Closed Thread
Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1050515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 612
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

  1. #591
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,342

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Didn't Ben say something about how Courtney was the only one who wasn't talking about happily-ever-after right out of the box? I still believe it was all a game for her -- like when she pretended she was losing interest so he would panic and give her the rose -- but she definitely didn't suggest that she was a sure thing, like the other 24 women who spent most of the time telling him how perfect he was and how he was exactly what they were looking for and they could see themselves together forever. That has to make someone skeptical and a bit wary -- either that the woman is desperate and not that picky or not wise enough to evaluate a potential mate a bit more. I once dated a guy who kept telling me how perfect I was after we'd been together about 10 minutes. Then he would tell me that he had told all his friends about me, and then he would repeat everything he told them about how perfect I was. Well I knew it wasn't true, and my thought was that eventually he would figure that out, and then what? Plus he did come across as desperate and that isn't exactly flattering. So it's possible that Ben was put off by that as well, and chose the woman who played hard to get.
    It's a show about finding a spouse, so why pretend otherwise? And, if the women played hard to get, they might not get a rose. Also, when the women applied for the show, they were asked who they preferred... the majority said Ben. Plus, the women saw Ben on TV; they wanted to get married; he earns a good living... most were likely hoping Ben would be interested in them. Courtney pretending she was losing interest in Ben... she was playing with his emotions.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.

  2. #592
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    Weren't there 25 women throwing themselves at Ben, happily willing to have sex after just a few hours? Courtney's only crime was that she has more appeal than the others.

    I don't doubt that Courtney would fail to qualify (along with Ben) for MENSA. But at least she's not one of the hive creatures. Since Ben doesn't like the hive creatures, his choices were quite limited.
    No, actually there wasn't. And since when is it that women get along you think it's because they have a hive mentality? I guess it would have been better if they'd all been belittling each other and skipping around singing "winning" and vapidly twirling their hair as they smirk at each other. That is the most ridiculous statement about women I've heard in a long time. What do you call it when men get along?

    As for Ben not liking women who don't get along with other women - you couldn't be more wrong. He stated several times how much that was important to him, especially since he has a sister that he is very close to. But, as we saw all season, Courtney played up a different side of herself to him, and he was blinded by his little Benny and had stopped thinking with his brain.
    Last edited by mesachick; 03-23-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    echo226, ilja and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  3. #593
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Except for all the women in that village that all went topless under their beaded tops. I say good for Courtney, I would have done the same.It was edited to look like the young boys were staring, when in fact they are not.Nor are they as uptight about semi nudity, as North America is
    Yet we didn't see any black bars running across their breasts now did we? I also didn't see a single one of them shake their ta-ta's in the faces of the little boys there. Once again, it's not so much about the nudity, it's about how she literally flaunted it in everyone's face, including those of little boys. How disappointed she must feel that Playboy hasn't asked her to pose for the cover yet. Oh wait... Playboy is smart! Why would anyone pay for what they've already gotten to see for free?
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  4. #594
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,258

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Yet we didn't see any black bars running across their breasts now did we? I also didn't see a single one of them shake their ta-ta's in the faces of the little boys there. Once again, it's not so much about the nudity, it's about how she literally flaunted it in everyone's face, including those of little boys. How disappointed she must feel that Playboy hasn't asked her to pose for the cover yet. Oh wait... Playboy is smart! Why would anyone pay for what they've already gotten to see for free?
    Yes actually. When the girls were changing one of the villagers did lift her top up( complete with black bar) to show they wore nothing under them.One of the girls squealed oh no I couldn't.

    I know you hate her, I guess I dont understand why such hate. Playboy?? really? you jump there. LOL She Is moving to be closer to Ben, I am happy for them if it works out. If not, they enjoyed their time together.


    Cheers!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #595
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,988

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Girls like Courtney are a dime a dozen too. Happy to throw themselves at a guy and willing to have sex with them after knowing them for a few hours. Maybe she didn't get chosen just because she took off her clothes for Ben so quickly, but it certainly was a major factor. Courtney wasn't coming off very smart either btw. If all you can come up with is sayings like "take it up the tail pipe" and "how did that taste coming out of your mouth", etc... not the brightest bulb in the box. She's really good at putting other people down and twirling her hair though, I'll give her that.
    And how can we forget the immortal, "See yaaaaaa, wouldn't want to be yaaaaaaaa." I didn't hear any of those "dime a dozen sorority girls" saying anything so stupid and immature.

  6. #596
    FORT Fanatic Pandora2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    573

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    It's a show about finding a spouse, so why pretend otherwise? And, if the women played hard to get, they might not get a rose. Also, when the women applied for the show, they were asked who they preferred... the majority said Ben. Plus, the women saw Ben on TV; they wanted to get married; he earns a good living... most were likely hoping Ben would be interested in them. Courtney pretending she was losing interest in Ben... she was playing with his emotions.
    The whole premise is ridiculous, and has nothing to do with real life/love/emotion/finding a partner. It's a TV show. The women who applied -- if they knew about Ben -- were in love with a celebrity they knew absolutely nothing about. It's pretty pathetic, although it does make for good TV.

    The behavior we saw out of most of those women is exactly what you see on Dr. Phil and all the other talkfests about 40-something women who can't find a partner and have no idea what's wrong with them. People can smell desperate a mile away. And if the goal was to land Ben, I would say that behavior didn't work so well for them either, so based on results, they were wrong and Courtney was right.

  7. #597
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,983

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Most of the women on the show were beautiful women who did not seem desperate to me. I also did not see any sort of sorority sisterhood behavior going on. Even if these girls had been in a sorority, I would not generalize that everyone that has ever been in a sorority is somehow a lesser person just because of that. All that means is that they went to college which I consider a good thing and a privilege. Not that everyone is cut out for college or even able to afford to attend.

    I just don't see a problem with women becoming close to each other who spend hour after hour with each other and hardly any other source of entertainment. I read recently, I think it was from Casey S, that she really missed their time together because of the lack of anything else to do, they had great conversations with each other. For some reason, I don't think that's a bad thing.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.

  8. #598
    Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    From Here to Eternity
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    No, actually there wasn't. And since when is it that women get along you think it's because they have a hive mentality? I guess it would have been better if they'd all been belittling each other and skipping around singing "winning" and vapidly twirling their hair as they smirk at each other. That is the most ridiculous statement about women I've heard in a long time. What do you call it when men get along?

    As for Ben not liking women who don't get along with other women - you couldn't be more wrong. He stated several times how much that was important to him, especially since he has a sister that he is very close to. But, as we saw all season, Courtney played up a different side of herself to him, and he was blinded by his little Benny and had stopped thinking with his brain.
    It's a natural coping strategy for many women. And it works, but it is very difficult to be on the outside, as the hive is quite hostile to those it deems unworthy. Courtney's comments about trying to fit in early match that. Fleiss just chose not to illustrate it because he had a story he wanted to tell.

    I'm sorry you find the concept that there might be a little bit of truth to Courtney ridiculous. She is, obviously, immature. But I think there's something to her that those who joined the hive didn't have - maybe it's part sex appeal, maybe it's part what Bachelors are constantly harping upon when they talk about "opening up." These hive girls have a veneer to them. It's really quite unpleasant.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

  9. #599
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,258

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Most of the women on the show were beautiful women who did not seem desperate to me. I also did not see any sort of sorority sisterhood behavior going on. Even if these girls had been in a sorority, I would not generalize that everyone that has ever been in a sorority is somehow a lesser person just because of that. All that means is that they went to college which I consider a good thing and a privilege. Not that everyone is cut out for college or even able to afford to attend.

    I just don't see a problem with women becoming close to each other who spend hour after hour with each other and hardly any other source of entertainment. I read recently, I think it was from Casey S, that she really missed their time together because of the lack of anything else to do, they had great conversations with each other. For some reason, I don't think that's a bad thing.
    Casey S is she the one that went home? I cant recall how many Caseys we had.She remains good friends with Courtney, they have met for lunch. Along with two other girls from the house. That doesnt seem to correlate with the tale Fleiss was trying to tell does it now? Courtney = Billy no mates. As I have said before, anything good they have of on Courtney lays on the cutting room floor.

    I did think a few of them seemed desperate, no need to name names, he has made his choice and the show is over Lets hope they all find someone, and perhaps on a TV show is not the route some of them should take again.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #600
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    It's a natural coping strategy for many women. And it works, but it is very difficult to be on the outside, as the hive is quite hostile to those it deems unworthy. Courtney's comments about trying to fit in early match that. Fleiss just chose not to illustrate it because he had a story he wanted to tell.

    I'm sorry you find the concept that there might be a little bit of truth to Courtney ridiculous. She is, obviously, immature. But I think there's something to her that those who joined the hive didn't have - maybe it's part sex appeal, maybe it's part what Bachelors are constantly harping upon when they talk about "opening up." These hive girls have a veneer to them. It's really quite unpleasant.
    '

    I sense some scorn on your part with regard to "hive mentality" and behavior. They are some very interesting creatures. You and perhaps others might want to look into the studies of scientists, Thomas Seeley, for example for some additional perspectives on hives and their inhabitants. It's pretty interesting.

    Your comment regarding unworthiness made me laugh as I think that's what's called swarm intelligence.
    And by the way they are hostile because they sense a predator.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.