+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Chris hit a homerun with this one! I guess it's safe to say he is not a big fan of Courtney.
    1dog2kids likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

In this blog I found it interesting that Chris didn't discuss Courtney's nudity (per se) but only alluded to it, and he had nothing to say about Courtney's behavior in front of those little boys. But, was it just me, or did anyone else feel like Chris threw the other women under the bus with his comment that they were more concerned with that "unwritten code of conduct" instead of going all out in pursuit of Ben? It sounded like Chris was insinuating that all those other women were just "being so prude" - in the words of Courtney - by opting to keep their tops on. Really, Chris? Would you have wanted your daughter to go on national television and act like Courtney does? Is Courtney a good role model for your daughter? I think not.

And I am just not buying that load of crap about Casey S., because Ben had absolutely no interest in her, and it was just a matter of time before she was going to be eliminated during one of those rose ceremonies. I think that the producers just needed the drama that went along with sending her out that way. You can't even compare her to Bentley in Ashley's season. There is no comparison. Ben had zero interest in her, and he also had zero interest in every woman that he has let go so far. It is obvious who Ben is going to pick as his F1. None of the other women who are adhering to that "unwritten code of conduct" ever stood a chance. Even if they had shed their clothes, it wouldn't have mattered. Anyway, that is just my two cents.

I don't think Chris was saying the other girls should have showed their boobies like Courtney. I think he was saying they had to be more aggresive in getting more time with him and not worry about what the other girls might think ("code of conduct"). That's how I took it to mean anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I don't think Chris was saying the other girls should have showed their boobies like Courtney. I think he was saying they had to be more aggresive in getting more time with him and not worry about what the other girls might think ("code of conduct"). That's how I took it to mean anyway...
    ...but I'd bet he wouldn't complain if more boobies would make an appearance...
    jucamer likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 6 | PopWatch | EW.com

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 6

by Chris Harrison

You all saw what happened with Casey S., so let me take you behind the scenes and tell you what led me to step in and talk to her. We heard from Casey’s former boyfriend and a couple other people that Casey had spent serious time with him leading up to the show and that she still had serious feelings for him. In fact, her ex-boyfriend explicitly told us that he was currently in a relationship with her. I’ve said before that one thing I regretted during Ashley’s season is not going further and telling her more about Bentley and his intentions. I wasn’t going to let that happen again. Now, I want to make it clear that in my opinion Casey didn’t come on the show with bad intentions; she didn’t come on the show to deceive Ben. Like many people that have come on this show in the past, Casey learned a lot about herself and changed during her time here. My talk with her was in no way confrontational, but I did want to make things very clear, to her and everybody watching. Unfortunately that lesson of making things very clear for all involved was one I learned a few seasons ago. It’s funny to see how once the show airs, people’s memories can suddenly and dramatically change...
    Chris now believes he is God and can judge who is or is not in the right frame of mind to nurture a new relationship.

I believe this is truly producer-contrived, and is actually gender-driven, just like most things Fleissian. Nobody has ANY RIGHT to step in and make a girl remove herself from the show just because she still has feelings for an old beau. There are hundreds of thoussands of women who have unexpectedly fallen in love with a soulmate when they thought their heart was unmendably cracked by a previous beau. Nobody has ANY right to tell a girl she is not ready to date.

There are countless number of male contestants who came onto The Bachelorette show while still dating girls back home. I am disgusted by Chris's pretense of "doing the right thing". I think this is simply a case of "the man can prey on who he wants, but the female must be belittled". If Chris is so wholesome and pure in wanting the star to find love, then why isn't he stepping in to prevent the whole Courtney/Winning debacle?

Chris' actions have nothing to do with conscience nor with re-thinking the Bentley behaviors. Chris' actions are solely producer-driven. Chris is the producers' monkey. It sucks to be him. (except on payday).
    Last edited by fireflyer; 02-08-2012 at 01:41 AM.

I have words about CH , that I cant post here. He is, without a doubt the biggest loser in my book .A mere puppet, and nothing more .He is handed a script every week, and it shows.A few years ago someone spoke out about him - a male, I wish I could remember which bachelor. He was very quickly censored!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

I agree, Chris is doing nothing more than earning a paycheck. All of these words he spews on blogs or tv all drive the storyline. I wonder, truly, if he enjoys this show and his job...

Fireflyer, thank you for that excellent post. I wholeheartedly agree with everything that you said. It is obvious that Chris H is just Mike Fleiss' puppet and that he has truly sold his soul to the devil.

They blindsided Casey S so that they could surprise her and get all that raw emotional footage for the show. They knew that this season was going to need a lot of drama to keep people tuned in week after week, so Casey was their sacrificial lamb. I am guessing that they did not film or record the "boyfriend's" side of the story, because it would have poked holes in this story. And by that I mean that all they had that they could use was that Casey was still love with an ex boyfriend back home. If they had had more to work with, then they would have certainly used it. There are also stories circulating out there that Courtney broke up with a boyfriend so that she could be on TB....just disappeared, and the boyfriend didn't know what had happened to her until she showed up on Ben's season.

I did not believe that sanctimonious speech that Chris H gave telling us the reason he felt compelled to confront Casey. The way they handled this situation had scripted drama written all over it, and they don't care who gets hurt in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I agree, Chris is doing nothing more than earning a paycheck. All of these words he spews on blogs or tv all drive the storyline. I wonder, truly, if he enjoys this show and his job...
    He enjoys , as someone else said ,the pay cheque
    sweetpea likes this.

FORT Fogey

Chris H is so full of hooey. I really lost respect for him over the way he handled the Casey S situation, even going along with it in the first place, although as a Mike Fleiss minion, I guess he had no choice. I just wonder if he really agreed with that pathetic ambush. So this anonymous boyfriend called up to report that he and Casey were recently in a relationship and that she was still in love with him ... and the producers/Chris H were compelled to believe that? Could it be possible that the boyfriend has a very high opinion of himself? Chris harped on it so much that it almost seemed that he was *convincing* Casey that she was still in love with this guy. She kept saying she did NOT want to go back with him, and Chris -- who is suddenly a professional psychologist -- insists that if she has any residual feelings for the guy, she is not ready to move forward. Then they go to Ben for the ultimate judgment on the matter, and he tells her to go home. If it had been Courtney, would he have made the same "off with her head" proclamation? He never seemed to have any interest in her, anyway. Maybe it was all cooked up and exaggerated as a handy way to get rid of more than the allotted two in Panama.

As I mentioned before, how do they know how many of the contestants are freshly out of a relationship when they appear on the show, or even still in a relationship that they're not happy with? They have no idea. Obviously Ben was not going to wind up with Casey S, but she could have been sent home in a much less humiliating and dramatic way.
    Last edited by AlwaysVeg; 02-08-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread