Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Emily *No Spoilers*

Re: Emily *No Spoilers*

Really great girl! obviously smart, very naturally pretty, witty. But alas Ben won't pick her - don't see him as the type to date someone so much smarter than him.

FORT Fogey

Can we fix her up with Ames?
    Ellen, Cornholio and Mikesgirl83 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan View Post
    Really great girl! obviously smart, very naturally pretty, witty. But alas Ben won't pick her - don't see him as the type to date someone so much smarter than him.
    I think there is a part of him that would like to pick her precisely because of that since his dad picked someone smarter than himself (according to Ben) and we all know how much Ben admires his dad (good for him). However, I don't believe he is as attracted to her as it would take for him to end up with her.

While we all make fun of Ben for his bamboozlement with Courtney, you really can't help who you are attracted to. Of course, you can normally take your time to get to know someone and find out if they are playing you for a fool before committing to them.

We all make fun of the bachs/ettes for falling for someone so quickly but when they do end up breaking up with them after the show and after really getting to know them, we are quick to make fun of them then too. While I can't promise I won't be making fun of them in my very next post, during one of my more sane moments when I'm not obsessing over the show, I can see how things turn out the way they do. cute happy shrug.gif

The whole bridge-climbing segment was BORING. Haven't we done similar "heights" tests before, more than once? Re-using it isn't very interesting.
    ilja likes this.

Not to mention, you are so busy trying not to die that you can't actually enjoy the date. How do you converse with and get to know someone when you are struggling not to chuck on his shoes?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Did she carry handi-wipes with her, I don't remember?

Man, in this episode (4) in Park City, she couldn't win for losing. She lost her scientific, practical brain and slid into the bad side of emotions. She was cautioned to NOT talk to Ben about Courtney, yet she became a dog with a chew bone - she just couldn't let it go...even after the chilly reception from Ben. Weren't there at least 3 PIs where she told the camera she was going home? Well, the message was sent with the last rose.

Hug that pillow tighter, Emily and please bite your lip, if not your tongue.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

I think Emily is out of her league with the likes (tactics) of Courtney. Courtney will use Emily's insecurties and chew her up.
    Look's like she talks to Ben about Courtney again next week (at least in the previews), I'm pretty sure Courtney will do anything
    to play her so she just kills any chance with Ben (for Emily).

I liked Ben to start with, but not so much anymore.

I guess we are seeing a clear example of smart versus street smart, huh ?

From what I heard, Emily wasn't at all clear and didn't didn't say much except that Courtney was "different" with the women than she was with Ben. Why would he even care ? Actually, most men are different around other guys than they are around women. If anything, he might have heard that as an underscoring of Courtney's supposed "insecurities".
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I think her IQ is far too high to be with Ben, hes nice and all but she always seem to bewitch him and make him a little startled, I imagine she will go at some point purely because they cant connect on a higher level.

I think the Courtney/Emily rivalry is blown up to be bigger than it is, its just Emily is the only one in the house to have the balls to talk about Courtney. Courtney reacts to it and boom theres your drama.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

I loved how Ben reacted to her. Let it go Emily! that was the nicest thing he could say or it would be her demise. Well said Ben, and please can she leave now??

Closed Thread