Closed Thread
Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 747484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Whether it was her idea originally or not, no one held her at gunpoint or even twisted her arm to make her to do it. Again, there's that unfortunate attempt not to accept responsibility for one's own behavior, or to hold people responsible for theirs. Poor Courtney, they made her strip naked with Ben and rub herself all over him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    Because Fleiss wants this. He wants people talking about the show. He controls how the story is told, and has 26 little pawns who sign away the right for him to do exactly what he wants. So he takes what he's given with the footage and tries things out on his audience. I think he mis-shot with Courtney. At the time he had to make a decision how to sell TWTA, Ben and Courtney were broken up. He wanted a story of a woman who made some serious mistakes, and it cost her love. But then they were sorta back together for the ATFR, so he needed a different story - one of redemption. Unfortunately, that's a very quick transition, and the audience wasn't so ready to let her have that. So the season fell flat. I don't think he was quite ready for the ugliness of the reaction to Courtney. He didn't understand how hung up so many Americans are on nudity, so the skinny-dipping scene (which undoubtedly they planted in Courtney's head in the first place and set up with all the camera crews) caused much more consternation than Fleiss had anticipated. If you don't believe that Fleiss and his crew members planted the skinny-dipping idea with Courtney, go back and look at when she first mentions it the week before she did it. The way she talked about it in the ITA... that seemed odd, like it was the answer to someone else's question. "Sure I'll do it. I am a model, thanks for reminding me."
    What concerns me about the skinny dipping was that Courtney hugged Ben while they were both naked. Now I think that Ben might have just been in lust with Courtney.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Whether it was her idea originally or not, no one held her at gunpoint or even twisted her arm to make her to do it. Again, there's that unfortunate attempt not to accept responsibility for one's own behavior, or to hold people responsible for theirs. Poor Courtney, they made her strip naked with Ben and rub herself all over him.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. It seems that some people feel that everyone else is responsible for Courtney's bad behavior, except for Courtney... yet she's the one who made decisions to behave a certain way, or say certain things. Even Ben felt Courtney needed to take accountability for her actions. Courtney is the one responsible, period.
    Longhornfan, JavaJo and jucamer like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth. It seems that some people feel that everyone else is responsible for Courtney's bad behavior, except for Courtney... yet she's the one who made decisions to behave a certain way, or say certain things. Even Ben felt Courtney needed to take accountability for her actions. Courtney is the one responsible, period.
    No, I didn't say that, either. Obviously she has to take responsibility for what she said. I just don't think skinny-dipping is all that big a deal. Courtney has a nice body - why should she be ashamed of it? As for hugging him while naked? She had known him for weeks. Again... big deal. This is The Bachelor - USA, 2012, not The Bachelor - Hester Prynne Edition or The Bachelor - Taliban.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    If you are not on reality websites I doubt if you know anything about who she is....I am very much into fashion an I have NEVER read anything she has written........But since Courtney is not the fans cup of tea, she might as well smear/mar her name because it's happens to be the IN thing to do....

That is true, there are many fans of this show who do not read blogs, forums etc. Again, I don't care about fashion, but you do and so do others. If someone sees a dress worn by a contestant they might want to know where to buy it for themself. They can do the research themselves I guess, or a search will probably bring up Possessionista.

Do I think Courtney is the most evil person on this earth? No, of course not. She was a willing participant on a reality show. Ben fell for her, so she must have a few redeeming qualities. It seems in this case tho, that her "bad attitude" isn't all editing, as it also went into real life. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    I don't think he was quite ready for the ugliness of the reaction to Courtney. He didn't understand how hung up so many Americans are on nudity, so the skinny-dipping scene (which undoubtedly they planted in Courtney's head in the first place and set up with all the camera crews) caused much more consternation than Fleiss had anticipated.
    I said the same thing a when the skinny dipping happened. Fleiss underestimated the fan reaction to Courtney and over shot her edit. But did he really? The same thing happened with Ashley. The fans were outraged that she was so stuck on Bentley while having other great guys there. So he has to know how far some fans go, and how his leads can suffer the aftermath, all the while not being able to defend their choice as to not give away the ending. Seems almost like torturing these people for his own gain. Just typing that makes me look at this show in a whole new way. So he knew what would happen to Ben and Courtney and still chose to do it anyway. Emily should be very, very afraid.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Just when I thought I was moving way, way past this season, I got a postcard from the new Stein Mart opening up down the street and guess who is the only model on it?!? You got it - Courtney.

I read upthread that she wouldn't tell a blogger who her clothes are from - could this be why? She does modeling for different designers/retailers, I'm sure, unlike other girls. She can't just go out and give names that might not be them, right? I don't know. And, honestly, I could care less. If I hadn't gotten the postcard, I wouldn't be in this thread posting or thinking about them.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

No, I didn't say that, either. Obviously she has to take responsibility for what she said. I just don't think skinny-dipping is all that big a deal. Courtney has a nice body - why should she be ashamed of it? As for hugging him while naked? She had known him for weeks. Again... big deal. This is The Bachelor - USA, 2012, not The Bachelor - Hester Prynne Edition or The Bachelor - Taliban.
    I am FAR from being a prude and believe there is nothing wrong with skinny dipping either, BUT in front of 10 million people with someone you have just met? She had known him for weeks? In Bachelor time that is 2 days and talked to him maybe 3 times. The girl is a P-I-G. Ben is a D-O-P-E. I hope the two of them are happy as clams and that we never hear from them again!
    BTW, echo226, mesachick and 3 others like this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

It wasn't just the skinny dipping that caused people to dislike her. She was already on the road to being one of the least popular people to grace the show. Just by what we all saw, we know she wasn't ashamed of it. More likely wanted the attention. That's what makes her actions that much more distastful. Now she wants people to forgive and forget. Tain't working! You reap what you sow Courtney.
    mesachick and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

ALL the girls had nice bodies. I'm sure they know it, too, and being "ashamed " or not ashamed had absolutely nothing to do with anything -- but they didn't see the fact that they have nice bodies as any reason to strip on national TV, throw their clothes on the ground, and rub up against the male lead on the show. Most of the women on reality TV also have nice bodies, and even though many of them are dumber than dirt, they don't strip naked in front of the cameras, jump up and down and fling themselves at a man they hardly know, either.
    Longhornfan, ilja and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    ALL the girls had nice bodies. I'm sure they know it, too, and being "ashamed " or not ashamed had absolutely nothing to do with anything -- but they didn't see the fact that they have nice bodies as any reason to strip on national TV, throw their clothes on the ground, and rub up against the male lead on the show. Most of the women on reality TV also have nice bodies, and even though many of them are dumber than dirt, they don't strip naked in front of the cameras, jump up and down and fling themselves at a man they hardly know, either.
    I agree. What poor Courtney has is a bad case of the low self-esteems. She feels the need to put down others so that she can feel better about herself. The only way she knows how to get a guy is by throwing herself at him, and what makes it even more pathetic is that she was willing to sleep with him after only knowing him for what amounts to a few hours. This has absolutely nothing to do with skinny dipping as an act of itself, there's a much bigger picture here.
    Longhornfan, ilja, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread