+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Yeah, you're right, AlwaysVeg, they would be promoting it.

I guess I'll never understand all the animosity toward Chris. I figure of course he's in Fleiss' pockect. He signs his paychecks. I also believe that Chris is just trying to figure out as it goes along how to keep from mistreating the bachs/ettes while still keeping the show moving along. He did nothing about Bentley and look how we reacted to that, then he did do something about Casey S and look how we reacted to that. He's probably feeling like he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Plus he does need to keep his job, I suspect. I would not mind having his job.

Ladies/Gentlemen, the final rose!

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I guess I'll never understand all the animosity toward Chris. I figure of course he's in Fleiss' pockect. He signs his paychecks. I also believe that Chris is just trying to figure out as it goes along how to keep from mistreating the bachs/ettes while still keeping the show moving along. He did nothing about Bentley and look how we reacted to that, then he did do something about Casey S and look how we reacted to that. He's probably feeling like he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Plus he does need to keep his job, I suspect. I would not mind having his job.

Ladies/Gentlemen, the final rose!
    I agree totally. I doubt that CH has much pull on this show. Fleiss is the one who makes all the decisions. CH had deliberations with Ben that hit the cutting room floor. I'm sure there's a lot of things on that floor that CH might feel should have been shown, but he is not the producer. CH is just the host, Fleiss' mouthpiece as it were.
    Last edited by mesachick; 02-17-2012 at 08:18 PM.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Chris has been a producer on the show for the last few years, so the product has more meaning to him than just a paycheck.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Courtney isn't playing a game. She's just being herself.

FORT Fogey

I think Chris does an excellent job and is quite candid given his postion. I have never understood the anger some have toward him. Of course he has to protect the ending so he cannot be blatant nor is it wise for him to offer his personal opinion about any contestant. He has been clear about both Bentley and Courtney within the confines of his role. He doesn't like either of them!
    mesachick and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Chris has been a producer on the show for the last few years, so the product has more meaning to him than just a paycheck.
    I just checked on IMDb - nowhere is CH listed as a producer, and the list of the actual producers is quite long (co-producers, etc). He is only listed as the host. In fact I couldn't find anything linking CH to the show beyond the host position (wiki, imdb, google). Do you have information that shows otherwise?
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

'The Bachelor''s Chris Harrison Defends the Casting of Brad Womack

ETonline: Would it have been a concern if Brad hadn't found love this time and walked away again?

Chris Harrison: Selfishly, not as a friend, but as a producer, no. The great thing about Brad and why he was a good choice no matter what happened, it was going to be great TV. If he didn't choose anybody and goes down in flames, come on! That would have been epic. The other side is, if he finds somebody that is going to be a good story. Either way, for us, as producers, he was going to be great.
    Here it is.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    To me, that doesn't clarify him as a producer. He's talking as the point of view of the producer. If he really was a producer it would be listed on IMDb, or as one of his career credits. I can't anything that officially states him as being a producer on this show. That's my thoughts on it anyway. Thanks for providing that though.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I think if Ben rejects Courtney at the FRC, they would be promo-ing the hell out of "the. most. shocking. finale. ever." Nah, I suspect that Ben is going to be a doofus until the end.

Yep!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread