Closed Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree292Likes

Thread: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Well you're not the only one who didn't like them. I found them to be very off-putting, with the mother all up in Ben's face telling him they couldn't move in together before marriage. Huh? In what universe does an alleged grown woman need her parents telling her and her man what they can and cannot do. It would have been one thing to suggest they didn't agree with cohabitation before marriage but to out and out tell Ben she didn't want them living together? Hmm...controlling much? Like I said in the other thread, hate on Ben all you want, but I think he dodged a bullet when he sent Kacie on her merry way.
    She dodged a bullet not ending up with Ben! Her parents may have sensed something they didn't trust in him.
    ilja likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    She dodged a bullet not ending up with Ben! Her parents may have sensed something they didn't trust in him.
    And their alleged mistrust of him - which was certainly understandable if true--was overshadowed by Kacie's mom's controlling behaviour.

Kacie came across like whiny little girl to me. And her over-the-top, 'trying her darndest to conjure up tears' in the limo act fell flat. I'm sure she was upset he'd sent her home, but not to the degree she was trying to portray that she was. Her crocodile tears weren't fooling me no how.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Her tears seemed genuine to me. This appears to be a young lady who thinks she has to make everyone happy. When Ben "rejected" her, in her mind it was because she did not make him happy. She even said in the limo words to the effect of, "What did I do wrong?" I think this kind of thing really pushes her emotional buttons, and she had a genuine mini-meltdown. Besides, I have read that the producers keep driving the "rejects" around, poking and prodding at them emotionally until they break down.

And their alleged mistrust of him - which was certainly understandable if true--was overshadowed by Kacie's mom's controlling behaviour..
    Total control freak! she should move out, as I said before in my post.I cant imagine her staying out of any of Kacie's business. Ugh!
    bee stung lips likes this.

Same here. My earlier post above, didn't show up for almost fifteen minutes, even though it was showing that I had posted in this thread. Very strange...
    Whew it's not just me then. It's still happening for me on Firefox, but when I use Internet Explorer to open the page I am not having any issues. Ugh.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

And their alleged mistrust of him - which was certainly understandable if true--was overshadowed by Kacie's mom's controlling behaviour.

Kacie came across like whiny little girl to me. And her over-the-top, 'trying her darndest to conjure up tears' in the limo act fell flat. I'm sure she was upset he'd sent her home, but not to the degree she was trying to portray that she was. Her crocodile tears weren't fooling me no how.
    I really like Kacie and I have to say that I was kind of put off by her attempt at tears too. I do believe she was honestly upset, but I also think that she might have been realizing what a mismatch she and Ben actually were as well.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't think that twirling makes her seem younger. It was a skill/hobby she had growing up...why does she have to completely give it up just because she's an adult? I sang in Girl's Glee in high school and I still enjoy busting out in song every now and again...lol There are certainly worse things she could focus on.
    As an old (and I mean old) former baton twirler, I'm prompted to march in and speak up. Instruction and competition begins at an early age. Girls dream of filling slots in Junior High and High School and some even further in college, where scholarships are offered by some schools. Kaci was a majorette at the University of Tennessee, so most likely she's been twirling many years. Although I tried to talk them out of it, I had mothers who hired me to teach their four-year-olds! I love marching band music and twirling so that was a certainly a nostalgic scene for me but my reaction was that most viewers would not appreciate it. It's as one poster mentioned, the equivalent of Graham taking DeAnna to his old basketball gym.
    mesachick, ilja and Baby's Breath like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I really like Kacie and I have to say that I was kind of put off by her attempt at tears too. I do believe she was honestly upset, but I also think that she might have been realizing what a mismatch she and Ben actually were as well.
    Something he knew sooner than her.

FORT Fogey

Parents who are familiar with this show certainly know that marriage does not result quickly even when the "engagement" happens. No reason to take it seriously. Just entertain the bachelor, be cordial and go with it. Production has a hand in pushing the parents to talk about what we see, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Something he knew sooner than her.
    Ben hasn't been interested in anyone except for Courtney since day one.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread