Closed Thread
Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    In Ali's blog she named the women who said this about Courtney, the thing is every human being have many sides to them so I don't see why it's shocking that Courtney got along sometimes with theses women...

It's amazing when we don't like a person how we put such expectations on them....Who is Possessionista? She is nothing but a reality show blogger who writes about fashion, this is the same woman who didn't like Courtney on this season and said things about her....It's not like Possessionista is some big well known person , she is nothing but an internet blogger who only a handful of people know about.........I am sorry I wouldn't ID my clothes to her either....
    I don't know who she is, so I googled her. Its not a very big blog. Is she a big deal? anyway she said Courtney looked even more beautiful in person! so she said some nice things as well.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yup I use the mute button a lot.
    Several women started saying that they thought they were falling in love. I've heard that line before...in previous seasons! Instead of muting everybody, I decided to not watch entire episodes. I might have watched part of the overnight date show if they were in a tropical paradise, but Switzerland isn't an exotic location.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    The only person to blame is Courtney - her ugliness is what we based our opinions on
    I agree!

I am not surprised at all at how many viewers were less than thrilled with Courtney's behaviors. The "ugliness of public opinion" has been around since people have had opinions! This is a presidential election year too ya know... Courtney is getting a cake walk compared to what a lot of people in the public arena have been through.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Several women started saying that they thought they were falling in love. I've heard that line before...in previous seasons! Instead of muting everybody, I decided to not watch entire episodes. I might have watched part of the overnight date show if they were in a tropical paradise, but Switzerland isn't an exotic location.
    Thats what I am most tired of.The same lines over and over and over again. Its borrrrrring .Same goes for the men and their lines.I think I can see myself with _________________

Why dont they say something like Brad is it true you have rap sheet they kept under wraps ???? *g* ( it is true actually)

I am even tired of the exotic over night dates, it drags on and on, it could much nicer in an hour instead of two. its time for me to move on

Enjoy the 'ette with old Emily M

Pandora2 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

For me, I dont care about them once they are off the show. The women that were not on very long I think they tweet as they didnt get much exposure on the show.Its keeps their name in the media or whatever it is now.I am not against it, I dont really care I think it would be nice if Ben and Courtney were left alone, but, as other couples from the show have said, it takes awhile .I have a good friend that said she never saw an apology from Fliess about this season, did you see one? She has shown me who she follows etc, I guess I dont get it. Or , I should say care to follow anyone.I dont read blogs unless someone sends me an interesting link..I am not sure where I said it was bad to be on second reality show, but why not own that? why pretend you are on show for love, and all the while would like your own show( Emily M comes to mind) for me, its the adoration that these people get, for doing nothing really.( snookie etc) Its totally up to the individual and their tastes, I know I have a mute button, and I have a TV remote if I dont want to watch something. If I had hated this season, I wouldnt have watched it.
    I'm not on Twitter that much but the one I saw from Fleiss did not sound like an apology at all to me. It was something about thanking folks for staying on the Bachelor ride and looking forward to the Bachelorette, though that's not a quote but from a bad memory.

I do believe some of them are truly looking for love. From what I've read from past contestants, they say that recently it's about 50/50 and that a lot of them are just there for the adventure, getting to travel to places they could never go otherwise.

I just don't hold it against someone because they are being reasonable and realizing that the likelihood of them being the chosen one is pretty low statistically. If they want to just have fun or use it as a way to have more doors of opportunity opened up to them, I say go for it.

Now I do draw a line on those that lie to the bachelor/ette especially toward the end when they are sending away contestants who really do have feelings for him or her.

All that said, I will not promise that I will never say in the future that he or she is there for the wrong reasons.

Call me a hypocrite, it won't be the last time I deserve it.

FORT Fogey

Thats what I am most tired of.The same lines over and over and over again. Its borrrrrring .Same goes for the men and their lines.I think I can see myself with _________________ Why dont they say something like Brad is it true you have rap sheet they kept under wraps ???? *g* ( it is true actually) I am even tired of the exotic over night dates, it drags on and on, it could much nicer in an hour instead of two. its time for me to move on Enjoy the 'ette with old Emily M
    They recite their lines towards the end of each season. Also, Switzerland not covered with snow didn't look impressive. If they had gone to a tropical location, I would have watched the overnight date show for about 10 minutes. I'm not interested in watching a woman get a date card for an overnight date, and seeing rose petals on the bed. It's the same every season. I like the episodes at the beginning and middle of the seasons... before the contestants start reciting their lines. But, this season Courtney acted the same on each episode. I quickly got bored with her.

I personally loved Switzerland and after watching it through the eyes of the Bachelor camera, would love to go one day. I doubt I will ever get the opportunity but if I did, I would not pass it up.

If Courtney actually helped girls get ready, etc. and was "nice" to some as was stated somewhere up-thread, I have to wonder why they didn't show some footage of that at the ATFR . They were after all, trying to redeem her.

And why was Courtney all pseudo-apologetic on the WTA? Why wasn't she instead enumerating all her kindnesses ?

Also ...

I know very little about slander and defamation in the legal sense, but if Courtney is truly just a nice, sweet girl and the producers of what's considered a reality show portrayed her falsely as an evil shrew via the editing, wouldn't she have a great reason to sue them ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    If Courtney actually helped girls get ready, etc. and was "nice" to some as was stated somewhere up-thread, I have to wonder why they didn't show some footage of that at the ATFR . They were after all, trying to redeem her.

And why was Courtney all pseudo-apologetic on the WTA? Why wasn't she instead enumerating all her kindnesses ?

Also ...

I know very little about slander and defamation in the legal sense, but if Courtney is truly just a nice, sweet girl and the producers of what's considered a reality show portrayed her falsely as an evil shrew via the editing, wouldn't she have a great reason to sue them ?
    No she wouldn't because they sign their rights away once they are on a reality show, the producers can protray you anyway they want to....It's a no win situation even when they have said that the other women did things people jumped all over them.....I am sure Courtney just wanted to put things behind them, so saying she was sorry was probably the easiest way to have it alll done with........

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Because Fleiss wants this. He wants people talking about the show. He controls how the story is told, and has 26 little pawns who sign away the right for him to do exactly what he wants.

So he takes what he's given with the footage and tries things out on his audience.

I think he mis-shot with Courtney. At the time he had to make a decision how to sell TWTA, Ben and Courtney were broken up. He wanted a story of a woman who made some serious mistakes, and it cost her love.

But then they were sorta back together for the ATFR, so he needed a different story - one of redemption. Unfortunately, that's a very quick transition, and the audience wasn't so ready to let her have that. So the season fell flat.

I don't think he was quite ready for the ugliness of the reaction to Courtney. He didn't understand how hung up so many Americans are on nudity, so the skinny-dipping scene (which undoubtedly they planted in Courtney's head in the first place and set up with all the camera crews) caused much more consternation than Fleiss had anticipated.

If you don't believe that Fleiss and his crew members planted the skinny-dipping idea with Courtney, go back and look at when she first mentions it the week before she did it. The way she talked about it in the ITA... that seemed odd, like it was the answer to someone else's question.

"Sure I'll do it. I am a model, thanks for reminding me."
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Closed Thread