Closed Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Ben's Blog

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Ben's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Wow, I don't think I've seen a lamer blog written! What really struck me was the bolded line - anyone think he's got a clock counting down the seconds until his "ride" is over? There's no 'can't wait for the big reveal', no 'so happy I can go out in public' or anything. He just can't wait for it to be over. Hmmm....
    Not to be totally lame by quoting myself but it appears the cat is out of the bag. My alarm clock went off this morning and the DJs were giving "Bachelor scoop" (what a way to wake up, I tell ya' ) - apparently Ben is now saying being the Bachelor was the worst experience of his life. Guess he does have countdown clock set up.

At this point, can we just fast-forward through the finale to get to the After the Final Rose?!? Now that I'm looking forward to ((insert evil laugh))
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Is Ben saying WHY it was the worst experience of his life? Is he giving that sainted excuse that it's because he had to hurt so many girls' feelings (and a nice guy like him would never want to do that), or something else? Obviously, someone who had found the love of his life (or even the next few months) wouldn't say that, anyway. Why Is Fleiss not shutting him up?

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I feel rattled by this whole season. I want things to go back to the way they were when Trista and Ryan fell in love. Girls I thought were cool disappointed me at the WTA; it was just a bloody mess. Having Ben come out was just a big waste of time. There's no love story left to watch here, just a projected heartbreak.
    Yeah, I was really disappointed in Jennifer, the red head.
    jucamer and Baby's Breath like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I feel rattled by this whole season. I want things to go back to the way they were when Trista and Ryan fell in love. Girls I thought were cool disappointed me at the WTA; it was just a bloody mess. Having Ben come out was just a big waste of time. There's no love story left to watch here, just a projected heartbreak.
    I really wish things could go back to the way they were with Trista and Ryan but sadly I fear they never will. Since The Bachelor franchise has amped up the travel quotient of the show and several former contestants have gone on to have quasi "entertainment" type careers, I think many, if not most, of the contestants are just there for the travel, and their 15 minutes of fame, which they can hope to extend even further with appearances on Bachelor Pad, writing blogs, etc. Maybe I was just a naive person but in the beginning I really hoped that there might be some sort of love connection. Unfortunately, I now realize how scripted it all is and can't seem to take it seriously anymore. I do think some couples made a connection, whether it was love or lust, I don't know. Ali and Roberto gave it a go and it lasted a while. Ashley and JP are planning their wedding. Meredith and Ian lived together for awhile. Brian and Mary, Charlie and Sarah. All these couples did make a connection which lasted quite a while but it didn't lead to marriage. Redhead Jennifer was a big disappointment to me. I had thought she was a classy lady but that "no offense" comment she made to Blakely was just tactless and mean. I don't know what a VIP cocktail waitress really does but who is Jennifer to judge? I felt really badly for Blakely. She seems like a kind person. Other than ramping up the sexpot quotient in the first episode, she wasn't nasty to the others during the season. In fact, I even think we saw her styling some of the girls hair. Jennifer really, really disappointed me.

Just curious about your projected heartbreak comment. Who will be heartbroken? The F2 ? Because I don't believe Ben and his F1 are even a smidgen in love.
    jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.

if not most, of the contestants are just there for the travel, and their 15 minutes of fame, which they can hope to extend even further with appearances on Bachelor Pad, writing blogs, etc.
    That what its all about now. This show, (amongst others ) has jumped the shark I dont even care.

Well said ECM
    fireflyer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

But I don't get the appeal of the travel thing. Are they allowed to just wonder off and go sight seeing on a whim? I thought they had to stay at their hotel unless they were out with Ben. And even if they get the date with Ben, they aren't hitting most of the attractions. Not sure it would be worth it when you aren't guaranteed at least a sight seeing tour.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Good Morning, ECM. Yes, I was thinking about the F2 when I said "projected heartbreak."

I always feel really bad for the F2, that's the worst part of this production for me, but it's inescapable: in order for the standing couple to go on to share a happy life together, someone has to be let go. This season, I don't see a happy life scenario, so I can't excuse F2's heartbreak.

It's funny that I didn't mention Jennifer but that both you and ilja did. She was at the top of my "disappointed" list. In fact, if she were the F2 right now, I wouldn't be down in the dumps.
    1dog2kids likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It seems that they cant go back, not now.I know what you mean, but they have pushed the envelope,and they keep pushing.

My prediction is, there wont be a love story with whomever they chose, for which ever show. Bachelor or 'ette
    definitely agree with you here fanny mare... between the contestants who are on there for the wrong reasons, to the producers pushing and manipulating, i'm doubtful that it'll ever be for love... just shock, drama, and ratings...
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Not one word about Emily.
    Nothing ... regarding Lindzi either,

This is the line that get's me:

Regarding Shawntel ... "it was all about the trust I had built with the women I had at that point and couldn't break it."

Really, Ben ? What about the trust of the women who were sleeping while you were naked with Courtney in the ocean.

I think by the skinny dip ... he had already decided he was out and the heck with production. In the one interview (after the WTA) he commented on the edit, the raw deal and all. He appears to be just phoning it in, on the show, in the interviews and with these blogs. He jumped off the "ride" a long time ago.

I don't care for his smirky, I'm smarter and above all this attitude & I wish him what he deserves.
    dzigner, mesachick and Midol like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bopitaddict View Post
    definitely agree with you here fanny mare... between the contestants who are on there for the wrong reasons, to the producers pushing and manipulating, i'm doubtful that it'll ever be for love... just shock, drama, and ratings...
    I know, I think Fleiss is a pretty sick guy .And CH would pimp his grandmother if it brought in ratings.I read online they drive the girls around in their Limo for up to 6 hours , to get them emotionally worked up.( ugh)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread