Closed Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 172
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Ben's Blog

  1. #101
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,038

    Re: Ben's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I did! And yes, I will admit Ben on youtube at the airport is a lot more appealing than Ben on the show. Maybe he just realized after he signed on the dotted line that it was a stupid thing to put himself through. He seems goofy in the youtube video, I wish we could see more of that on the show.

    More fun. Less Courtney, please!!
    I meant WTA behind the scene. It was interesting
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #102
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: Ben's Blog

    No, I haven't seen that one yet. Will have to look for it.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  3. #103
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Ben's Blog

    Go to youtube and google Ben Flajnik women tell all. Great interview. Nothing is a spoiler. These are legit interviews that give us peeks to how nifty this guy is.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  4. #104
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Ben's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I think they had a hard time putting it into words because it wasn't just one instance of true, all out, clear cut nastiness...it was a lot of little digs, snide remarks.

    ... Death by a thousand cuts ... . It wasn't one or two little things that was the problem, which on their own would seem insignificant, but a lot of little things added together were overwhelming.

    Due to the circumstances the ladies are probably not as articulate about it as they could be .. and we get ... Death by a thousand cuts.
    You nailed it there.


    I was just trying to enumerate specific examples in my head ... and I can't even do it well. What are they going to say? That she keeps saying "winning" ? That she danced around and said "I have a rose and you don't." ? That she seems to be confident that there's a "relationship" with Ben and expresses it ? That she's manipulative ... but how so ? Most men would find all that lame and be puzzled that the girls were "warning" him about that.

    Ben knew very well that Courtney used every opportunity to get his attention and stand out and he told her so. That she tried to diminish and one-up the "competition" is understood and acceptable to most competitive people. Just a version of trash talking. It's not like Courtney hit someone in the knee before n Ice Skating competition.

    Ben playing dumb and like he doesn't understand is phony ... and after watching the shows thus far he certainly does understand things. He said that too. That he "understands things" and he's "not a moron". Really ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  5. #105
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,800

    Re: Ben's Blog

    How about "How'd that taste coming out of your mouth?" or "see ya wouldn't wanna be ya!" - both mean spirited and juvenile, but also both something women would see through frankly, whereas a man might not. It is hard to explain succinctly in a way that Ben would "get." Right now what he sees is they are focused on HER and she is focused on HIM. Which girl would most men rather hang with? Sadly, we all know which one.

  6. #106
    Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Just south of Hollywood
    Posts
    1,616

    Re: Ben's Blog

    I find it interesting that Ben's apologizing to his mum for the "bubble bath scene" with Nicki (where they were wearing their bathing suits), but didn't think there was anything to apologize about after skinny dipping with Courtney?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

  7. #107
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Ben's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    How about "How'd that taste coming out of your mouth?" or "see ya wouldn't wanna be ya!" - both mean spirited and juvenile, but also both something women would see through frankly, whereas a man might not. It is hard to explain succinctly in a way that Ben would "get." Right now what he sees is they are focused on HER and she is focused on HIM. Which girl would most men rather hang with? Sadly, we all know which one.
    Oh, I wasn't defending her ... just saying that it would be very difficult to explain it to a man ... especially when he's asking for "specific examples". Also the thrust was they, starting with Emily, were supposedly "warning" him. Frankly, I think Courtney did much of it specifically to get the girls agitated enough to waste their time with Ben complaining about her instead of concentrating on him. It was an effective strategy on her part.

    They all should either have spoken up early on and threatened as a group to leave ... or just shut up. I can't wait to hear what they all have to say at the WTA.
    sweetpea and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  8. #108
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,677

    Re: Ben's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Oh, I wasn't defending her ... just saying that it would be very difficult to explain it to a man ... especially when he's asking for "specific examples". Also the thrust was they, starting with Emily, were supposedly "warning" him. Frankly, I think Courtney did much of it specifically to get the girls agitated enough to waste their time with Ben complaining about her instead of concentrating on him. It was an effective strategy on her part.

    They all should either have spoken up early on and threatened as a group to leave ... or just shut up. I can't wait to hear what they all have to say at the WTA.
    If they had threatened as a group to leave if he did not get rid of Courtney, that would have only backfired to most any man. He would have been 'how dare you try and control me like that!'

    Plus it would have set a dangerous precedent for future bach shows where all the perceived villains might be eliminated in the same manner making them much less entertaining.

    It sounds to me much too much like mob mentality.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  9. #109
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Ben's Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    If they had threatened as a group to leave if he did not get rid of Courtney, that would have only backfired to most any man. He would have been 'how dare you try and control me like that!'

    Plus it would have set a dangerous precedent for future bach shows where all the perceived villains might be eliminated in the same manner making them much less entertaining.

    It sounds to me much too much like mob mentality.
    Only the Mob if they throw him in the drink with Courtney tied to his ankles. Kidding, of course.

    I think the contract(s) may forbid a mass exit. but they all signed up for the same thing and some semblance of equality and peace. Perhaps if the other girls would have defended/supported Emily at the outset by telling Ben that Courtney was targeting Emily in a very mean way ... the grown-up version of bullying so to speak ... it might have had some impact. By the time some of the others chimed in, it was too late.

    As it was, Emily just sounded (to Ben) like she was the mean one and a bit like a girl jealous of Courtney. As said, perhaps the other women should/could have bonded early on and played Courtney's game but in a nicer way. As it was, they tread carefully to protect their own skin.

    As for Ben, he could have easily asked each woman if they thought anyone in the group was a lot of fun, or disruptive etc. and opened the door for some "specific examples". I think Ben knew what Courtney was doing and was flattered by Courtney (a model) "fighting" for him.

    Tonight should be interesting. I hope they question his intelligence and worthiness of any of their attentions.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  10. #110
    FORT Newbie henrysmom1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    30

    Re: Ben's Blog

    I can not WAIT until tonight!

Closed Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.