1 others like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Closed Thread