Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 87
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Emily *No Spoilers*

  1. #21
    FORT Newbie bopitaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    18

    Re: Emily *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I loved how Ben reacted to her. Let it go Emily! that was the nicest thing he could say or it would be her demise. Well said Ben, and please can she leave now??
    i don't want her to leave...

    we were cringing when she stuck her foot in her mouth by talking about 'you know who' again... her heart is in the right place... she's just not playing the 'game' part very well. if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. like others, i don't think ben has her on the same level as the other girls...
    jucamer likes this.

  2. #22
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,591

    Re: Emily *No Spoilers*

    I can see why she hasn't got a boyfriend or why she is looking on this show.

  3. #23
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,525

    Re: Emily *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by bopitaddict View Post
    i don't want her to leave...

    we were cringing when she stuck her foot in her mouth by talking about 'you know who' again... her heart is in the right place... she's just not playing the 'game' part very well. if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. like others, i don't think ben has her on the same level as the other girls...
    He doesn't, and by now, she knows it. That's why it doesn't matter to her that she is giving him info.
    Baby's Breath and Fanny Mare like this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  4. #24
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,822

    Re: Emily *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I can see why she hasn't got a boyfriend or why she is looking on this show.
    That's unfair. All contestants on the show are looking for either a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, fame, whatever (except for Casey S, maybe, and the other few who have tried to fool the producers into believing they were single).
    jucamer likes this.

  5. #25
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,591

    Re: Emily *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    That's unfair. All contestants on the show are looking for either a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, fame, whatever (except for Casey S, maybe, and the other few who have tried to fool the producers into believing they were single).
    But thats how I feel Why cant I not like someone, I simply dont care for her.Although, she was the chosen one to tip of this bachelor about *this person is different with you* we have this every single episode do we not? I am sorry you dont find me fair, but its simply how I feel.

  6. #26
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,822

    Re: Emily *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But thats how I feel Why cant I not like someone, I simply dont care for her.Although, she was the chosen one to tip of this bachelor about *this person is different with you* we have this every single episode do we not? I am sorry you dont find me fair, but its simply how I feel.
    I think you misunderstood my post. I said it's unfair to put her down because she is resorting to looking on this show for a boyfriend, when that's what they're ALL doing.

  7. #27
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,591

    Re: Emily *No Spoilers*

    Hmm . well I was putting her down because she's boring, and I thought thats why she hasn't hooked up with anyone lately.I didnt misunderstand, just like the other thread. ..we are seeing something differently

  8. #28
    Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    From Here to Eternity
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: Emily *No Spoilers*

    I often wonder why women who seem to have experienced academic and/or career success want to appear on this show. Something must be off about her. She seems almost too good to be true. Assuming there is a real element to Bachelor, and girls like Emily are at least open to the concept of finding love with the heir to some wine shop, I can imagine there comes a time when you're so frustrated that you're willing to sacrifice yourself to make the point that there are Courtneys in the pool.

    Given Ben's profession, I wish she had chosen The Grapes of Wrath rather than East of Eden. But I liked East of Eden better, too. Wonderful novel.

    Didn't know about the KC S spoiler, though I guessed something was off for her to have less screen time than Ben's common sense. Serves me right for assuming no spoilers means no spoilers. Wouldn't dare venture into the spoiler forum, though.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

  9. #29
    BTW
    BTW is offline
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    508

    Re: Emily *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Hmm . well I was putting her down because she's boring, and I thought thats why she hasn't hooked up with anyone lately.I didnt misunderstand, just like the other thread. ..we are seeing something differently
    I don't think Emily is alone in not hooking up with anyone lately, otherwise the majority of girls wouldn't have tried to be on the show. Other reason....publicity. That, no doubt, being Courtney's reason for being there. She sure doesn't appear to be that smitten with Ben. More females can relate to Emily than Courtney, that's a given! Who wouldn't rather be labeled boring, than a total doofus.

  10. #30
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Emily *No Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    I often wonder why women who seem to have experienced academic and/or career success want to appear on this show. Something must be off about her. She seems almost too good to be true. Assuming there is a real element to Bachelor, and girls like Emily are at least open to the concept of finding love with the heir to some wine shop, I can imagine there comes a time when you're so frustrated that you're willing to sacrifice yourself to make the point that there are Courtneys in the pool.

    Given Ben's profession, I wish she had chosen The Grapes of Wrath rather than East of Eden. But I liked East of Eden better, too. Wonderful novel.

    Didn't know about the KC S spoiler, though I guessed something was off for her to have less screen time than Ben's common sense. Serves me right for assuming no spoilers means no spoilers. Wouldn't dare venture into the spoiler forum, though.

    W.O.W. I thought it was said that the women all knew in advance that the Bachelor was Ben.

    Personally, I didn't like the way he responded to Ashley's rejection. I thought it was surly sour grapes, pouty, entitled and disrespectful. I think this has been carried through with his general attitude this season. I also formed the opinion that he wasn't too sharp if he didn't sense that she just wasn't that into him.

    I'm not sure what you mean by something being "off" with Emily. Maybe she's been too busy to have formed an opinion and just looked at this as an alternative to an internet dating site ? I just think Schoolyard type picks like this have been difficult since ... well ... we have been in a schoolyard !
    jucamer likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.