+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

He makes a good point about Juan Pablo sending mixed signals. Especially when he changed his mind at the end of that group date to kiss Claire. He might as well have said I'm just not that into you to the girls he refused to kiss.

I don't personally see what Nikki has been doing that is so bad. Yeah, she can be whiny but so what. Who hasn't whined when it comes to the Bachelor/ette. No one really likes sharing their significant other even if they should know better since they signed up for this.

Oh no! I just did what Juan Pablo did. I just talked out of both sides of my mouth.
    tapper01 and navybelle like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

CH get out of my head!!!
    Sharleenís one-on-one date was up next. I find them to be the most puzzling and intriguing couple this season. Juan Pablo really likes her and at this point I think considers her to be his number one. The reason I find them so intriguing is at times they appear to have zero chemistry and completely donít get each other. But then moments later they seem to absolutely understand each other and are making out. She got another rose and will live to see another rose ceremony, but you just have to wonder how long a relationship can survive like this.
    I would say not very long, and I don't think she would be as upset as he would...

The other puzzling thing this week is Juan Pabloís decision to all of a sudden decide to stop kissing girls on this group date. He told Renee he was slowing down with her due to the fact that sheís a mother and he didnít want to rush anything with her. Then he told others it was because he was a dad and he didnít want Camilla to see him kissing a bunch of girls. I definitely understand their confusion and frustration on this subject, because he seems to have changed the rules in the middle of the game. They obviously know heís kissed several of the other women, but now thereís some random moral line he seems to have drawn. In a situation like this, you have to be careful to be clear and consistent or itís going to lead to confusion and drama for him. When you say one thing and completely do another, obviously itís going to lead to problems.
    This is what I said, but I also said don't use your child as a reason for not kissing, man up already!
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 5 | PopWatch | EW.com

By Chris Harrison on Feb 4, 2014 at 1:04AM

I have to admit, when I heard we were going to visit Vietnam this season I was a little surprised and more than a little intrigued. Vietnam is a mysterious country that we obviously have a tremendous amount of history with. I was looking forward to seeing for myself what this land and its people had to offer. I’m happy to say that what I found far exceeded any expectations I had. From the moment we landed, the people couldn’t have been more warm and welcoming. Our crew did have a slight problem at the airport trying to bring walkie-talkies into the country, but other than that it was smooth sailing. We stayed at the InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort. It’s about a 20-minute drive past what used to be known as China Beach. I don’t say this flippantly and I think our crew will agree: this was easily one of the nicest, most luxurious resorts we’ve ever stayed in. From the beach all the way up to the ridiculous breakfast buffet, that resort has it all.

Renee got the first date this week and they spent it in the small town of Hoi An, which was about a 45-minute drive from our hotel. I went into this quaint village with some of our crew several times without cameras or fanfare and we felt comfortable there. We had amazing experiences shopping, dining and just getting lost in the city. Renee and Juan Pablo also found it easy to get lost in this village together. Renee just makes life easy for everybody. The fact that she’s a single mom is part of it, but it also has a lot to do with the woman she is. These two obviously connect because they’re both parents, but I think there’s a lot more to it than that.

I’ll be very interested on how you guys feel about several issues this week. Firstly, I want to know what you think of the way Juan Pablo treated Renee, supposedly because of her son. He didn’t kiss her and continued to say it was because of her son Ben. But then he would proceed to grab other girls like Clare or Sharleen and make out with them like nobody’s business. Was this a good gentlemanly move, or should he let Renee decide what’s best for her? Should single moms be treated differently in the dating world or should they decide how they want to be treated? Later in the episode at the cocktail party Renee did finally get that kiss, but it wasn’t until she convinced JP that she wants to be treated just like the other women.

The first thing that struck me on Nikki’s date was her Xanadu headband. Doing her best Olivia Newton-John, Nikki really opened up and showed Juan Pablo she’s a lot more than just a pretty face. I think she really pleasantly surprised him by showing so much depth and compassion. Her love of being a P-E-D-E-A-T-R-I-C nurse really impressed Juan Pablo — even if he can’t pronounce it. She easily got a rose and moved up the list of favorites for Juan Pablo.

The group date led to what is easily the most interesting, bizarre, confusing and dramatic moment of the season so far. First off, it really just seemed to be a one-on-one date between Juan Pablo and Clare with a few other girls along to watch. JP is very attracted to Clare and they have insane chemistry. The two of them can barely keep their hands off each other, and most of the time they don’t. Clare got the rose on the group date, but that wasn’t enough. Feeling confident and frisky after the date, Clare decided to go to Juan Pablo’s room and grab him for what seemed like a fun little midnight dip in the ocean. This wasn’t the skinny-dipping episode with Ben and Courtney — this was a fully clothed late night dip that did get a little physical (or maybe a lot physical), and that could be why Juan Pablo felt so guilty. Either way, both of them mutually consented to be there and both of them really seemed to enjoy themselves. However, something drastically changed from the time Juan Pablo toweled off and the time he showed up at the cocktail party. He was feeling guilty and he decided to let Clare know he was disappointed in himself and somehow in her as well. So my question to you is, was it fair how Juan Pablo treated Clare? Was it okay for him to make her feel bad because he felt guilty for agreeing to do something he apparently later regretted? All of this and Clare’s response made for a very interesting and confusing night for all of us. Much like last week when Juan Pablo decided to restrict his kissing, it appears that the rules are ever-changing here.

His emotion carried over into the rose ceremony where we said goodbye to three ladies, Danielle, Alli and Kelly. (It is my sincere hope that when Kelly returns for the Women Tell All she’ll bring my girl Molly with her.) Next week we’re off to New Zealand. We’re now down to just eight women. Juan Pablo is starting to really have feelings for several of these women, which only makes decisions tougher and tougher to make. He’s really struggling during the rose ceremonies, which was evident when he shed a tear when it was over. It’s not going to get any easier. The incident with Clare might have happened in Vietnam, but it didn’t stay there – the issue between the two of them is far from over.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

What can one say to such a blog? Either Chris Harrison does not like Juan Pablo or he's just doing his job and trying his best to start heated conversations on the interwebs to fulfill the saying that it doesn't matter what they say about you (as in you the show) as long as they are talking about you.

I think he's reading The fort, everything he has said, has been said here

His emotions ran over, did he even know the three he sent home? he cried more than they did
    ilja likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Iíll be very interested on how you guys feel about several issues this week. Firstly, I want to know what you think of the way Juan Pablo treated Renee, supposedly because of her son. He didnít kiss her and continued to say it was because of her son Ben. But then he would proceed to grab other girls like Clare or Sharleen and make out with them like nobodyís business. Was this a good gentlemanly move, or should he let Renee decide whatís best for her? Should single moms be treated differently in the dating world or should they decide how they want to be treated? Later in the episode at the cocktail party Renee did finally get that kiss, but it wasnít until she convinced JP that she wants to be treated just like the other women.
    He is too scared to say, I am just not into you. What I would like is for him to treat her like the woman she is, vibrant and sexy who just happens to have a child..she had to beg for a kiss, she can do so much better.
    -Andy Rooney-

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 6 | PopWatch | EW.com

By Chris Harrison on Feb 11, 2014 at 1:05AM

On The Bachelor, we’ve had the incredible opportunity to travel all around this beautiful globe of ours. We’ve had some interesting long travel days before but this trip from Da Nang, Vietnam to Lake Taupo, New Zealand is one for the record books. We had a nice long buggy ride from the hotel in Da Nang. Then we hopped our first flight up to Ho Chi Minh City. After some pretty good noodles in the airport we jumped on a nice long overnight flight to Sydney, Australia. We all got off and enjoyed a little lunch before getting on a flight to Auckland, New Zealand. Once we finally landed in Auckland, thirty hours after we left Da Nang, we were happy to hear that none of our luggage had made the trip with us. So after everybody took their turn at filling out luggage claim forms we headed out on a nice two-hour bus ride to our final destination, Lake Taupo. The first morning was spent shopping for clothes and necessities before getting ready for another week of dates. We’ve been to New Zealand before, and I was happy to be back. Lake Taupo and the surrounding area is just stunning. The ladies stayed at the famous Huka Lodge and if you’re ever anywhere near this area you have to at least book a dinner at this lodge. It’s an experience you won’t soon forget.

Once we all got settled the date card arrived and Andi finally got her first one-on-one date. The date started with Juan Pablo and her walking through a section of rocks called “the squeeze.” As tough as it was for them, you have to imagine how insane it was for our camera and audio crews to make it through while shooting. They did an incredible job in some difficult conditions. The walk and the climb might have been difficult but the chemistry between Juan Pablo and Andi is nothing but smooth and easy. They seem to really enjoy and understand each other. She easily got a rose and is safe to move on to the next week.

The group date was next and with it came two very cool things, Ogo balls and a trip to Hobbiton. Last time we were in New Zealand we got to bungee jump off the original bridge where it all began. This time Juan Pablo and the ladies got to roll down the hillsides in massive Ogo balls. They loved it and were all giggling like little kids. Later, they headed to Hobbiton, where they shot part of the Lord of the Rings movies as well as The Hobbit. At night while at Hobbiton, Juan Pablo had some alone time with some of the ladies. Over the last two weeks he really seems to be building a strong connection with Nikki, who he shared a nice long intimate kiss with. Then came the interesting time with Sharleen. I say interesting because she didn’t get two words out before he started making out with her. Their relationship intrigues me the most — at times they seem to have such great chemistry, and then at times it couldn’t seem more distant and awkward. Sharleen unexpectedly got the rose on the group date.

Cassandra, one of the single mothers left (along with Renee) got a nice surprise for her birthday on the group date: A flight home back to the United States. In Juan Pablo’s defense, he really had no idea it was her birthday. He knew she would not end up as his wife and decided not to keep her away from her son any longer than necessary.

Clare got the other one-on-one date this week. It was important after the blow up last week in Vietnam that these two had a chance to spend some time together and hash out their differences. They immediately started discussing the events of last week and they seemed to both feel good about it when all was said and done. Then they proceeded to make out by the side of the river. This poses yet another interesting question which is popping up a lot this season: Is there a difference between making out in the ocean, or a pool, or on a park bench? Anyway you look at it, Clare seemed satisfied and she got a rose then they made out again. They weren’t in an ocean, so hopefully things will settle down for a while.

The cocktail party was held at a spectacular property called Poronui Lodge. To say the vistas from the Blake House, where we shot, were stunning would be a gross understatement. You finally got to see one of our deliberations. We did these each week and I found them really interesting as I got to candidly ask Juan Pablo about these ladies and really try to find out where he was in all of this. That night, Chelsie had figured correctly that the elimination was down to her and Kat. Despite sharing a heartbreaking story about her past and really opening up, Kat was sent home. I think the most interesting part of the night was the emotion Sharleen showed when it was all over. She also left us with some rather ominous words about how she’s really feeling. So with only six women left it’s back to the United States and a stop in Juan Pablo’s hometown of Miami. The tension has been building between Nikki and Clare, and next week it will finally boil to the surface.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 7 | PopWatch | EW.com

There’s a lot of drama to discuss, but I want to answer a quick question I got several times this week. Why wasn’t there a two-on-one date last week? It’s funny how our fans come to just expect and understand when things are supposed to happen. Typically if we have a two-on-one date it would indeed have taken place last week, but much to your surprise we didn’t do it this time. You have to remember that while we do often stick to a general schedule it’s definitely not set in stone. I honestly don’t recall how far out we decided to not do a two-on-one this season, but you have to understand there are no rules here. Sometimes we’ll decide heading into the season what the schedule will be, but we always change our game plan on the fly as we go. A number of factors can change things up. It’s always a very fluid situation, and we always have to be ready and willing to roll with the punches and adapt to the relationships forming on the show.

As much fun as we had traveling around the world, we were all happy to be back in the states. But nobody was more excited to return home than Juan Pablo. Miami is his hometown now, and his family and friends were waiting. You could really see his shoulders drop and see him relax as he got home.

We have two big stories to deal with this week: Sharleen and the battle between Nikki and Clare. I’ve said from day one that Sharleen and Juan Pablo’s relationship is one of the oddest, most awkward relationships we’ve ever had on this show. From the moment she stepped out of the limo, Juan Pablo was taken by Sharleen. I found it really interesting how Sharleen would send him mixed signals. I think it’s because she was pretty confused herself. Whether it was fair or not is up for debate, but she definitely gave him plenty of reasons to think she was into him. When they were together, their chemistry was insane and they couldn’t take their hands and lips off each other. But if you listened to Sharleen, she sent plenty of signals the other way as well.

Read some of these quotes from this week alone. “I’m surprised by how attracted to him I am.” When asked about meeting her family, she said, “I think it can work” and “It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around it.” But what was Sharleen’s real struggle? The physical was there, but she said there wasn’t a “mental” connection. She went on to say she wished she were a little dumber. While talking to the girls and to Juan Pablo she kept saying she was doing the right thing, but why was this the right thing? You could clearly see part of her really enjoyed him and their relationship, but another side of her just wouldn’t let her have that. I look forward to talking to her at the Women Tell All so we can get some of these answers. I’m hoping now that she’s had time to gain some perspective she’ll be able to articulate what her real struggle was and why she just couldn’t embrace what was happening.

Nikki has really come out on as a top contender the last few weeks and she got the other one-on-one date this week. I know this date is going to really stir up our fans because I was blown away by it as well. Nikki meeting his family and especially his daughter is a huge deal — or is it? Unfortunately we didn’t show the deliberation where we discussed this, but Juan Pablo had a very interesting take on this and what it comes down to is a real difference in cultures. Back in Venezuela, it’s not a big deal at all to meet someone’s family early on, and in fact from what JP told me it would be odd not to. Now I’m sure a lot of people will also say why was it only Nikki who got to meet them? The answer is it worked well because Camilla had the dance recital. So there was an event and it made sense to do it with one of the ladies, but to parade all of them through would have been awkward. Speaking of awkward, how odd was it for Nikki to have to meet Juan Pablo’s ex? She handled it well, but what an uncomfortable moment that must have been. You also may have noticed that Nikki didn’t say it to him, but she became the first to admit she’s fallen in love with Juan Pablo!

Nikki is obviously one of the front-runners now, but so is Clare and she’s been there for a while now. She’s not ready to easily give up that spot. There wasn’t really just one thing that happened here. It’s a simple case of two women who want the same thing and they just don’t like each other. Because of this battle, the house and the ladies have kind of been divided down the middle. Chelsie and Renee are on team Clare and Andi is on team Nikki. The good news for these two is that this is the last week they have to really spend any time together. From here on out, the women don’t see each other except at the rose ceremonies — so while it provided for some good drama this week, it’s really a moot point now.

One funny inside note to give you about the cocktail party: We showed Nikki and Clare sitting in silence alone, but that moment went on much longer than we could show and it was beyond uncomfortable. It felt like an hour, but there was a good five or ten minutes where these two just sat beside each other in complete silence. It was really amazing to watch. We showed you enough to get the point across, but it went on for much longer.

Chelsie was sent home this week and we were all sad to see her go. She’s a great girl and was liked by all. Her relationship with Juan Pablo was good but just not good enough when compared to what he has with the others, and I think she knew that. There’s no way it will go unnoticed that after saying goodbye to Chelsie, Juan Pablo gave us a pretty solid “Mesnick”. A Mesnick, of course, is named after our old Bachelor and good friend Jason Mesnick, who famously cried hysterically while leaning over a railing.

Next week are the pivotal hometown dates, and these hometowns are unlike any we’ve had before. If you’re expecting easy, happy-go-lucky hometowns where everybody smiles and gives the bachelor their blessing, you’re in for a big surprise.

I also want to let you know that next week is a special two-day Bachelor event Monday and Tuesday night. Monday night will be hometowns, then Tuesday we head off to St Lucia for exotic dates, which as you saw in the previews are interesting, to say the least. You really do not want to miss the overnight dates on Tuesday. It’s truly, honestly the most intense, exotic episode ever.

The most intense, exotic episode EVAH!!!

I think this is the first blog he's written this season that he did not throw Juan Pablo under the bus. Hmmmm, can't help but wonder if this is the calm before the storm.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Iím hoping now that sheís had time to gain some perspective sheíll be able to articulate what her real struggle was and why she just couldnít embrace what was happening.
    Umm, Chris. Her struggle was that JPabs is dumber than a bag of hair. If he could tickle her brain like he tickled her chin, she might have given him half a chance. Oops, actually she did because she actually said "I wish I was dumber." LMAO That totally went right over JPabs head.

If he liked Sharleen so much, there wasn't much tears and then he cried like a baby when he sent Chelsie home? Watch out Jake, JPabs is trying to steal your Fake title away.

You really do not want to miss the overnight dates on Tuesday. Itís truly, honestly the most intense, exotic episode ever.
    More intense than the 1 3/4 hour Brooks and Des sobfest? Yay! /sarcasm

So what happens to make Andi want to leave the FS? Does he pull the ever-popular dutch oven? Does she find out he wore his pink underwear AGAIN? His stance on the gays? Stay tuned!
    Midol likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread