Closed Thread
Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree849Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

I just cant get over how dumb she is, she even uses that deadpan voice when shes happy with Ben and she seems to talk like she has some actual disorder. Yes you can tell shes a model but shes not particularly striking looks wise. I suppose her deadpan style has stopped her getting all those major bookings...

Ben and her make me laugh, its like watching an angry mongoose with eyelashes mating with a dumb monkey.
    navybelle, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

I did find one thing to like about Courtney in the last episode. She was absolutely correct when she noted that the other girls were not making an effort to make a play for Ben when they were fishing, well except for Kacie B but even that seemed more like Ben going after her instead of the other way around which is great if that works for you. But the other girls should have tried a bit harder at least in the parts that we saw.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex View Post
    Ben and her make me laugh, its like watching an angry mongoose with eyelashes mating with a dumb monkey.
    That is the perfect description of them! How can he look back at the show, and not see himself as a fool with her.
    nanaslbkp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I just saw a clip of Ben on The Ellen Show, and boy did she make him uncomfortable with her grilling him about Courtney. Ellen told him that he got played by Courtney when she made him think that she was losing interest in staying on show any longer, and he jumped up and ran to get her the rose. Ellen even made a gesture with her hand (pointing toward her head) indicating that Courtney might be crazy.

The interesting thing was when Ellen mentioned that Courtney being a "model" pretty much sealed the deal, Ben said that he had had conversations with his sister and mother prior to doing the Bachelor. He told his sister and mother that he wasn't interested in the "the models or the LA" thing , so that was one of the hurdles for him. I assume he meant "the hurdle" of weeding out women who seemed to be there for fame and a chance at the LA life. Didn't Courtney pretty much tell him that she was over all of that and just wanted to find someone and settle down? I am still not convinced that Ben didn't get blinded with the whole idea of a "model" being interested in him and just didn't want to see what Emily and the other girls were seeing.

But, I would be interested in hearing what the rest of you thought of Ben's body language, especially toward the end of Ellen's grilling of him. At the end I thought that his body language indicated that he was getting slightly irritated and defensive, which could be either that Courtney is his F1, and he thinks that she is getting a bad edit. Or Ben has seen what we are seeing and can't say anything in his own defense, other than he wasn't able to see that side of her while doing the show.
    oh I believe that Courtney is/was his F1 just by his behavior and yes he got played like a fiddle with Courtney pulling the strings...and I loved Ellen grilling him to death on her...he did look like he was getting ticked off...but after reading his blog for this week I am wondering if he is still with her...I mean the blog sounds like NO but his behavior on Ellen says yes...

once she is done with him she will dump him like yesterday's trash and I am sorry but I don't feel sorry for him in the least...and I agree with those who are seeing what I am seeing..A girl that wants to win at all costs and nothing else matters and thats what I see in Courtney
    Babbred likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    That is the perfect description of them! How can he look back at the show, and not see himself as a fool with her.
    yep you are sooooooo right and ITA
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I did find one thing to like about Courtney in the last episode. She was absolutely correct when she noted that the other girls were not making an effort to make a play for Ben when they were fishing, well except for Kacie B but even that seemed more like Ben going after her instead of the other way around which is great if that works for you. But the other girls should have tried a bit harder at least in the parts that we saw.
    I think the other girls were just trying to be respectful of one another. After all, they do have to live together 24/7 and most of them probably don't want to make that situation any more unpleasant and awkward than it already is. Plus, even though they don't show it, they all get some one on one time sometime during the date. obviously there was alot more that went on between Ben and Kacie B. on that date then we were shown based on their conversation later in his room.

FORT Newbie

I can't think of a Bachelorette that I have liked less than Courtney in a long time (and I have been watching ever since Aaron was the Bachelor). I don't know if it is the producers that are making her look this bad, but I doubt they put all those words in her mouth. If Ben chooses her in the end, then he is a total idiot (which I already suspect he is) and we will be seeing Courtney on the Bachelor Bad this summer when it is announced at the After the Final Rose that they are no longer together. I will continue to watch this trainwreck for entertainment value, but I no longer think that the producers are setting up the viewers for any kind of love story.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I checked out the Ellen clip and I agree, Ben definitely looks uncomfortable towards the end. Face it, his falling for Courtney's manipulation makes him look like an idiot. I even made sure I knew the name of his vineyard so I could AVOID buying his wine. Bad publicity is not good.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I just saw a clip of Ben on The Ellen Show, and boy did she make him uncomfortable with her grilling him about Courtney. Ellen told him that he got played by Courtney when she made him think that she was losing interest in staying on show any longer, and he jumped up and ran to get her the rose. Ellen even made a gesture with her hand (pointing toward her head) indicating that Courtney might be crazy.

The interesting thing was when Ellen mentioned that Courtney being a "model" pretty much sealed the deal, Ben said that he had had conversations with his sister and mother prior to doing the Bachelor. He told his sister and mother that he wasn't interested in the "the models or the LA" thing , so that was one of the hurdles for him. I assume he meant "the hurdle" of weeding out women who seemed to be there for fame and a chance at the LA life. Didn't Courtney pretty much tell him that she was over all of that and just wanted to find someone and settle down? I am still not convinced that Ben didn't get blinded with the whole idea of a "model" being interested in him and just didn't want to see what Emily and the other girls were seeing.

But, I would be interested in hearing what the rest of you thought of Ben's body language, especially toward the end of Ellen's grilling of him. At the end I thought that his body language indicated that he was getting slightly irritated and defensive, which could be either that Courtney is his F1, and he thinks that she is getting a bad edit. Or Ben has seen what we are seeing and can't say anything in his own defense, other than he wasn't able to see that side of her while doing the show.
    Early on when Ellen said something about "who he picked" ... he said "IF I picked someone". He seemed irritated by the line of questions and I am not sure if it was because of the Courtney things, or if it was because he was being asked questions that he couldn't answer. He seemed exasperated a couple of times and actually said I can't comment on any of that. Ellen is a skilled interviewer and someone should have prepared/coached him for just this thing. For Ellen it was all in fun and he's just not quick enough to handle it and have some fun comebacks. ( I think Courtney would )

If he did choose Courtney ... she will own him and I doubt it would last. Winning !

I also got a kick out of the skinny dipping winning model saying "who knew strippers could play baseball".
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Okay, I know that I have formed an opinion of Courtney based on what I am seeing of her on this show. But, it is always good to hear from someone who was on the show with her and was able to observe her interacting with the other woman - as well as with Ben. I just read an interview that Monica gave where she answered questions about Courtney in one of the most indepth and honest interviews with a departed bachelorette I have ever read - ever!!! Monica gives great insight into what was really going on.

If you go to wetpaint's website, you can read a condensed version of Monica's entire interview, which deals mostly with Courtney and how she treated the other woman. On that same website there is also an extended version of the skinny dipping that will be shown on Monday. Do you think that Ben was really surprised to see Courtney, or was that whole thing staged? After all, there was a film crew trailing behind him as he walked back to his room that night. That would be my first clue that this was all a setup.

Closed Thread