Closed Thread
Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

So why would the producers of this show go out of their way to make not only their 'star' but the person he chooses to look like a) fools (Ben) or b) jerks (Courtney and Ben) to such a degree that the audience became, for the most part, quite hostile towards them? What is the motivation for that?

I'm genuinely curious. I can buy that the producers felt the drama that Courtney brought would boost ratings, but I don't think they would go so far out of their way as to fabricate her character by splicing and dicing the footage to such a degree that they made her...more hated than liked. Hmmm...doesn't compute with me for some reason. I think she's just like that, it's who she is, and whether right or wrong that person cranks Ben's shaft (so to speak) so he wanted her right from the get go.

So did the editors create the Courtney we enjoyed, or did Courtney give the editors more than enough to work with? Where is Bloomers??

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    So why would the producers of this show go out of their way to make not only their 'star' but the person he chooses to look like a) fools (Ben) or b) jerks (Courtney and Ben) to such a degree that the audience became, for the most part, quite hostile towards them? What is the motivation for that?

I'm genuinely curious. I can buy that the producers felt the drama that Courtney brought would boost ratings, but I don't think they would go so far out of their way as to fabricate her character by splicing and dicing the footage to such a degree that they made her...more hated than liked. Hmmm...doesn't compute with me for some reason. I think she's just like that, it's who she is, and whether right or wrong that person cranks Ben's shaft (so to speak) so he wanted her right from the get go.

So did the editors create the Courtney we enjoyed, or did Courtney give the editors more than enough to work with? Where is Bloomers??
    I don't know for sure that they did. I'm just saying it's a possibility since they have more than likely done so in the past.

I know it's easy to hate Courtney. I'm not exactly a fan. I'm just thinking out loud in my posts and one of the thoughts I've had lately is that we may well not know the entire story.

Most folks are not all bad or all good. Yes, some are worse than others and judging by what we saw of Courtney, she's as rude, mean and self-centered as they come. However, that's just it. We are making these conclusions on what we saw. I'm just saying that we might not be 100% correct in our assessment of Courtney since we did not see her 100% of the time.

Of course, we could also be 100% correct but we will never really know unless one of us gets to know her personally.

At this point in time, I'm more upset with Ben because I expected more out of him. Then again, what did I really know about him?

While I may be considering giving Courtney a benefit of the doubt, at this point in time, given the information that we currently have, the only people who should be ashamed of themselves are Ben and Courtney.

Ali wrote in her last blog that all of the women didn't hate Courtney and that Courtney would let the girls wear her clothes and help them bet ready for the rose ceremonies .
    Yes, I know that Courtney said things, but for me she was no worse than the rest of them......

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    Ali wrote in her last blog that all of the women didn't hate Courtney and that Courtney would let the girls wear her clothes and help them bet ready for the rose ceremonies .
    Yes, I know that Courtney said things, but for me she was no worse than the rest of them......

Amazing what sort of trickles out about this show
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Please remember that everyone who watches this show has a right to their opinion, whether good or bad, whether others agree with them or not. Nobody needs to feel ashamed of how they see these characters or what they think about how they behaved or were edited as behaving etc. We do not need to feel badly for liking or disliking someone who participates in these shows, we only need to remember to be respectful of our fellow posters and their opinions.

Now, back to the Ben and Courtney...

I agree with those who say we don't know these people so who are we to judge them...and so I won't judge them as human beings I, as a viewer, will judge them as the characters on a television show I watched. I'll pretend it was all scripted and completely made up: as such I will say the writers should have chosen a better lead actor for the role of Ben, as I found this one to be kind of boring and often really annoying in how he played his role. He amused me at times, but I still think the show itself could have been more interesting with a different lead. I was surprised at the way the storyline went though, since usually when it comes to love stories we get the boy falling for the girl next door and this was definitely not the case here. The lead actress must have had a tough time being so mean to everyone...all those snarky comments she had to learn. Yikes! Still, she played her part well. The ending wasn't really shocking, and could have benefited from some rewrites I think. Maybe in the sequel they will iron out some of the kinks...
    fireflyer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    While I may be considering giving Courtney a benefit of the doubt, at this point in time, given the information that we currently have, the only people who should be ashamed of themselves are Ben and Courtney.
    I hope they are having fun, and I hope we dont see them again on any other show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    When reading the exit interviews of the other contestants, none of them (other than Cacey), really had a kind word for Courtney...and Ben didn't fare much better.

Ali has proven herself to be quite astute at playing the game with the producers...the crying with Jake, asking to come back, crying for Frank. Most recently attending the Vegas reunion and will she or won't she be on BP3. She is promoting the cr*p out of her new show hosting gig and keeping her options open just in case that doesn't work out. Frankly I don't necessarily believe what she says about this show and can see her being used as a mouth piece for the show since I don't think they expected the level of hate/dislike they created about their boring lead and his self centered, nasty F1. She is also helping to tone down the criticism for Emily and hence the damage control piece during WTA.

In my opinion, when these people start changing their tunes...if indeed they are...it is usually because they are playing along...like Ali. The producers can help them with future entertainment aspirations, or at least with getting them on the next BP. Much better to play nice than to bite the hand that feeds you.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, as it usually does. Is she a mean, conceited, self-centered often vile witch 100%? Probably not. Doesn't mean she isn't all of those things at all. We were witness to some pretty crappy behaviour from her that wasn't out of context, it was out of her mouth. Doesn't mean she doesn't love her friends and family, doesn't mean she is mean to "old people, little kids and puppies" (tm: Tin Cup) - it means she's not a saint and she's not the devil.

I read some comments from the people magazine article about Ben and Courtney where Ben casts some blame for Courtney's behaviour on the other women, saying they were all capable of saying vile things etc. Typical deflection. While that may be true, I would caution these two to take their lumps and bow out of this whole thing. If they are happy together, that's great. Don't compound the problem of bad publicity by trying to blame others. It's stupid, IMO.
    Sorry. My computer was infected by a virus and was in the shop from Monday to Friday so I am just catching up.

I agree the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. I don't equate either Courtney or Ben with murderers or child molesters, but I am not a fan of either one and frankly, don't like either. They both have some supporters, but those too, seem to be firmly in the minority.

I have watched this show long enough that I well know how things/people are manipulated, managed and edited. I am not naive. But, they can only splice and dice what you give them...Kyptin said this during his season with Jillian and I wholeheartedly agree with him.

What really irks me with these two is in regard to the bolded. Neither of them seems to be willing to accept any responsibility for their actions and are basically blaming other people for how they acted. The other girls ganged up on Courtney, they treated her mean...boo hoo, but she was just a ray of sunshine to everyone. The girls didn't give Ben any concrete examples of how she was mean...but then he goes on and describes how he didn't like how she acted at the rose ceremonies...so he did see, was warned, but just didn't care. She also told him she usually doesn't get along with women, hasn't got women friends, and is not getting along with the other women but it is their fault because they are just jealous because she is a model. Yeah right.

If they are happy, well good for them. They are both immature and self-centered and deserve one another. I don't wish them ill and hope they get what they want out of this experience, but please take a good look at yourselves because you can't go through life blaming other people for your actions. Mature people take responsibily for their actions. It is not what happens to us that is the mark of our character, but how we react to what happens.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-19-2012 at 03:52 AM.
    mesachick, ilja and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    When reading the exit interviews of the other contestants, none of them (other than Cacey), really had a kind word for Courtney...and Ben didn't fare much better. Ali has proven herself to be quite astute at playing the game with the producers...the crying with Jake, asking to come back, crying for Frank. Most recently attending the Vegas reunion and will she or won't she be on BP3. She is promoting the cr*p out of her new show hosting gig and keeping her options open just in case that doesn't work out. Frankly I don't necessarily believe what she says about this show and can see her being used as a mouth piece for the show since I don't think they expected the level of hate/dislike they created about their boring lead and his self centered, nasty F1. She is also helping to tone down the criticism for Emily and hence the damage control piece during WTA. In my opinion, when these people start changing their tunes...if indeed they are...it is usually because they are playing along...like Ali. The producers can help them with future entertainment aspirations, or at least with getting them on the next BP. Much better to play nice than to bite the hand that feeds you.
    Good post, Midol! Ali likely posted those positive comments about Courtney to stay on the producer's good side. All of the video that I saw of Courtney was negative. Since she was Ben's choice, wouldn't they show positive footage of Courtney if there was any? I still say I believe what I saw... and if someone writes about what Courtney supposedly really is like behind the scenes... I still have to see it to believe it.
    jucamer, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Yeah, Ali can be a supreme ass-kisser if it's to her benefit, so her opinion carries no weight with me.

Not sure if any of you have heard of Possessionista? She has a fashion blog, hosted a party after the show ended. She id's the clothes and shoes the girls wear on the show except for guess who? Courtney wouldn't identify the clothes she wore on the show because she didn't like the snarky comments said about her. So, she is just petty and immature. No one else straight out refuses. Being in the business she is in, I don't see how that kind of attitude gets her anywhere. Modelling ain't gonna last forever. Maybe Ali can give her lessons in the art of ass-kissing.....
    jucamer and Midol like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Closed Thread