Closed Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 206
Like Tree292Likes

Thread: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

  1. #71
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,986

    Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by hellosunshine View Post
    I saw that interview as well. When you click the link to watch the interview, it now says the video has been removed. I do not know why they felt the need to remove it but they did.
    Maybe her parents didn't like it.

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Maybe her parents didn't like it.
    It had nothing to do with her parents! Her parents were not in the interview, nor were they even mentioned in it. It was just a nice interview done with Kacie alone...nothing more...just a nice interview. Even if her parents were to see it, there was nothing said that would have made them not like it.

  3. #73
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,986

    Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

    Okay, just saying. !

    I didnt see it( nor am I sorry I didn't see it) but her parents dont seem to like much

  4. #74
    FORT Fanatic CharmOffensive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    452

    Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

    Kacie is too good for Ben and this trashy show.
    Uncle David, mesachick and jucamer like this.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

  5. #75
    BTW
    BTW is offline
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    510

    Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Okay, just saying. !

    I didnt see it( nor am I sorry I didn't see it) but her parents dont seem to like much
    Just because they weren't encouraging about Ben for their daughter, doesn't mean they don't like much. Strangers watching the show, felt the same vibes.
    mesachick and Longhornfan like this.

  6. #76
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,030

    Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

    She deserves BETTER (yes, I said it; Ben's a jerk). Once she gets over the embarrassment of having become infatuated on TV during the Reality-Show Era, she'll be fine.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  7. #77
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,986

    Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    Just because they weren't encouraging about Ben for their daughter, doesn't mean they don't like much. Strangers watching the show, felt the same vibes.
    I think I am allowed to not like her parents, I got a bad vibe from them, that had nothing to do with Ben at all.There is a reason this girl had ( or has) an eating disorder, I think she is trying to live how her parents want her to, and has for some time .

    I just didnt like them, okay?? As someone else said nobody will be good enough for them , I think that's been her problem for awhile.

  8. #78
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Age
    42
    Posts
    52

    Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

    Kacie's parents just seemed very southern to me. They were raised with conservative christian values and expect the people that come to their home to respect those values. My boyfriend and I are both scientists, but when we are at his parent's house we respect their values and don't try to force ours on them. I thought Ben was very respectful to Kacie's parents, but I also understand why he wasn't comfortable. The values you saw from her parents are very common in the south particularly in smaller towns. She seemed frustrated with it, but honestly, to me it made them seem more real. In real life if she brought home a guy she had known for six weeks and wanted to marry him, I don't think they would be excited. They just refused to play into the false fantasy world of this show.

  9. #79
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,986

    Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by kateb View Post
    Kacie's parents just seemed very southern to me. They were raised with conservative christian values and expect the people that come to their home to respect those values. My boyfriend and I are both scientists, but when we are at his parent's house we respect their values and don't try to force ours on them. I thought Ben was very respectful to Kacie's parents, but I also understand why he wasn't comfortable. The values you saw from her parents are very common in the south particularly in smaller towns. She seemed frustrated with it, but honestly, to me it made them seem more real. In real life if she brought home a guy she had known for six weeks and wanted to marry him, I don't think they would be excited. They just refused to play into the false fantasy world of this show.

    I understand and agree with all you have posted. Did you see her little face? she looked hurt by them( to me) and what of the BF before Ben, I wonder if they upset him, or that relationship in some way. I don't know, I just got a vibe from them that's all. She seemed to me, she has the disease to please, and when you try and please everyone, there is nothing left for you

  10. #80
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Age
    42
    Posts
    52

    Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I understand and agree with all you have posted. Did you see her little face? she looked hurt by them( to me) and what of the BF before Ben, I wonder if they upset him, or that relationship in some way. I don't know, I just got a vibe from them that's all. She seemed to me, she has the disease to please, and when you try and please everyone, there is nothing left for you
    I think she does try to please and I know from experience that families can make that worse. But from experience I also know that you have to get yourself over that. I think her parents do love her and it might have been a very pressure packed way to grow up, but I also know a lot of good southern girls who live their lives the way they want and then go home and are very respectful to their parents while they are there. It is a different way of life, you don't bring someone home until you are serious about them. I had moved in with my boyfriend before he decided to tell his parents we were dating, he wanted to know it was real before dealing with it. Down here bringing someone home to meet your parents in that way means something and they reacted like normal parents.

    My father has passed away, but if I asked him if I could marry a guy I had known for six weeks he would have laughed in my face. And my dad was a great guy who accepted all of our spouses, but he would not have been okay with marrying a person you barely know.

    I just think her parents didn't want to play the game. And it is not uncommon for parents down here to not want their children to live with the boyfriend or girlfriend before marriage, it is part of their up bringing and they don't believe it should change. I actually got the impression from listening to Kacie's mom talk to Ben that she watched the show and was not terribly excited that Kacie wanted to be on the show.

    If anything Kacie whining that her parents should take risks just seemed immature to me. You know who your parents are, don't be shocked when you bring something like this into their home and they refuse to play along. I like Kacie, but I think she sounded like a spoiled little girl having a bit of a fit because her parents wouldn't let her have the thing she wanted. And I think had she and Ben been in love they would have found a way to make it work, but they weren't and the parents gave him an easy out to eliminate her.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.