+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Chris Harrison Blog

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' season premiere | PopWatch | EW.com

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' season premiere
    by Chris Harrison

Welcome back to a very special edition of The Bachelor. I know you’ve heard that before, but all kidding aside this season is incredibly special for those of us who have put our heart and soul into this franchise. This season officially marks our 10th year on TV. That is an amazing accomplishment in this day and age of network television. There are actually a few of us, including myself, that have been here since the beginning. To borrow a cheesy Bachelor phrase: it’s been an amazing journey. Whether you’ve been watching us since the beginning or just jumped on the bandwagon I want to say thank you! Please know that it’s never lost on any of us that work so hard on this franchise that the only reason we are around is because you have chosen to make us a part of your Monday night ritual. I’m incredibly excited this is our 10th year, because as you saw on Monday night, this season is more than worthy of not only holding up the Bachelor mantle, but also taking it to new heights.

We always start the new season with a look back at how we got here, but for some reason this time going back to Fiji and watching Ben’s proposal to Ashley was strange. I’m not sure if it’s that Ashley and JP seem so perfect together or that Ben has come so far since that day. Kudos to the producers for throwing in some great music this season. The addition of the David Gray tune off the top was solid. You’ll see more of that throughout the season.

I always struggle how to handle the first episode blog so I’ve decided to break it down into sections. I’m going to start with quick comments on arrival highlights and then move on to the party and looking forward. Sitting down and talking to Ben again was great. He arrived a little nervous and apprehensive. Ben is a smart guy who really has his stuff together and I enjoyed my talk with him. When Ben and I talk, you’re really getting his true thoughts and feelings and not just what he wants the public to see and hear. This open, candid demeanor will continue throughout the season and it only adds to the already fantastic show.

“Oh, Ben better eat some cow balls! I’ll be disappointed if he doesn’t.” Well, that moment from Amber T. certainly gets us right into the introduction to the ladies, so now let’s get to my favorite moments from the arrivals. Erika came with the line, “You’re guilty… of being sexy!” Although it was incredibly cheesy, Erika knew her audience: Ben enjoys cheesy, so it worked for her. There is always somebody that comes on this show who just can’t handle the experience and the atmosphere; Jenna is definitely that woman this season. You could tell from the start that she just wasn’t comfortable and wasn’t fitting in. Ben thought Emily the epidemiologist was cute, but what you couldn’t tell on TV was when she tried to spray the mouth spray, it actually went sideways and hit him in the face. Ben, being a good sport, played it off well and went with the bit. Just like the person that doesn’t fit in, there’s also always somebody that gets out of the limo, sees all the lights, and just draws a blank. Congrats, Dianna, you are this season’s “blank girl.” Anna took a huge risk and walked right by Ben not saying a word. I’m assuming Anna thought that was sexy and bold, but Ben didn’t appreciate it at all. Sheryl, the grandma arriving ahead of her granddaughter Brittney, was classic. I loved the move and so did Ben. Obviously it was something that we’ve never seen before.

As good as that was, Lindzi stole the show arriving by horse. It wasn’t just the fact that she rode in, but the way she rode up that did it. She strode up the driveway with so much style and grace Ben was instantly blown away. The only thing that wasn’t cool was the surprise the horse left for our crew on the driveway! If you’re wondering, Lindzi set all that up herself. She had a friend in the area and called in a favor to borrow her horse. Still gotta appreciate Courtney’s line though: “Screw you and the horse you rode in on.”

Let the party begin! Let’s talk about the rest of the highlights from night one. It seems like I brought the first impression rose in quickly but the fact is the party went for several hours before I dropped the bomb. Whenever I bring in that first impression rose, the competition kicks up a notch. Emily killed it with the epidemiology rap — Kanye and Jay-Z, eat your hearts out. I really don’t know what to make of Monica and Blakeley’s relationship. You’ll have to be the judge and jury on that one. As for Monica and Jenna, Jenna just let Monica get the best of her. Monica saw that she could put the screws to her and she did every chance she could. Jenna was already out of her element and Monica smelled blood in the water and attacked. Jenna locked herself in the bathroom and was crying so much we weren’t sure she was even going to make it to the rose ceremony. We had to hold everything up and wait for her. Ben was somewhat aware of the drama and although he was unsure of Jenna, in the end he decided he would chalk up her emotion to first night jitters and give her another chance. I would love to tell you this story has a happy ending and Jenna redeems herself with a strong showing next week but… that’s just not what happens. Wait until you see next week. As for the night one casualties, the one that future contestants should really take note of is Anna — she took the bold risk of the fly-by in the beginning, and Ben took it as a snub. She never stood a chance after that.

As you saw in the big piece at the end of the show, we are off and running this year like never before. The women never even move into the mansion this season. Next week we’re off to Sonoma, where Ben’s vineyard is, and then his hometown of San Francisco. It’s a wild ride, and once again I’m extremely grateful you’re on board. For ten years now I’ve been telling you “this is the final rose tonight.” I would hope by now that your math skills would be better, but I’m very happy they’re not! Let the journey begin… again! Happy New Year, and as you can find me on Twitter @chrisbharrison.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

I was wondering what happened to that girl that just walked by Ben at the beginning. They never showed Ben and her talking after that then she got the boot. Pretty girl, but her bold move obviously didn't work for him.....

Quote Originally Posted by ko_vixen View Post
    I was wondering what happened to that girl that just walked by Ben at the beginning. They never showed Ben and her talking after that then she got the boot. Pretty girl, but her bold move obviously didn't work for him.....
    I was wondering the same thing as you. She was a pretty girl and you never did see them talking. I will have to recheck my dvr as I thought she was there playing kickball at the end. Hard to keep track of all 25 unless they stood out for one reason or another.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

DH & I loved that. They focused on her a couple of times during the rose ceremony and I thought she looked a lot like Shayne, which made it even funnier that her 'tude got her cut!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I love how Chris Harrison compliments the music for Ashley's season....its the same bloody music each time!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

I watched a video clip of her before the season started, and she was asked what she was going to do to make herself stand out. She laughed, and said she'd say hi, that it's her voice that men usually like or remember or something like that. Funny that she didn't even say a thing if her voice was the thing she gets noticed for!!
    ko_vixen likes this.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 2 | PopWatch | EW.com

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 2
    by Chris Harrison

We are off and running on what has already become one of the most talked about seasons of The Bachelor we’ve ever had. I love waking up Tuesday hearing everybody discuss issues from the previous night’s episode. I also enjoyed getting live tweets from many of you (@chrisbharrison) during the show. I have to admit though, my favorite thing last week was learning that Josh Groban and Snooki were watching the show. Groban had a great tweet saying his love child with Rafael Nadal was on ABC right now looking for love. I always find it interesting to learn who watches the show. Snooki as the next Bachelorette… hmmmm, interesting! There is one thing I left out of my first blog I wanted to cover as it is always one of the most asked questions I ever get via twitter while the first episode airs. Yes, the driveway is wet. We water it down so that it looks pretty on TV. The other reason we water the driveway is we hope that someday it will grow to be a beautiful, big super highway. With that mystery settled again, let’s talk about episode two.

You didn’t get to see much of this, but meeting the women at the house in Los Angeles only to tell them they wouldn’t be moving in was fun. The ladies had their bags packed and were ready to storm the house and get settled. They were extremely surprised but excited to learn that wouldn’t be the case, and instead we were all hitting the road and heading to Ben’s hometown of Sonoma, California. Kacie B. got the first date and it was an amazingly emotional date. First of all we got to see the chemistry and connection between Ben and Kacie, which is undeniable, but what really stood out was how deep this first date was. I’m guessing the home movies they watched that showed Ben and Kacie’s childhood hit everybody hard. Seeing how Ben reacted to hearing and seeing his dad was moving, and it says a lot about the man. That open, raw emotional honesty you saw in that moment is what you will see from Ben all season long. Like I said in last week’s blog, this will only add to what is already a fantastic season.

The group date is never easy, but the first one is especially tough considering it’s 12 on one. Incorporating the community of Sonoma and showing the town was important to Ben, and I think you got a taste of that in all three dates this week — but none more so than this group date. It’s safe to say the thing that stood out the most on this date was Blakeley and her “blessings,” as she called them. Blakeley quickly emerged in the house as one of the more unpopular ladies. This is a situation I often see on this show and it raises some interesting questions. Ladies, are there unwritten rules you should follow in trying to find and fight for love? Blakely put herself out there physically and emotionally and did everything she could to steal time with Ben even after she received a rose. Did she go too far? Should she have dialed it back like Kacie and Courtney did once they were safe, or is it her right to go after what she wants no matter what? After all, are these women there to make friends or possibly find the love of their life? These are issues that will obviously be discussed this week, but the most important answer came from Ben in the form of a rose for Blakeley. She’s safe and that means the house has to deal with her for at least one more week.

Now we move from one controversial figure in the house to another: Courtney. From the moment she walked out of the limo she caught Ben’s eye and from the moment she walked in the house she rubbed the other women the wrong way. This week you got a great look at what will become a recurring theme, and that is the two sides of Courtney. When she’s at the house she doesn’t exactly go out of her way to ingratiate herself with the other women, but when she’s with Ben it’s another story. As you saw on their date, Ben is taken by Courtney and understandably so. The conversation between them is so easy and you can see the spark between them. Ben asked the golden question concerning Courtney several times: “Is she too good to be true?” Again this is something that will continue to play out in the weeks to come as Courtney’s relationship with Ben grows and her relationship with the ladies continues to sour.

At the cocktail party, the mood went from great to awkward to meltdown in a matter of hours. On a bright note Lindzi seems to have overcome the first impression rose curse. Often the person that receives this rose gets excited by the immediate attention but then gets upset and insecure the following week. Lindzi did not fall victim to this and continues to be strong and a front-runner with Ben. Things started to get tense during the cocktail party as the thought of women going home became more real. Yes, a lot of the blame was being thrown on Blakeley’s “blessings,” but I think she became more of a scapegoat as the women realized she had a connection and was getting roses and they weren’t. Jenna is a great example of this. The conversation you saw with Ben was awkward at best. The two of them actually had another conversation later that night you didn’t get to see, and believe it or not it was even worse than the first one.

The night was officially summed up when Ben found Blakeley slumped in the corner of the luggage room crying and walked out only to find Jenna curled up crying in bed. Ben is not a big fan of drama, and this was a huge turnoff for him. He knew things would get intense eventually, but he was hoping it wasn’t going to start this early. One side note about the rose ceremony: It was freezing. It was a very cold night in Sonoma, and if you look closely you can see several of the women shivering as they stood there in the freezing temperatures.

This week was emotional and intense, but I promise you it’s nothing compared to what you’ll witness next week. You got a sneak peek at what just may be the wildest night in Bachelor history. A woman who has a history with Ben and our show will return next week, and the fallout from this is incredible and must be seen. This is an episode that everybody will be talking about for quite some time. Speaking of next week, I hope you’ll join me next Saturday night on ABC as I host the most dramatic Miss America Pageant… ever! You know I don’t just say that about everything.

I leave you this week with a quick shout out to a very special friend in our bachelor family. Kiptyn, who was a fan favorite on both The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad, had surgery on his neck late last week. The good news he’s back home resting. Kiptyn, we wish you a speedy recovery.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Speaking of noticing if the women were shivering... they started out the rose ceremony by showing a woman who was visibly shivering. I didn't really notice any other women shivering. I noticed the fog. I wonder what the temperature was.

A woman who has a history with Ben and our show will return next week, and the fallout from this is incredible and must be seen.
    Oh no! The most exciting reality Blog tease evaaaah!!!

Hmm you could tell the drama put Ben off, its so soon for all that nonsense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 37 1234567891011 ... LastLast