Closed Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree292Likes

Thread: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Ben hasn't been interested in anyone except for Courtney since day one.
    Absolutely. It is folly to even entertain the idea that these final 3 women are contenders. He has to bring someone.
    mesachick and Longhornfan like this.

Ben hasn't been interested in anyone except for Courtney since day one.
    Hence my post that said it only takes a few minutes to make a connection( the connection) same thing happened with Brad and Emily

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Hence my post that said it only takes a few minutes to make a connection( the connection) same thing happened with Brad and Emily
    Except Brad fell in love with Emily. Ben just lusts after Courtney. A connection is a connection though, even if it's only a sexual one like Ben towards Courtney. I don't think Courtney ever found Ben attractive on any level. She's just in it to win it! Bing!
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Except Brad fell in love with Emily. Ben just lusts after Courtney. A connection is a connection though, even if it's only a sexual one like Ben towards Courtney. . .
    I dunno -- I got the impression that the Brad-Emily connection was really no different than the Ben-Courtney connection –– with the exception of Emily's play-hard-to-get technique.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I dunno -- I got the impression that the Brad-Emily connection was really no different than the Ben-Courtney connection with the exception of Emily's play-hard-to-get technique.
    I see Brad and Ben as completely different types of people. Brad was a man, who listened to the women intently, and was a total gentleman, both towards Emily and the rest of the women. Ben on the other hand, well he's pretty much the polar opposite. I don't think there's any question that Brad fell in love with Emily, just like I see, without any question, that Ben fell in lust with Courtney. There is definitely a difference between them, and how they handled their time on The Bachelor.

I also would bet that Ben and Courtney, if she actually becomes the F1, will be over before you can say "Bing!". Brad and Emily's relationship actually lasted for quite awhile, and you could see the love they had for each other. JMHO
    Last edited by mesachick; 02-25-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I see Brad and Ben as completely different types of people. Brad was a man, who listened to the women intently, and was a total gentleman, both towards Emily and the rest of the women. Ben on the other hand, well he's pretty much the polar opposite. I don't think there's any question that Brad fell in love with Emily, just like I see, without any question, that Ben fell in lust with Courtney. There is definitely a difference between them, and how they handled their time on The Bachelor.

I also would bet that Ben and Courtney, if she actually becomes the F1, will be over before you can say "Bing!". Brad and Emily's relationship actually lasted for quite awhile, and you could see the love they had for each other. JMHO
    Brad lied to their faces.

Love and Brad??? he was in lust, with a good looking Blonde. Even then I don't think he knew for sure, all that consulting with his therapist

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Brad lied to their faces.

Love and Brad??? he was in lust, with a good looking Blonde. Even then I don't think he knew for sure, all that consulting with his therapist
    And Ben isn't lying to the girls? That's all he's done, well that and pretty much ignore them, except for the one that puts out. We all see things differently. I saw a man fall in love with a woman on Brad's season. I see a dope lusting after a mean spirited "model" this season. We'll just have to agree to disagree about Brad.

Thank goodness Kacie got out of crazy Courtney show! I can only imagine how happy and relieved she is to escape after watching the things we've seen on the show.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.

And Ben isn't lying to the girls? That's all he's done, well that and pretty much ignore them, except for the one that puts out. We all see things differently. I saw a man fall in love with a woman on Brad's season. I see a dope lusting after a mean spirited "model" this season. We'll just have to agree to disagree about Brad.

Thank goodness Kacie got out of crazy Courtney show! I can only imagine how happy and relieved she is to escape after watching the things we've seen on the show.
    Brad was led around with little Brad. We all know that. Emily played extra hard to get. Thats all, and the only difference between her and Courtney. Plus Emily was auditioning for her next show. and look she got it! Or maybe she was hoping the creepy twin brother would take Brad the neurotic place.Sorry but this is show does the same over and over, and yes they all have to lie, if they told the truth eveyone would rush for the door.

Brad fell for Emily the second she was out of the car, same as Ben did with Courtney. So really , no difference

Marriage is real. The Bachelor is anything but real. My thoughts on parent's involvement...they have three choices. 1. bow out (Melissa's folks did, as did Ian's and if I recall he was blasted as even more untrustworthy because of that). 2. Be gracious, entertain the Bachelor, play along (most of the folks do this) and 3. Support your daughter by having the show come to your house, BUT be honest in expressing your concerns and be true to the feelings you might have about the whole thing (ie. the Bachelor might take your daughter on a fantasy date next, probably sleep with her or at least be intimate, and then dump her butt the next day).

I can see myself being in the 3rd category but I would be sure to remain polite. I'm not saying her folks have the right to tell her how to live her life, but when you love your daughter and, let's be honest here, some guy she barely knows comes along and acts like he might want to marry her but 99% of the time it's complete crap, then yeah, I don't blame them for speaking out. It may not be what the audience wants to hear, but it's more like the way things would play out in real life. The people who act all "Of course I give my blessing...welcome to the family complete stranger and production crew/cameras!!" are the ones being phony in my eyes.

My long winded way of saying I don't have a real problem with the way Kacie's date played out or the way her folks acted. I'm sure they love her dearly and don't want to see her make a huge mistake. They might be over protective or have rules that you and I don't necessarily agree with, but I can respect them.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

This is the KACIE B thread. Please bring discussion back to her. Thanks.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Closed Thread