+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

When a staff member posts a warning in a thread or closes a thread, that's not an opening for debate. We do have a "dead horse" rule around here. If posters persist in debating the same thing over and over, we will be issuing infractions.

Little known fact: we can actually remove a poster's access to a specific forum. It's not something we do often, but it's probably not good to test the limits of our patience.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor': 'Women Tell All' | PopWatch | EW.com

By Chris Harrison on Mar 4, 2014 at 12:40AM

This has easily been one of the most intriguing seasons we’ve ever had on this show. Because of this, I’ve really been looking forward to the “Women Tell All” and “After the Final Rose” specials. Most of the time we roll into these specials and deal with a few issues, but it doesn’t often revolve around our actual Bachelor like it did this year. The ladies really didn’t have any major issues with each other this season. It wasn’t about that this time. It was really all about Juan Pablo.

The show started off with a sit-down with Catherine and Sean in their first interview since the wedding. It’s always good to see them, but to see them so happy and madly in love was just out of this world. They absolutely crack me up with how carefree and comfortable they are with everything. It makes my job much easier as I just get to sit back and have fun talking with two friends. When I sit with them, it never feels like an interview but more like a chance to catch up with a beautiful couple. I’m really happy for them and excited for what the future holds. After that, we went to a fun little bit we did with the Muppets to promote their new movie. We have done a few of these with different actors and movies, but it was amazing the amount of people who showed up to the shoot with the Muppets. It was a fun day with all the families and kids showing up to meet Kermit and Miss Piggy. My acting skills can clearly use some work, but it was an absolute blast to shoot a scene alongside these iconic characters.

After the fun and games were taken care of, it was time to face the ladies and talk about this season. I was immediately struck by how the women felt about Juan Pablo. I also thought it was interesting how their opinions have really seemed to change in watching the show back and seeing how all of the women were treated this season. The women weren’t full of venom and they weren’t exactly mad, but I think the overall feeling was Juan Pablo just wasn’t on the show looking for the same thing they were. But a few of the ladies were more than happy to disagree and stick up for Juan Pablo and defend him. It’s only natural that the girls who were sent home earlier felt a bit slighted and felt like maybe Juan Pablo didn’t really care about them. But the women who went much further, like Sharleen, Renee, and even Andi weren’t very negative at all and ended up defending him a bit. Sharleen really defended him the most, saying she felt like he truly tried to build a bond with her. Renee also had a great relationship with him, but I knew there was no way a classy woman like that was going to come in and rip on Juan Pablo even if she felt like it.

It’s always difficult to write a blog about this particular show because we really do a good job of showing you exactly what went down. When Juan Pablo came out, the reception from the crowd and the ladies was warm and welcoming. I didn’t really hear anything negative at all. I did find it interesting that he has absolutely no regrets at all after not only living through this but watching it back as well. He seems to understand that his honesty can come off sometimes as rude at times, but he’s okay with that. The women were pretty clear with their thoughts before Juan Pablo came out onstage, but when he was there it was odd how they focused on less relevant things, like calling Cassandra and Renee his special ones. I found it interesting that a few of them were so hung up on that.

One of the most interesting moments came late in the show, when Kelly made reference to Juan Pablo’s remarks about homosexuality. Juan Pablo naturally got very defensive — I didn’t think he was going to really respond at all, and I would’ve been fine with that. I didn’t feel like that was the time or place to really get into it because I didn’t have the time to really have an in-depth discussion. I feel unless you really have time to give somebody to respond, it’s not really fair. But Juan Pablo did open up and give some real insight and emotion as to how he feels. As disappointing as all of this has been, whether you agree with how he responded to Kelly or not, I appreciated seeing what seemed to be sincerity and true raw emotion — which has been hard to find with him at times when he gets defensive. I appreciated seeing that side of him.

Last, but certainly not least, I’m sure a few of you noticed that our little free spirit Lucy ended the show the way the season began for her. When I surprised her by revealing she was accepted on the show, she got so excited she jumped on me and gave me a hug. So she thought that’s how this should all end — hey why not?

So, how will all this end? Next week we have a special three hour LIVE finale event. The first two hours will be a mix of the show and live in-studio appearances and interviews. Then we will go right into a live “After the Final Rose” special event. This has been a wild ride up to this point and it’s only going to get wilder. This will be a night of live TV you absolutely don’t want to miss. I look forward to seeing you next Monday night!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Notice how he tries to lump Andi in with Sharleen and Renee. I can't help but suspect that they suggested to Andi that she should find a way to defend Juan Pablo too so that she could make up a little for coming off as a bitter betty in her last scene of the season.
    mesachick and Midol like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I didn't think Andi was as bad as on the show, she did say he could be a jerk. She got that right
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Notice how he tries to lump Andi in with Sharleen and Renee. I can't help but suspect that they suggested to Andi that she should find a way to defend Juan Pablo too so that she could make up a little for coming off as a bitter betty in her last scene of the season.
    No doubt they read social media and boards like this to gage audience reaction. They realised that people weren't quite all down with Andi and that many thought she came off like a right b*tch. They needed to soften up her image and are in full recovery mode. The fact that she is following direction so well, really makes me believe she is not looking for GREAT LOVE...but, the next great chance to be the next Nancy Grace or Judge Judy.
    tinderbox and mesachick like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I would like a strong woman , not someone like Des, I hope its is Andi..you know the producers wont give her special treatment, she will need to be tough
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

The ladies really didnít have any major issues with each other this season. It wasnít about that this time. It was really all about Juan Pablo.
    Well no. The two ladies who did have problems with each other are the F2 and cannot be part of the WTA. Will Neekee and Clare have a chance to throw-down at the AFTR? That would be interesting.

The women were pretty clear with their thoughts before Juan Pablo came out onstage, but when he was there it was odd how they focused on less relevant things, like calling Cassandra and Renee his special ones. I found it interesting that a few of them were so hung up on that.
    Did he just call the women petty? Why yes, he did. LOL

really makes me believe she is not looking for GREAT LOVE...but, the next great chance to be the next Nancy Grace or Judge Judy.
    Oh gawd NO! This world does not need another Nasty Grace. It does need more Judge Judy's though.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

There is NO Chris Harrison blog this morning. There are, however, other blogs and video at Entertainment Weekly's EW.com | Entertainment News | TV News | TV Shows | Movie, Music and DVD Reviews
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    There is NO Chris Harrison blog this morning. There are, however, other blogs and video at Entertainment Weekly's EW.com | Entertainment News | TV News | TV Shows | Movie, Music and DVD Reviews
    Wonder why no blog? Maybe they got some flack as well regarding their treatment of JPab and need to do some editing?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Chris was on GMA, no need to blog. What's there to say? we found a guy who was a loser capital L.
    All I have read this morning, is that Juan is a douche. The show ( or CH, did try with him) his parents were right, he is stubborn and can be hard to get along with- there's an understatement

I see we have no blog from Jpab, good
    AZChristian likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread