Closed Thread
Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Re: Courtney *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    IF Courtney (Winning!!!) does end up the winner, I can only imagine what Ben's mother and sister will think of her after watching this show. Courtney appears to have two distinctively different personalities that she displays, and she is only showing the mean side to the women. I don't think that Courtney makes friends with females - unless that female provides some useful benefit for her. And I think that her "bff" on the show last night DID just that. She ran to Courtney and relayed what Emily had said about her.
    I had been thinking the exact same thing - his sister doesn't seem to be the type who will appreciate a girl like Courtney or her manipulative ways w/Ben. They seem tight, and I can't see Courtney playing along or making nice w/his family - esp seeing as how they're women! No men to flirt with! Her coy/babyish way of talking is really unattractive too.
    alizarules, Midol, Babbred and 1 others like this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Oh, I agree - I HATE the "baby talk" thing. However, some men seem to enjoy it.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fanatic

I hate the Courtney uses the excuse of "I'm more comfortable around men", or something like that. I really do understand that,
    I was that way in college, and later in life (much less drama), but I didn't go around demeaning other women either. I hate this
    winning thing she has going on. She has no interest in Ben, just in winning over the other girls.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Did anyone see on Kelly this morning, she asked Chris H what's with Courtney's lip? LOL! Chris said it should be a red flag when a woman announces she has no girlfriends, only boyfriends. Hmmm, I wonder if he was hinting that Ben figures that out. If he does, I wonder if it's before or after he picks her.
    I LOLed, too, when Chris -- or was it Kelly? -- said something about the red flag of excessively quoting Charlie Sheen.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Newbie

For my own opinion - I think it is interesting that Ben claims to find group dates illustrative in seeing if the women can get along. Really? And his observation was that Courtney was liked or likeable?
    ilja likes this.

Ben claims to find group dates illustrative in seeing if the women can get along. Really? And his observation was that Courtney was liked or likeable?
    He is simply fibbing to himself. He seems to "act" as if he knows what he's seeking, but I suspect he isn't really sure what he even wants in a girl. And because he isn't clear on that with himself, he doesn't seem to even understand why it is he likes or doesn't like someone. And I REALLY don't think that "liking me back" is on his shopping list...

Courtney is very frustrating to watch, but at the same time, she really has him pegged. I can't believe she told him she was losing interest, and IT WORKED. She knows her stuff. If I had pulled a stunt like that, Ben would've told me the same thing he told Samantha: "you aren't interested in the process. See ya"
    ButterflyFaery, ilja and AlwaysVeg like this.

I didn't start watching originally, but have been catching up On Demand. I really don't like her at all. She reminds me sooo much of Ally Sheedy (from the way she cocks her head to the small upper lip). I even think there's a close resemblence.

Courtney for Basic Instinct 4 lead!
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

I just saw a clip of Ben on The Ellen Show, and boy did she make him uncomfortable with her grilling him about Courtney. Ellen told him that he got played by Courtney when she made him think that she was losing interest in staying on show any longer, and he jumped up and ran to get her the rose. Ellen even made a gesture with her hand (pointing toward her head) indicating that Courtney might be crazy.

The interesting thing was when Ellen mentioned that Courtney being a "model" pretty much sealed the deal, Ben said that he had had conversations with his sister and mother prior to doing the Bachelor. He told his sister and mother that he wasn't interested in the "the models or the LA" thing , so that was one of the hurdles for him. I assume he meant "the hurdle" of weeding out women who seemed to be there for fame and a chance at the LA life. Didn't Courtney pretty much tell him that she was over all of that and just wanted to find someone and settle down? I am still not convinced that Ben didn't get blinded with the whole idea of a "model" being interested in him and just didn't want to see what Emily and the other girls were seeing.

But, I would be interested in hearing what the rest of you thought of Ben's body language, especially toward the end of Ellen's grilling of him. At the end I thought that his body language indicated that he was getting slightly irritated and defensive, which could be either that Courtney is his F1, and he thinks that she is getting a bad edit. Or Ben has seen what we are seeing and can't say anything in his own defense, other than he wasn't able to see that side of her while doing the show.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 01-25-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I just saw a clip of Ben on The Ellen Show, and boy did she make him uncomfortable with her grilling him about Courtney. Ellen told him that he got played by Courtney when she made him think that she was losing interest in staying on show any longer, and he jumped up and ran to get her the rose. Ellen even made a gesture with her hand (pointing toward her head) indicating that Courtney might be crazy.

The interesting thing was when Ellen mentioned that Courtney being a "model" pretty much sealed the deal, Ben said that he had had conversations with his sister and mother prior to doing the Bachelor. He told his sister and mother that he wasn't interested in the "the models or the LA" thing , so that was one of the hurdles for him. I assume he meant "the hurdle" of weeding out women who seemed to be there for fame and a chance at the LA life. Didn't Courtney pretty much tell him that she was over all of that and just wanted to find someone and settle down? I am still not convinced that Ben didn't get blinded with the whole idea of a "model" being interested in him and just didn't want to see what Emily and the other girls were seeing.

But, I would be interested in hearing what the rest of you thought of Ben's body language, especially toward the end of Ellen's grilling of him. At the end I thought that his body language indicated that he was getting slightly irritated and defensive, which could be either that Courtney is his F1, and he thinks that she is getting a bad edit. Or Ben has seen what we are seeing and can't say anything in his own defense, other than he wasn't able to see that side of her while doing the show.
    I'd be curious to know what his mother and sister are saying to him as this is airing. I can't see them being thrilled with how he is so into her and her behaviour and treatment of other women....And he can't just dismiss them as he does the other women when they warn him, or even interviewers while he is doing publicity. I'd like to be a fly on that wall!!!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread