Closed Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree292Likes

Thread: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

Regarding Kacie's parents and their negativity...I have a feeling I would kind of come across the same way if my girls were ever on this show and brought home the latest Bachelor for our approval. I know enough about this show to know it is 99% a sham, so if I got even the slightest whiff that the guy is a player, or he wasn't completely sincere, I'd be hauling my daughter to the kitchen to tell her to keep her head and don't be taken in. I'm not a nutjob controlling parent, but I don't think I'd be pleased to see a guy stringing my girl along either, especially since the next step is the 'fantasy suites' and we all know what can happen there. No way. No how. I'd stow along in her suitcase and camp out in the fantasy suite myself!
    kateb, ilja, jucamer and 2 others like this.

The one thing Ben made very clear, was he was in no rush to marry( so the 6 weeks was not in the picture) They would never entertain her moving to his hometown( or anyone's home town) without knowing she would live alone. I didn't think she was whining, I thought she was asking, but I also think she knew their answer before they said no way.

I hope she finds her happy.With, or without their consent
    Ellen, luvlady345 and nanaslbkp like this.

I didn't like her parents much, either (their big taboo about living together before marriage ó what century is this again?), though I DO respect their seeing through the reality show scam.
    But I like Ben even less.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I didn't like her parents much, either (their big taboo about living together before marriage ó what century is this again?), though I DO respect their seeing through the reality show scam.
    But I like Ben even less.
    They all knew the show,scam or no scam. it makes me wonder if her mother shuts it off when they go into the fantasy suites. Perhaps they allowed Kacie on the show, with the promise that she be out of said show before that happened .

24 is kind of old for getting parents' permission.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I adore Kacie and while she seems young in many aspects, I thought she behaved on the show as one of the more mature girls. From what I've read, all the other girls (minus one) adored her.

The only thing that bugged me was the scene from the limo seemed a bit contrived. Anyone ever see the movie The Sweetest Thing? In the outtakes at the end of the movie, Cameron Diaz is standing in the foyer of her apartment building, pitching a hissy fit and fake crying, yelling "Why? Why?" and pulling out her fake extentions...it's funny and over the top and that's what Kacie leaving in the limo reminded me of. I feel bad for her, but I immediately thought of that movie and couldn't help but laugh. I think the producers were trying to get a rise out of the typically 'stable' girl and she gave them what they wanted.
    Ellen and Fanny Mare like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I adore Kacie and while she seems young in many aspects, I thought she behaved on the show as one of the more mature girls. From what I've read, all the other girls (minus one) adored her.

The only thing that bugged me was the scene from the limo seemed a bit contrived. Anyone ever see the movie The Sweetest Thing? In the outtakes at the end of the movie, Cameron Diaz is standing in the foyer of her apartment building, pitching a hissy fit and fake crying, yelling "Why? Why?" and pulling out her fake extentions...it's funny and over the top and that's what Kacie leaving in the limo reminded me of. I feel bad for her, but I immediately thought of that movie and couldn't help but laugh. I think the producers were trying to get a rise out of the typically 'stable' girl and she gave them what they wanted.
    Funny, I thought she more more contained than many. Loved the outtake scene with Cameron. I liked hearing the crew laugh and applaud when she was done.

FORT Fogey

Kacie obviously was brought up in a very strict environment. This was simply a rebellious move for her. She obviously has the tools to make it on her own, but her parents probably will never cut the strings so she has to. I do not even think she was truly in love with Ben just the thought of another man other than her father running her life more. She will be fine, she is heading the right way, and will hopefully find a man better suited to her.
    sweetpea and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    24 is kind of old for getting parents' permission.
    But to me she seems much younger. Starting with twirling the baton etc, it just didn't seem to be the right thing.I didnt hate her, and I didnt love her. I still recall the vibes I felt from her parents . As always no biggie

One thing that really bothers me about this show is that Kacie's parents did not sign up to do this show...Kacie did. They could have done like Melissa's parents and refused to be a part of the show, but they were gracious and opened up their home and are now being judged for it. Lets not forget that Kacie's mother said that she had watched the show, so she was well aware of the show's premise and had probably seen many a bachelorette leave with a broken heart.

It just seems sad to me that these people, who were not seeking any of this media exposure, are having their lives picked apart now. If it were me, I think that I would choose the path Melissa's parent chose and not be a part of the show. But, sadly it is a no-win situation. Melissa's parents took a beating for refusing to participate.

As for Kacie, I hope that she can see, as I did, that all her parents really want is what is best for her. Their concerns for her seemed to be "out of love"....not them disrespecting her. Kacie still has some growing up to do, and she will probably make a lot of mistakes along the way, but her parents will always be there for her, with open arms. Ben was not the right guy for her, and I hope that she can see that now.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 02-22-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Closed Thread