Closed Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Ben's Blog

Re: Ben's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't think Ben is in love with Courtney, never was. He is an easy going guy out for the experience and to promote his wine. I support that 100% Youtube has a good VERY interview with him, short but you get to see the genuine person. The one we never got to see on the show, I will add. In their search box type in "Ben Flajnik at women tell all" it will be the first on the list.
    I saw that! funny, how they kept( the women) saying one thing about his personality, and we never got to see it.

for Ben
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't think Ben is in love with Courtney, never was. He is an easy going guy out for the experience and to promote his wine. I support that 100% Youtube has a good VERY interview with him, short but you get to see the genuine person. The one we never got to see on the show, I will add. In their search box type in "Ben Flajnik at women tell all" it will be the first on the list.
    What I saw in that interview was a very relaxed Ben who is no doubt relieved that his televised journey as the Bachelor is about three more shows from being over. He told us that Courtney's looks were not what won him over in the end, but it was her personality that we did not get to see. Ben said that he thinks that he is a very perceptive person and that he did listen to the women when they expressed concerns about Courtney, and he did address those concerns. He said that none of the women would give him an example of her bad behavior when he asked for specifics.

Could his warning to Emily to "tread lightly" possibly have been the reason none of the other women felt comfortable to do that? I hope that this is brought up at the WTA so that I can hear Ben's explanation. However, I have read that we won't get any real answers from Ben, just more company drivel that tells us nothing.

I think that this interview is just a preview of what we will see in the WTA show and the AFTR, which is Ben defending his actions and his choice at the end. At this point, I don't think that most of America will be surprised by who he chooses. This is just the first step in trying to redeem this couple with the viewers.
    angelic_one2002 and Midol like this.

I dont think he cares if he is redeemed or not, he knows it all about the edit, and I am glad he bought that up.Matt did the same in the UK( and more) and was in big trouble. The girl who interviewed Ben, didnt she said Bentley and Michelle are nothing like they were portrayed on this show? and that they were friends of hers, Bentley? really.

When the girls warned him of Courtney he said he asked for specifics and none were given. Why? I think its called a script.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont think he cares if he is redeemed or not, he knows it all about the edit, and I am glad he bought that up.Matt did the same in the UK( and more) and was in big trouble. The girl who interviewed Ben, didnt she said Bentley and Michelle are nothing like they were portrayed on this show? and that they were friends of hers, Bentley? really.

When the girls warned him of Courtney he said he asked for specifics and none were given. Why? I think its called a script.
    really...none were given? i haven't been watching all of it, only bits and pieces. Maybe the edited out the specifics. They kept saying she was just in it to win it and that Ben would get hurt but I dont think that was the problem. Maybe the girls had a hard time putting it into words. Really she just rubbed them the wrong way and obviously she is annoying and retarded and socially messed up and mean...just my opinion...anyway it doesnt matter now cuz we all got to see the reason why noone liked courtney and if Ben has been watching he has seen it too...we don't need words to describe it...the girl is just "uh"....sometimes you can't put it in words. Also Michelle wasn't that bad...and I think it's a lie to say Michelle was nothing like the way she was portrayed...i'm sure some of that was part of her....but Michelle has a nice sensitive side and no way was she as evil as courtney. And as for Bentley well it almost seemed like he was acting like a Jerk on purpose...I mean he prob is one...but I'm sure he's nice to his friends and has friend so of course they would say that about him.

bottom line there is no way editing is an excuse this time for Courtney. It was obvious the girl is just a bitch. period. The editing was not like when Wes was on (there was obvious splicing when they edited his crazy comments). And michelle was at least funny.
    BTW, mesachick and Midol like this.

Look on you tube. He was asked the question and he gave an answer. We didnt see the sensitive side to Michelle until TWA did we now? I am still taking a wait and see approach, I dont think Courtney is innocent,I just think they are able to manipulate. Courtney is able to, so why cant this show? I didnt find Michelle funny, and going back t I see many posters that thought she was evil! Bentley was the worst thing that happened to Ashley and this show. How dare he! hmm well he was cast for that part, maybe he really is a nice guy after all.LOL now that wouldn't that be funny

-Andy Rooney-

I think it might be hard for another girl to explain to a guy exactly how Courtney is awful. It's sort of a 'mean girl' thing and definitely her worst barbs and cut downs are reserved for other girls. I'm sure with the guys she's awesome. With girls she's a b**** on wheels. How do you really explain that without sounding juvenile and middle-schoolish? Especially after being warned to 'tread lightly'? Ben wasn't really interested in hearing an answer that would pop his bubble anyway.
    BTW, Longhornfan, ilja and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think it might be hard for another girl to explain to a guy exactly how Courtney is awful. It's sort of a 'mean girl' thing and definitely her worst barbs and cut downs are reserved for other girls. I'm sure with the guys she's awesome. With girls she's a b**** on wheels. How do you really explain that without sounding juvenile and middle-schoolish? Especially after being warned to 'tread lightly'? Ben wasn't really interested in hearing an answer that would pop his bubble anyway.
    I think he knew, where tattling gets you. ( even if its well intended) Remember the guy that tried to warn Ashely, how well did that go?and he was there. He also told Emily that the person that speaks of others, usually doesn't go far, I dont think that was mean, and I am sure the conversation went on for much longer than we saw.

Did you see Ben on you tube sweet pea?
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Toughness View Post
    really...none were given? i haven't been watching all of it, only bits and pieces. Maybe the edited out the specifics. They kept saying she was just in it to win it and that Ben would get hurt but I dont think that was the problem. Maybe the girls had a hard time putting it into words. Really she just rubbed them the wrong way and obviously she is annoying and retarded and socially messed up and mean...just my opinion...anyway it doesnt matter now cuz we all got to see the reason why noone liked courtney and if Ben has been watching he has seen it too...we don't need words to describe it...the girl is just "uh"....sometimes you can't put it in words. Also Michelle wasn't that bad...and I think it's a lie to say Michelle was nothing like the way she was portrayed...i'm sure some of that was part of her....but Michelle has a nice sensitive side and no way was she as evil as courtney. And as for Bentley well it almost seemed like he was acting like a Jerk on purpose...I mean he prob is one...but I'm sure he's nice to his friends and has friend so of course they would say that about him.

bottom line there is no way editing is an excuse this time for Courtney. It was obvious the girl is just a bitch. period. The editing was not like when Wes was on (there was obvious splicing when they edited his crazy comments). And michelle was at least funny.
    I think they had a hard time putting it into words because it wasn't just one instance of true, all out, clear cut nastiness...it was a lot of little digs, snide remarks.

Years ago at work, our manager was trying to figure out why the moral at our location was so bad and why one person in particular seemed to be the root of it. People had spoken to her about this person but our complaints had generally been dismissed as being petty and we were basically told get over it and work together. At this point, everyone felt there was no point of us talking to her about this disruptive person anymore as she was now just getting pissed at us for complaining. It wasn't until she pulled aside a couple of us that she really trusted and asked us what was going on that I explaided it to her in the phrase ... Death by a thousand cuts ... that she finally got it. It wasn't one or two little things that was the problem, which on their own would seem insignificant, but a lot of little things added together were overwhelming.

Ben is overwhelmed by lust and really doesn't want to hear/see negative things about Courtney or deal with the others complaints. The women don't want to tick him off anymore then they already have, and they have seen what happens if someone does. Due to the circumstances the ladies are probably not as articulate about it as they could be .. and we get ... Death by a thousand cuts.
    sweetpea, Longhornfan and ilja like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    ... Death by a thousand cuts.
    Wow, that describes it perfectly! Thank you for the saying, Midol! That describes perfectly why I quit my previous job... it was not any big event that culminated in my wanting to leave, but the sum total of all the little things.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

Did you see Ben on you tube sweet pea?
    I did! And yes, I will admit Ben on youtube at the airport is a lot more appealing than Ben on the show. Maybe he just realized after he signed on the dotted line that it was a stupid thing to put himself through. He seems goofy in the youtube video, I wish we could see more of that on the show.

More fun. Less Courtney, please!!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Closed Thread