Closed Thread
Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

I just read the interview of 2 of Courtney's best gal friends and boy was it the opposite of what we've been seeing. While I'm sure there's another side to Courtney, the fact that they had no clue why it was tacky that Courtney and Ben skinny-dipped during the show and on national TV, no less, tells me more about them than it does Courtney.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I just read the interview of 2 of Courtney's best gal friends and boy was it the opposite of what we've been seeing. While I'm sure there's another side to Courtney, the fact that they had no clue why it was tacky that Courtney and Ben skinny-dipped during the show and on national TV, no less, tells me more about them than it does Courtney.
    I also read the interview with those two girlfriends as well, which just goes to show you that Courtney does have two different sides to her personality. I read a comment about Courtney that someone posted that rang true to me. Courtney probably does treat people within her tight circle of friends differently than those that she has a no vested interest in. But true character shows through by how she treats others that are not allowed into her world. Despite what her friends are saying, which is that Courtney is getting a bad edit, her words and actions are her own. Her friends are trying to explain away her actions by saying that she simply has a sarcastic sense of humor. Perhaps that is one thing that her circle of friends all share, but sometimes sarcasim is meant to hurt others. Sometimes it is simply followed up with "Oh, I was just kidding". I have known people like this throughout my life.

It appears to me that Courtney only went after the women on the show that Ben showed the most interest in. Early in the show she made rude comments about Lindzie after she got the first impression rose. Next up was Kacie after her one-on-one date with Ben. And so on and so on. That sarcastic remark she made to Kacie "How did that feel coming out of your mouth" was meant to HURT. That was painfully obvious to me.

I know a few people for whom sarcasm, insults and cutting words are, they believe, cool and funny. They just don't know when to stop, and are unable to really read the crowd and realize that they are going too far and it's not at all funny or cool. Maybe her friends/family have never just really called her on it and said "cut it out, you're being a complete jerk"

Then again, she might get a kick out of all of it because she really does have an inclination towards hurting people as a way of making herself feel good.

Either way, I don't see anything attractive about this girl, but it's obvious Ben does, at least physically. I highly doubt it will last, but perhaps neither of them cares if it does. We keep saying Ben is getting played, but if he's chosen this girl maybe it's because he doesn't care at all about happily-ever-after at this point and just wants to get it on with the girl who pursued him the hardest.
    kateb, jucamer, Midol and 2 others like this.

I know a few people that use sarcasm, and it is funny. It can also be a defence mechanism for not feeling all that great about yourself. So who really knows? or cares? I guess I dont care. I dont think she sets out to hurt people, is she cast as the villain, yes, is she like that in person with no editing? I dont know. I dont think anyone does( yet) I have read really nice things from her ex BF. But that wouldn't count

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I know a few people for whom sarcasm, insults and cutting words are, they believe, cool and funny. They just don't know when to stop, and are unable to really read the crowd and realize that they are going too far and it's not at all funny or cool. Maybe her friends/family have never just really called her on it and said "cut it out, you're being a complete jerk"

Then again, she might get a kick out of all of it because she really does have an inclination towards hurting people as a way of making herself feel good.

Either way, I don't see anything attractive about this girl, but it's obvious Ben does, at least physically. I highly doubt it will last, but perhaps neither of them cares if it does. We keep saying Ben is getting played, but if he's chosen this girl maybe it's because he doesn't care at all about happily-ever-after at this point and just wants to get it on with the girl who pursued him the hardest.
    I think she does it to try to make herself feel better in her own sick way. If anything we've read is true about how she's treated other people (apparently she made fun of the special ed kids while in High School too), then this is just who Courtney is. The things she is saying is definitely meant to hurt the others. Several of the girls from the show have said that what we are seeing is exactly how she was in the house. I also find it odd that her friends are trying to justify her actions. But then again, birds of a feather flock together. They are probably just like her.
    Uncle David, ilja, jucamer and 4 others like this.

Sweetpea, perhaps you are right, and Courtney simply says those sarcastic, insulting and cutting words because she thinks it is cool and funny...unable to or perhaps unwilling to realize that the people who it is directed at just don't see the humor. You would think that she would have gotten a clue on her own after 28 years, simply by the bewildered looks on people's faces and lack of laughter afterwards. That could mean a complete lack of self awareness on her part, or something entirely different. I don't know which it is.

Emily also alluded to this very thing in her exit interview. She said that no one was laughing after Courtney would deliver one of her barbs toward the women, and that the room basically would fall silent. It was said that Courtney sucked the wind out of the room every time she entered it.

And, I am like you. I don't find Courtney the least bit attractive either. But, if Ben likes what he has seen of her, then I guess we will know soon if she is the one. I simply can't see him picking anyone else but her. She definitely captured his attention from the moment she stepped out of the limo.
    sweetpea, jucamer, Midol and 2 others like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just got back from the grocery store. I think "The Model" got what she wanted - covers of several magazines. Unfortunately, none of them were fashion magazines, and NONE of the captions were very complimentary. US, Star, other rags.
    waywyrd, jucamer, Midol and 1 others like this.

This gal is just a bad person. There can be no excuses for her behavior towards the other girls in the house or her slutty behavior with Ben on national tv. [ edit by Arielflies] He was told by multiple girls about the way she acts with them and how she is a different person with him. He brushed them off like a nasty, pesky fly and was even rude and threatening towards Emily when she tried to warn him. [edit by Arielflies] IMO, this was just lust on his part and he got the big head that a "model" could be so into him. If these two met in real life, away from the cameras, she wouldn't give him a second glance. I know I wouldn't. Of course, I don't think Courtney is that attractive and her behavior makes her down right ugly to me. Now, that's my 2 cents!!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-26-2012 at 07:53 PM.

I haven't watched since the teaser episode for the skinny dipping. It destroys the reason I originally watched the show. I know it makes for boring TV but I am in it for the romance and I'd rather see people treat each other with respect than all the nasty backstabbing and 15 minutes of fame moments.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 02-27-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I haven't watched since the teaser episode for the skinny dippingIt destroys the reason I originally watched the show. I know it makes for boring TV but I am in it for the romance and I'd rather see people treat each other with respect than all the nasty backstabbing and 15 minutes of fame moments.
    I'm totally with you on that, tbamom. I really wish I had never started watching at all this season. I had no interest in Ben whatsoever after his rude, nasty farewell to Ashley. That red flag about his personality was borne out by his season as the lead. Courtney is your typical mean girl. There are so many times in life when I see vile people reaping rewards they don't deserve if qualities such as kindness, generosity of spirit, respect, caring about others, etc., count for anything anymore. I don't enjoy seeing vile people "win" on TV, either. There's enough of that in real life. I doubt I'll watch tonight. I'm so sick of Ben and Courtney I could quite literally . I DVR Mike & Molly and HIMYM, so I haven't been able to watch The Voice because I can't DVR that at the same time I'm watching the nauseating Ben & Courtney show. Tonight I'll watch The Voice. The entire Bachelor franchise has gone down the toilet for me. I'll look here just to see if by some miracle Ben grew any brain cells and dumped Courtney, but I doubt that will happen.
    Last edited by canuckinchile; 02-27-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    kateb and Midol like this.

Closed Thread