+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

I'm not surprised there is no blog - with as cold as it got in that studio based on body language last night from CH...

I think ABC is (rightfully) nervous to have him write a blog that couple possibly lead to a suit...

OK maybe not that much (the contracts are fairly ironclad) but the loss of a lot of advertisers. I remember the car company who pulled advertising from Survivor for temporarily dividing up people in races (which lasted of maybe two episodes if that).

So... it could be advertisers

In short regarding blogs... Jpab was a jerk, but so was production.

If they have a season past this next one for the Bachelorette I'll be surprised.

Because it was cold.

Even his previous one doesn't match what I saw in folks' body language on all sides of the argument on stage. That alone was telling.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Chris Harrison's blog at Entertainment Weekly is up now. He really tries to claim he doesn't hate JPabs, but I don't believe that at all!
    mesachick, ilja and Midol like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Thanks, JunkieGirl - here you go...

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' finale and 'After the Final Rose' | PopWatch | EW.com

I have had weeks where I’ve found it difficult to write this blog over the years, but nothing compares to how I feel this week. There is so much emotion involved with this show you have to be careful when you are open and honest, as our friend likes to say, but I also feel it’s important to speak with compassion, fairness and, when you can, perspective and understanding. I tried to apply all of these as I lived through this season and then watched it back on TV with all of you. I want to start off by saying I’m not mad about how the season ended nor am I angry with Juan Pablo.

For some reason I feel that there is some notion that I dislike him, and that’s just not the truth. One of the many things I love about this show is every season is different because every Bachelor or Bachelorette is different. They bring in their own culture, background, issues, and baggage. This show will do many things to you, and one of those things is it will expose you, for better or for worse, and sometimes both. Ask any man or woman who’s been the Bachelor or Bachelorette, and I guarantee they will tell you this show changed them forever and they learned a great deal about themselves in the process.

The other thing I’ve learned is you have to give yourself to this process or it just won’t work. You have to come in with sincere intentions and then trust and give yourself to this process, or not only will it not work, it will be a constant battle and struggle until the end. I truly believe Juan Pablo came into this season with those true intentions. I also know that when we chose him we truly believed he had the qualities that would make him a great Bachelor. But from the beginning something just didn’t seem right and something didn’t fit. We can debate over what that is, but the truth is that is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is this was a struggle for Juan Pablo and it was a struggle almost all the way through. I, along with all of our producers, tried as hard as we could to figure this out and make it easier on him, and I know he tried to find those answers himself. At times, he did seem to let his guard down and enjoy and embrace the process, but overall it was a struggle.

While this may sound bad or negative, it’s not. It’s not an indictment of Juan Pablo or our show. In fact, I think it’s what I find so beautiful about our show. You just never know what this situation will bring out in any of us and you just have to deal with it the best you can. This has easily been the most polarizing season we’ve ever had. I know this because I’ve gotten tons of messages about how much people love Juan Pablo and how displeased they are. I’ve received many messages about how much I’ve defended Juan Pablo and how much I’ve buried him. It’s never been my intention to defend or bury Juan Pablo. That’s not my job. My job all along was to help him try to find his way. It’s a bit like being a parent, and sometimes being a parent means tough love. Sometimes you are proud and impressed by your children, but sometimes you are sad and disappointed in them. I felt all these emotions this season with Juan Pablo.

The live After the Final Rose special was one for the books. I’m sitting here trying to figure out a way to describe what it felt like sitting out there, but I just can’t find the words. First of all, I want to give Clare major props for showing up and being so honest and brave.

The interview with Juan Pablo and Nikki was just a bit odd. I know it was orchestrated by him to not say how he feels about Nikki. The only thing I can’t figure out is why? It was a rough ride for Juan Pablo this season, but the good news is…it worked! He found a great woman in Nikki and they are in love and happy. So of all things to hide I’m not sure why they chose that. I’m not sure what the endgame or goal was in not speaking about his feelings. I know it’s something Nikki was very uncomfortable with, but I think she really felt like she needed to support her man. I’m not sure when or where along the way Juan Pablo decided to fight this whole process, but he certainly did.

Most of you understood last night it wasn’t about getting Juan Pablo to say he loved Nikki. It was about getting him to really say anything of substance about a woman who had professed her love for him and had hoped for a proposal from him. I knew our audience wasn’t going to take his behavior well, but I thought if we could at least show that in the end he’s happy and in love and I could get him to show some real emotion or feelings, it might help. But that was just not to be with Juan Pablo and Nikki. When it was over, the two of them got up and walked off stage in complete silence. There was no cheering, no booing, just confused silence as to what just happened.

I was very sorry to see it end like that because it didn’t have to. That was a choice made entirely by Juan Pablo. I will wrap this up by saying again, I’m not angry at Juan Pablo nor do I dislike the guy. Am I often confused and puzzled by his behavior and his thoughts? Absolutely, but that doesn’t anger me. I wish he and Nikki well. I truly hope Juan Pablo especially can find peace somewhere in his life. I hope he will see that there are many people around him who love him and are trying to help him, but in the end he must make the choice to listen and let them in.

The final big twist tonight was naming Andi our new Bachelorette. I really like this woman and think she will be a great Bachelorette and make for a fantastic season. She’s a strong, smart woman but what I really want people to see is the softer, sweeter, funny side that I’ve gotten to know. She’s a great woman and I think we’re fortunate to have her as our new Bachelorette.

As we wrap up our 27th season of this show, I most importantly just want to say thank you! Thank you for watching and believing in this show for 12 years. I love what I do and I know the only reason I get to do this is you make it so. So to the former cast of this show and all of Bachelor Nation I say thank you and I look forward to season 28 because we haven’t started taping it yet, but I can already tell you it will be the most dramatic season ever!!!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Here is Chris' interview with TV Guide.

What Happened When The Cameras Were Off?

So we watched and he laid an egg where he had this beautiful woman who stood before him and said, "I love you," and he all but punched her in the shoulder and said, "I like you, buddy!" But if you ask him, he's like, "No, I like her a lot!"
    LOL!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I've defended Chris Harrison quite a bit over the years because I too agree you should not undermine your employer, in particular if you want to keep your job but also out of respect and thankfulness for even having a job. However, I've now lost some respect for CH.

And yet, Chris' hounding of Juan Pablo to say that he loved Nikki was inexcusable. His little sighs and facial expressions all the time egging the audience on into making fun of Juan Pablo did nothing to convince Juan Pablo to go along to get along. Here he is acting as if he is neutral on the subject and really doesn't have any bad feelings toward Juan Pablo. I call BS on this!
    taracran, tinderbox and mesachick like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Here is Chris' interview with TV Guide.

What Happened When The Cameras Were Off?

LOL!
    OMG LOL So they just walked off the stage like that says it all about this season.SMH
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

In reading that interview - yeah CH - sure you don't dislike JP... LOL He's way too transparent to try to pull that lie off.
    Need40winks and tinderbox like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    In reading that interview - yeah CH - sure you don't dislike JP... LOL He's way too transparent to try to pull that lie off.
    Yeah, I agree with you here for a couple of reasons:

Chris Harrison: People thought I was mad and angry, but I really wasn't at all. I think I was just confused and a little disappointed.

Me: His body language and facial expressions say anything BUT what he's saying right here. If I were the reporter, and got to see him face to face (They tend to do this as phone calls) I'd probably be calling him out on that.

The rest of it just reads as though he was INDEED mad (in spite of his claims) that JPab wouldn't give him what he wanted, so he's mad, and is adding to the problem by lying about it.

As far as Nikki's body language changing from interview to seeing JPab, methinks something was going on during commercials as far as the women's comments too and other comments being said that changed her into being uncomfortable. I truly think that CH, et. al. intentionally did that.

I don't doubt JPab lives in his own world, but just the way CH is responding to the questions in that interview... I think there is some credence as to why JPab was mad or on the defensive most of ATFR.

Seriously - CH is trying to cover ABC's dirt clod with gold... but it's still a dirt clod.
    Need40winks and ilja like this.

Well...to be fair, CH had a job to do and a length of time to fill with the ATFR nonsense. Often when someone interviews someone else, they talk at the same time, when the interviewer pursues a question, or adds something, while the person being interviewed isn't quite finished answering. It happens. JP's nonsense to CH about interrupting him and letting him finish was combative and must have been really frustrating for CH, especially since JP seemed to ramble on with a lot of what he was saying, without actually answering the question that was posed.

CH seemed to get more frustrated, JP was being an arrogant douche, and Nikki looked sometimes like a deer in the headlights. I bet they were all happy when it ended. I know I was.

It would be ridiculous to assume CH would come right out and say what he thinks/thought of JP in his blog. He's the "voice" of the show and I guess that means he needs to maintain the company line. But yes, the entire thing was set up to show JP in a bad light and JP helped it along with his attitude. It seemed to be a mutual dislike.
    Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Well...to be fair, CH had a job to do and a length of time to fill with the ATFR nonsense. Often when someone interviews someone else, they talk at the same time, when the interviewer pursues a question, or adds something, while the person being interviewed isn't quite finished answering. It happens. JP's nonsense to CH about interrupting him and letting him finish was combative and must have been really frustrating for CH, especially since JP seemed to ramble on with a lot of what he was saying, without actually answering the question that was posed.

CH seemed to get more frustrated, JP was being an arrogant douche, and Nikki looked sometimes like a deer in the headlights. I bet they were all happy when it ended. I know I was.

It would be ridiculous to assume CH would come right out and say what he thinks/thought of JP in his blog. He's the "voice" of the show and I guess that means he needs to maintain the company line. But yes, the entire thing was set up to show JP in a bad light and JP helped it along with his attitude. It seemed to be a mutual dislike.
    Very good points. IMHO I don't think CH hates anyone on this show. He has his faves but hate, no I don't see that. I am sure, like most of us CH was glad to see the back of this season
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread