Closed Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: 1/9 The Bachelor 16 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 1/9 The Bachelor 16 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

This show is my soap opera I don't mind if it is really scripted, honestly these people aren't my personal friends- they may as well be actors. So I'll keep watching every episode faithfully!!
    Loved the play, that was probably the cutest group date I've seen. Could have done without the half naked dance from Ben at the end, but otherwise very cute!
    I'm sad that the PhD student from Chapel Hill isn't getting much screen time - doesn't bode well for her future on the show. I like her, she's pretty and smart - hope she makes it a few more weeks! Also rooting for Kacie B. HOPING that he sends Blakely out next week now that he's seen how over the top she is - I bet he was regretting that rose once he found her crying by the luggage :p

I think the (relatively) new formula of using the previous season's runner-up as the new bachelor/bachelorette is genius, for the sake of drama. The person is a celebrity right out of the gate, and we all know that celebrity love is all smoke & mirrors. These women fell in love with the guy they saw on TV, and have filled in the blanks in their own heads that they're perfect together before they even met. And of course, the guy they fell in love with wasn't a real person either, but a made-for-TV character we're all supposed to love.

So where in other situations where it took, say, a couple of dates to "fall in love," now they can walk in with a plan to land their dream man. No wonder it seems nuts how quickly they fall for someone; they've already taken that leap in their heads.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I like that Ben came clean about his party days before the Bachelorette. Stories and rumors abounded that season, and he owned up to it this season. It makes me respect him a little bit because of his born again sincerity, but the long preview shows relapses...so the question becomes, does he fall off the wagon completely or take this wanting to feel love again a day at a time.

Can you imagine all the non-disclosure agreements that floated around that town for 20 min of film? The kids were cute, though, and the play well handled by Ben, and by default because of Ben and TV, the ladies.

Just when we thought we had the villain figured out first night (Monica) we are presented with her companion, Blakeley as the target for ire. Same thing every season when attraction trumps emotional connections right out of the box; both Blakeley and Courtney (experienced daters both) played Ben like a fiddle. The questions becomes whether strings get broken on that fiddle by the middle of the season - sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I loved the irony in the crawl footage at the end. Kasey B is extolling the charm of a small town and police cars race screaming by up the street. Guess pretty, quaint lovely Sonoma also has crime as they do have police cars with sirens.

I posted Ben's Blog and his comments after watching the episode are interesting. http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/bachelor-ben-flajnik/92084-bens-blog.html
    ilja, Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Who was the other woman who went home last night besides Jenna? I don't even remember seeing her before! Did we see any interaction between her and Ben?

well I still say Scotch for the next bachelor then we really get to see what the show is really about a bunch of *itches chasing the dog...lol
    Midol and jenniferboston1 like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well I still say Scotch for the next bachelor then we really get to see what the show is really about a bunch of *itches chasing the dog...lol
    Ben was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel last night and Jimmy showed a "trailer" of the dog as the next Bachelor, complete with lady dogs, and lots of doggie mating behavior. At the end, they showed a female as "not being what she says she is." It turned out to be a cat. It was very funny.
    ButterflyFaery and Midol like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Ben was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel last night and Jimmy showed a "trailer" of the dog as the next Bachelor, complete with lady dogs, and lots of doggie mating behavior. At the end, they showed a female as "not being what she says she is." It turned out to be a cat. It was very funny.
    Oh I wish I had seen that.I wonder if is online someplace.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Check under Jimmy Kimmel on YouTube.
    Fanny Mare and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't know, but I do get Jimmy Kimmel with my On Demand via Cox, so you might find it there if you have On Demand.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I found it on you tube..The Bow-Chelor - On the Leash of Love .LOL hilarious .I also saw Ben, very at ease..not knowing the girls are all bonkers!seeing it all unfold as we are.. Love it

Closed Thread