Closed Thread
Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I haven't watched since the teaser episode for the skinny dipping. It destroys the reason I originally watched the show. I know it makes for boring TV but I am in it for the romance and I'd rather see people treat each other with respect than all the nasty backstabbing and 15 minutes of fame moments.
    When I feel this way, as I have so many times with this show I dont watch, and I dont care, so I dont waste my time. I always hope it shows in their final numbers, but I have turned this show off more times than I have watched it. This franchise has gotten worse, but I guess if they still have the numbers they will keep putting it on. It hasn't been as boring for me.

Each to their own . Bachelor and Bachelorette.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 02-27-2012 at 11:34 AM.

FORT Fogey

Why does every post from today say "Last edited by canuckinchile" at the bottom?

Because people were posting spoilers about the ending, which is not allowed. This is a spoiler-free thread, please try to remember that.

ETA: I am sure there are a lot of people that have read the spoilers but there are readers who have not. For instance to say: I think, or in my opinion, or something like that is okay, but to say: I can't believe "so and so" makes it to the very end, is a spoiler.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 02-27-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I just read that Ellen has said that she wants to have Courtney come onto her show and set the record straight. I know that she allowed Brad the opportunity to do this on her show. So, this had me wondering. I know that this has been laid out for us before, but I can't remember which shows, networks, etc. are all linked together and are used by the Bachelor franchise to promote the show and basically leak out information that TPTB want to get out. This seems to happen more and more at this point in the show. In other words, is this the case with Ellen? I just find the timing on this just a bit suspicious. Pretty much everyone, whether spoiled or unspoiled, have decided that the ending is a done deal. There isn't any real suspense anymore, other than are they still together or not.

The article said that Courtney wants to do the Ellen show, and it is going to happen. They just don't know when it will happen.
    I just saw the Ellen show today and she had Meredith Vieira on. They were discussing The Bachelor and what a hoot Meredith was doing the lip thing like Courtney exactly the same way. Ellen did say she wanted to have Courtney on. They seemed to think Courtney's mom had the same lip thing.

FORT Regular

Interesting quote I read about E.Q. "Emotional Intelligence".

Ability to resolve conflicts. The emotionally intelligent can resolve conflicts because they always think in terms of win-win, unlike the “I win, you lose” philosophy of those with little emotional intelligence.
    Importance of Emotional Intelligence

I think that speaks for itself.
    judkay likes this.

FORT Fogey

I was unspoiled. I didn't know what the ending would be. Also, Courtney pretended to cry, but there weren't any tears. Ben cried a real tear.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    Because people were posting spoilers about the ending, which is not allowed. This is a spoiler-free thread, please try to remember that.

ETA: I am sure there are a lot of people that have read the spoilers but there are readers who have not. For instance to say: I think, or in my opinion, or something like that is okay, but to say: I can't believe "so and so" makes it to the very end, is a spoiler.
    Isn't that a spoiler, too? I stayed out of this thread because I worried I'd read something like this, though it was so pervasive even in the recap threads that I kind-of knew anyway. If I really didn't want the ending spoiled, I would have had to stay away from any discussion of the show at all.

Did Courtney just do this for the publicity? If she wants to continue her current line of work, not a great idea. Models sell products, not themselves. When you become a celebrity, you endorse. But models have a shelf life, and Courtney is 28, so perhaps this is a clever transition to the world of celebrity.

I don't know how much of what we saw was "real" or illusion. I think all I can assume is that Ben chose Courtney out of the 25 women. He saw something that worked for him. Since no Bachelor has ever married his final choice, we can remain quite skeptical, for good reason. This show is an awful way to choose a bride.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

This show is an awful way to choose a bride.
    Its a farce, because we know that they dont work out.I am still not completely sure JP an Ashley will marry( she acts so young) and he does not

Really, who cares?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I don't know what Courtney's original motives were for being on this show, but I'm willing to let her & Ben ride off into the sunset together. I don't know if it's "love", but they seem to have "something". I guess I've had enough of the drama and I'm ready to move on to something new.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

If you want a wild Courtney ride, you guys ought to read David Good's Bachelor Blog. He talks about Courtney's behavior reminding him of a sociopath that he knows and the comments even include some from supposed Courtneys.

Closed Thread