Closed Thread
Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    As for hugging him while naked?
    After a hug from a naked Courtney, Ben likely had thoughts of a sexual nature. What's the next step... getting to know the other women, or sleeping with Courtney?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    After a hug from a naked Courtney, Ben likely had thoughts of a sexual nature. What's the next step... getting to know the other women, or sleeping with Courtney?
    Excellent point. As I said, there was a much bigger picture of what was going on than just Courtney luring Ben in to the ocean for some naked skinny dipping. MF should have just stopped production and sent the other women home that night. He would have done everyone a big favor, including Ben and Courtney.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Considering they helped set up the skinny dipping, why would they stop production?

Since when is this a "fair" competition? If it were fair, all the women would have dates. If it were fair, the producers wouldn't encourage women to take extra time with the Bachelor.

If all it took Ben was one moment hugging a naked Courtney to abandon all reason, Ben wasn't a very good choice to lead this show. But we can't ignore the effect of chemistry on dating. Often, we make an intellectual choice about who to date and it backfires entirely because there's no chemistry and the relationship dies quickly.

I think we saw that with KCB, at least. Hard to tell for certain, but it did seem from what limited footage we saw that Ben liked KCB, but they had no chemistry together. And I think he simply wasn't attracted to Nicki, because when he got to hug her when she was nearly naked, he soon eliminated her. You can bet from her ITAs that she was quite willing to abandon her bikini if Ben wanted that. Maybe she did? I think it's interesting that the token normal-sized girl even got that far, though.

Since Lindzi was only on the show to get a reality contract of some sort, what other choice did Ben have? Either a girl he wasn't in to, or a girl he was into, but was there for the wrong reasons, or a girl he was into, said the right things, but wasn't popular with the other girls.

Not defending Ben too much, but I think he made the only choice he could make.
    luvlady345 likes this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Excellent point. As I said, there was a much bigger picture of what was going on than just Courtney luring Ben in to the ocean for some naked skinny dipping. MF should have just stopped production and sent the other women home that night. He would have done everyone a big favor, including Ben and Courtney.
    After a naked Courtney threw herself at a naked Ben, he must have been preoccupied with thoughts of sleeping with her.

FORT Fogey

If all it took Ben was one moment hugging a naked Courtney to abandon all reason, Ben wasn't a very good choice to lead this show. But we can't ignore the effect of chemistry on dating. Often, we make an intellectual choice about who to date and it backfires entirely because there's no chemistry and the relationship dies quickly.
    What if Ben is just infatuated with Courtney? What if what he feels is just a temporary attraction? If Courtney knew Ben liked her, why take the extra step, and throw herself at him while naked? If she was confident that he preferred her, throwing herself at him while naked with millions watching wasn't necessary. I wonder about Ben... does he really like Courtney because of her personality... or is it because of sex? If Ben eventually realizes that Courtney doesn't get along with his friends, will he no longer feel love, infatuation, lust, or whatever it is that he feels with Courtney?
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 03-22-2012 at 07:07 PM.

FORT Fogey

Considering they helped set up the skinny dipping, why would they stop production?

Since when is this a "fair" competition? If it were fair, all the women would have dates. If it were fair, the producers wouldn't encourage women to take extra time with the Bachelor.

I think we saw that with KCB, at least. Hard to tell for certain, but it did seem from what limited footage we saw that Ben liked KCB, but they had no chemistry together. And I think he simply wasn't attracted to Nicki, because when he got to hug her when she was nearly naked, he soon eliminated her. You can bet from her ITAs that she was quite willing to abandon her bikini if Ben wanted that. Maybe she did? I think it's interesting that the token normal-sized girl even got that far, though.

Since Lindzi was only on the show to get a reality contract of some sort, what other choice did Ben have? Either a girl he wasn't in to, or a girl he was into, but was there for the wrong reasons, or a girl he was into, said the right things, but wasn't popular with the other girls.

I must have missed where this "fact" was revealed. Where/when did she say she was on the show only to get a reality contract?
    ilja and jucamer like this.

No, I didn't say that, either. Obviously she has to take responsibility for what she said. I just don't think skinny-dipping is all that big a deal. Courtney has a nice body - why should she be ashamed of it? As for hugging him while naked? She had known him for weeks. Again... big deal. This is The Bachelor - USA, 2012, not The Bachelor - Hester Prynne Edition or The Bachelor - Taliban.
    She hadn't exactly "known him" for weeks.

How long did she know the village residents and children while she was rattling her beads sans bra ? I find that inexcusable and disrespectful of the other women as well as their families watching at home.
    mesachick, ilja and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

What is a token normal sized girl ?

And yes, please let us know about Lindzi's only reason for being there. If that is just your gut assumption, fine but if there is some quote or info regarding that I'd like to see/read it.
    mesachick, jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Nice article online .They have moved on, seem happy .She gave an intreview.She has met with three of the girls from the show for lunch. having fun with Ben's family( In particular her sister). Its all good
    Lindzi said she would do the BP and also she would would like to be the next bachelorette.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

A lot of those so called "facts" are really only opinion. There is no way anyone can say for any certainty at all that production helped set up the skinny dipping. In fact, I seriously doubt that they did. And once again, regardless, Courtney did not have to say yes, which is why I still believe that the whole thing was her idea, just as it was her idea to try to get Ben back in bed a night or so later, her idea to go topless in front of those children, and it was definitely her own words that people got upset over. You just can't blame production or the show for what Courtney chose to do and say.

The fairness part occurs when ALL the girls follow the RULES of the show, except for the Model... who broke them once, and tried to break a second time by luring Ben back in to the sack a few nights later. Doing that is what gave her the unfair advantage. Ben should have been grown up enough to say no, but he was thinking with little head instead of his brain. At least he realized what he did was wrong and turned her down when she tried to get him to boink her a second time. Ben definitely wasn't into any of the other girls after he boinked Courtney in the ocean. She was a sure thing at that point.

As for Ben not being a good choice for the lead, most of us had that figured out pretty early on in the show.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread