Closed Thread
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    '

I sense some scorn on your part with regard to "hive mentality" and behavior. They are some very interesting creatures. You and perhaps others might want to look into the studies of scientists, Thomas Seeley, for example for some additional perspectives on hives and their inhabitants. It's pretty interesting.

Your comment regarding unworthiness made me laugh as I think that's what's called swarm intelligence.
    And by the way they are hostile because they sense a predator.
    Like any metaphor, it's subject to irrelevance if carried too far. People are not bees.

But, yes, you're taking this exactly where I was going - the bee-girls didn't sense a predator, they sensed someone who Ben liked - long before she stripped in Puerto Rico.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Time for me to move on.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 03-23-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    mesachick and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

I don't really think there's much mystery as to why Ben chose Courtney. He told us why. She's weird. He told us he likes weird because he's also weird.

He found out while watching the season that she's also mean. Now they're trying the relationship out in the real world to see if he can live with mean.

Normal and nice needn't have applied this season.

Good luck to all of them.
    Longhornfan, ilja and AlwaysVeg like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I find it very interesting that you keep harping on the other women as being in some kind of hive. Are you a beekeeper in real life? So, every single woman in the house who did not get along with Courtney is at fault? And, getting along with the other women and trying to make the best of the situation is a bad thing? And, last but not least, Courtney was the only one there who was a "real person", and that is why she stood out to Ben? Now, I find that very interesting since the majority of America felt like Courtney was REAL good at playing games with Ben. So, what did you mean by saying that Courtney was the only one who was real?

And, I have never been in a sorority - nor a hive - and this is pure speculation on my part. But, I am guessing that there is a good possibility that you have had a bad experience in your life with one or more of those so-called hive women, and it has soured you. No offense intended. I think that we often form our opinions based on our own life experiences, but you are making a whole lot of assumptions about Courtney and all of the other 24 women. Not all sorority types are superficial and therefore are unpleasant, just like not all models are just like the Courtney that we got to see and hear. Are they?

I realize that you have felt the need to come to Courtney's defense here on this board, but it seems that we have come to an impasse here. I don't see any resolution, so it is probably best that I move on.
    It's sad that you feel the need to make personal comments about those you disagree with. I wouldn't do that to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    The whole premise is ridiculous, and has nothing to do with real life/love/emotion/finding a partner. It's a TV show. The women who applied -- if they knew about Ben -- were in love with a celebrity they knew absolutely nothing about. It's pretty pathetic, although it does make for good TV.

The behavior we saw out of most of those women is exactly what you see on Dr. Phil and all the other talkfests about 40-something women who can't find a partner and have no idea what's wrong with them. People can smell desperate a mile away. And if the goal was to land Ben, I would say that behavior didn't work so well for them either, so based on results, they were wrong and Courtney was right.
    This is so so true. Anyone that thinks this is remotely about love and marriage needs to watch another show.I also said that some of them were very desperate. This show started out one way, and has slowly eroded over several bachelors ( one that appeared twice )

This show has been asked if It would go back to someone that we didnt know and MF has already said no, why would we. this works .It doesn't, but he doesn't care, he knows people will tune in with hope in their hearts .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    It's sad that you feel the need to make personal comments about those you disagree with. I wouldn't do that to you.
    I apologize if you were offended. I removed the post. We each have our own take on things, and I can attest to the fact that many of my opinions are based on prior experiences in life, both good and bad. You and I can disagree on how we feel about Ben, Courtney and the entire cast of bachelorettes. It doesn't make either of us right or wrong. We simply see things differently. I just don't understand the labeling of all the other women as sorority types with a hive mentality. But, that is okay. Like I said, we just don't see things the same way.

FORT Fogey

Being on the Bachelor show is similar to living in a college dorm. Individuals choose to be on the show, just as individuals choose to attend a certain college. The women on the show don't know each other ahead of time, just as individuals who live in the same dorm didn't know each other before they started living together, and associating with each other. What's different about a sorority or fraternity is that those who join want to be with like-minded individuals... and those in the sorority or fraternity choose future members who are "like them."
    ilja likes this.

Time for me to move on

Me too.We are just going around and around.

Anemic Dog thanks for making me LOL! I haven't done much of that, and more than one of your posts had me laughing!

Thanks for posting in this thread.

FM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

Anemic Dog thanks for making me LOL! I haven't done much of that, and more than one of your posts had me laughing!

FM
    What? You aren't gonna thank me? cute happy shrug.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

FM
    Thanks, Fanny Mare. I enjoy your posts, too. I think you're right that it's time to abandon the Great Courtney Debate.

Closed Thread