Closed Thread
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 612
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

  1. #581
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,347

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    She was a sure thing the moment she stepped out of that Limo.There wasnt another girl for Ben after that .Same thing happened when Brad met EM. It happens ♥

    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-22-2012 at 07:34 PM.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #582
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    No she wouldn't because they sign their rights away once they are on a reality show, the producers can protray you anyway they want to....It's a no win situation even when they have said that the other women did things people jumped all over them.....I am sure Courtney just wanted to put things behind them, so saying she was sorry was probably the easiest way to have it alll done with........
    I wonder then if the contract they sign has some sort of non-disparagement clause ? Ben did say HE got a raw deal and commented on his own commenting about the editing ... but there must be something preventing them from crying foul at the top of their lungs.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  3. #583
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She was a sure thing the moment she stepped out of that Limo.There wasnt another girl for Ben after that .Same thing happened when Brad met EM. It happens ♥

    I think it happened after she told him she was a model. LOL But I agree, it happened pretty quickly. The thing about the skinny dipping though, is that you could literally see Ben turn off from the other women afterwards. He was much more open to them up until that point. After the skinny dipping he just turned off, wouldn't look the girls in the eyes, didn't seem to be paying much attention to what they were saying. He starting phoning it in after the ocean affair.
    JavaJo, ilja, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  4. #584
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,347

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I think it happened after she told him she was a model. LOL But I agree, it happened pretty quickly. The thing about the skinny dipping though, is that you could literally see Ben turn off from the other women afterwards. He was much more open to them up until that point. After the skinny dipping he just turned off, wouldn't look the girls in the eyes, didn't seem to be paying much attention to what they were saying. He starting phoning it in after the ocean affair.

    I think he did pay attention to them.Each girl must be a liar if not.Most of them said Ben is very deep,or he's very attentive or he listens. Why would they lie? of all the things they edit, they wouldnt edit that? I just know that once they clicked, be out of the limo or after that, in the ocean, it was all over.BTW Ashley said the very same things about him in her season. I thought the same last season with Brad.Once he saw Emily and a connection made,Brad saw nobody else. It happens. with or without the skinny dipping :shug

    cheers!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #585
    Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    From Here to Eternity
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    What is a token normal sized girl ?

    And yes, please let us know about Lindzi's only reason for being there. If that is just your gut assumption, fine but if there is some quote or info regarding that I'd like to see/read it.
    Lindzi said she wanted to do the Bachelor Pad. That's not an appropriate show for someone who is looking for marriage.

    Every season, they have one female contestant who has hips and a butt and thighs and all those parts. That was Nicki this season. Everyone else looked like she could shop for eveningwear in the Hello Kitty section of Preadolescents 'R Us. I have phalanges that are bigger around than Lindzi's legs.

    I think Ben liked Courtney. I think, compared to the vapid sorority hive-mind we see, over and over, from bland little girls like KCB and Samantha, who blend in with every other processed, moderately attractive little girl who fills 90% of the cast, Courtney stood out.

    She didn't get chosen because she took off her clothes. She was chosen because she's at least a real person, unlike so many others. Ben really didn't have much choice. He wasn't attracted to Nicki, and those little sorority girls are a dime-a-dozen - not exactly marriage material.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

  6. #586
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    A lot of those so called "facts" are really only opinion. There is no way anyone can say for any certainty at all that production helped set up the skinny dipping. In fact, I seriously doubt that they did. And once again, regardless, Courtney did not have to say yes, which is why I still believe that the whole thing was her idea, just as it was her idea to try to get Ben back in bed a night or so later, her idea to go topless in front of those children, and it was definitely her own words that people got upset over. You just can't blame production or the show for what Courtney chose to do and say. The fairness part occurs when ALL the girls follow the RULES of the show, except for the Model... who broke them once, and tried to break a second time by luring Ben back in to the sack a few nights later. Doing that is what gave her the unfair advantage. Ben should have been grown up enough to say no, but he was thinking with little head instead of his brain. At least he realized what he did was wrong and turned her down when she tried to get him to boink her a second time. Ben definitely wasn't into any of the other girls after he boinked Courtney in the ocean. She was a sure thing at that point. As for Ben not being a good choice for the lead, most of us had that figured out pretty early on in the show.
    I always wondered if maybe they did it on the beach. That was a way for Courtney to get Ben to only have eyes for her, but I don't know how long that attraction will last. Also, when they were in the village, Courtney took her top off and kept it off. None of the other women took their tops off.

  7. #587
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    Lindzi said she wanted to do the Bachelor Pad. That's not an appropriate show for someone who is looking for marriage.

    Every season, they have one female contestant who has hips and a butt and thighs and all those parts. That was Nicki this season. Everyone else looked like she could shop for eveningwear in the Hello Kitty section of Preadolescents 'R Us. I have phalanges that are bigger around than Lindzi's legs.

    I think Ben liked Courtney. I think, compared to the vapid sorority hive-mind we see, over and over, from bland little girls like KCB and Samantha, who blend in with every other processed, moderately attractive little girl who fills 90% of the cast, Courtney stood out.

    She didn't get chosen because she took off her clothes. She was chosen because she's at least a real person, unlike so many others. Ben really didn't have much choice. He wasn't attracted to Nicki, and those little sorority girls are a dime-a-dozen - not exactly marriage material.
    Girls like Courtney are a dime a dozen too. Happy to throw themselves at a guy and willing to have sex with them after knowing them for a few hours. Maybe she didn't get chosen just because she took off her clothes for Ben so quickly, but it certainly was a major factor. Courtney wasn't coming off very smart either btw. If all you can come up with is sayings like "take it up the tail pipe" and "how did that taste coming out of your mouth", etc... not the brightest bulb in the box. She's really good at putting other people down and twirling her hair though, I'll give her that.
    ilja, jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  8. #588
    Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    From Here to Eternity
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Weren't there 25 women throwing themselves at Ben, happily willing to have sex after just a few hours? Courtney's only crime was that she has more appeal than the others.

    I don't doubt that Courtney would fail to qualify (along with Ben) for MENSA. But at least she's not one of the hive creatures. Since Ben doesn't like the hive creatures, his choices were quite limited.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

  9. #589
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,347

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I always wondered if maybe they did it on the beach. That was a way for Courtney to get Ben to only have eyes for her, but I don't know how long that attraction will last. Also, when they were in the village, Courtney took her top off and kept it off. None of the other women took their tops off.
    Except for all the women in that village that all went topless under their beaded tops. I say good for Courtney, I would have done the same.It was edited to look like the young boys were staring, when in fact they are not.Nor are they as uptight about semi nudity, as North America is
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-23-2012 at 12:10 AM.
    Monte71 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #590
    FORT Fanatic Pandora2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    573

    Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

    Didn't Ben say something about how Courtney was the only one who wasn't talking about happily-ever-after right out of the box? I still believe it was all a game for her -- like when she pretended she was losing interest so he would panic and give her the rose -- but she definitely didn't suggest that she was a sure thing, like the other 24 women who spent most of the time telling him how perfect he was and how he was exactly what they were looking for and they could see themselves together forever.

    That has to make someone skeptical and a bit wary -- either that the woman is desperate and not that picky or not wise enough to evaluate a potential mate a bit more.

    I once dated a guy who kept telling me how perfect I was after we'd been together about 10 minutes. Then he would tell me that he had told all his friends about me, and then he would repeat everything he told them about how perfect I was. Well I knew it wasn't true, and my thought was that eventually he would figure that out, and then what? Plus he did come across as desperate and that isn't exactly flattering. So it's possible that Ben was put off by that as well, and chose the woman who played hard to get.
    luvlady345 likes this.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.