Closed Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree292Likes

Thread: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

Re: Kacie B. *No Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Kacie obviously was brought up in a very strict environment. This was simply a rebellious move for her. She obviously has the tools to make it on her own, but her parents probably will never cut the strings so she has to. I do not even think she was truly in love with Ben just the thought of another man other than her father running her life more. She will be fine, she is heading the right way, and will hopefully find a man better suited to her.
    I agree with you. It will have to be her that cuts the string.
    nanaslbkp likes this.

I guess I'm a little surprised at some of the comments in this thread. Kacies parents seemed quite nice and normal. I think the main thing was, as has been pointed in most of the blogs and summaries of the episode, is that it became clear Ben and Kacie were from very different worlds. I don't feel there was a right or wrong or better or worse, just different. Ben's life is practically a polar opposite from the life of Kacie's parent's, and Kacie is somewhere in the middle.

I live much more in Ben's world than the one of Kacie's parents, but I don't see the other as anything negative.

Kacie is, of course, a product of the world she grew up in, even as she strikes out and makes her own way. I think one thing we saw was her struggling with how the pieces are going to fit together for her. And that is OK, that process is part of being her age.
    dzigner, kateb, annettejt and 4 others like this.

Great post!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Absolutely! I've always thought some of these parents were nuts to give their son or daughter their blessing to marry someone they've only known for, what, two months? And only in the context of being filmed for a TV show? And out of that two months, how much time have they really spent getting to know the person? Maybe the parents are coached to say these things, and some of them just refuse to go along with it. I thought Kacie's parents were fine people and justified in having the reaction they did. Don't you think they know their daughter better than we do? Perhaps they've seen her fall too hard too fast for other guys, so they are especially concerned about this happening again, and in such a weird and public context. The only thing I thought might have been too protective was them insisting on her not living with a guy before they're married. If that's Kacie's choice, fine. But it's just rare these days for people not to live together first.
    Longhornfan likes this.

AlwaysVeg, you made some excellent points. I so agree with your statement that her parents know their daughter better than any of us. I had been thinking the same thing, wondering if maybe Kacie has a history of falling too hard too fast and has had her heart broken numerous times. I personally know how you WANT to protect your children from heartache, but there comes a time that you just have to let them go and make their own mistakes (if necessary) and learn those life lessons themselves. I think that her parents are just very protective of her, because it is painful to watch your child get hurt. So, I could see things from Kacie's parents perspective as well.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But to me she seems much younger. Starting with twirling the baton etc, it just didn't seem to be the right thing.I didnt hate her, and I didnt love her. I still recall the vibes I felt from her parents . As always no biggie
    I don't think that twirling makes her seem younger. It was a skill/hobby she had growing up...why does she have to completely give it up just because she's an adult? I sang in Girl's Glee in high school and I still enjoy busting out in song every now and again...lol There are certainly worse things she could focus on.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't think that twirling makes her seem younger. It was a skill/hobby she had growing up...why does she have to completely give it up just because she's an adult? I sang in Girl's Glee in high school and I still enjoy busting out in song every now and again...lol There are certainly worse things she could focus on.
    It just seemed very high school, but no where did I say she should give it up though.: The band on the home date( ugh) . I thought production went overboard
    bee stung lips likes this.

It just seemed very high school, but no where did I say she should give it up though.: The band on the home date( ugh) . I thought production went overboard
    Unlike a fake wedding I suppose? I seriously doubt that the band idea, etc, was even Kacie's idea.
    Longhornfan, jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I seriously doubt that the band idea, etc, was even Kacie's idea.
    Which is why I said production went overboard. As they did with the fake wedding
    mesachick likes this.

I'll agree with that! They probably did it because the stadium was named after her grandfather. She also commented that she practiced so that leads me to believe that she doesn't really twirl much anymore. The producers probably had her trot that talent out on that first date, too...lol
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Closed Thread