+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

To the Point

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

My daughter caught part of The View on Tuesday and she said that Chris actually made a comment regarding the fact that JP had virtually no accent when he was just talking to him but the accent became much more pronounced when the ladies were around. I thought that was pretty funny. Yeah, I know, that was not about the blog post. Oh well....shoot me.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 2 | PopWatch | EW.com

By Chris Harrison on Jan 14, 2014 at 1:15AM

Last week I got to feel the full force of the polar vortex in New York City, but it was well worth it as I had the amazing opportunity to co-host with the ladies of The View. It was an absolute blast, an honor, and I can’t wait to get back to do it again. Every Sunday during the month of Juan-uary we’re airing specials that take you behind the scenes of your favorite show. It will all culminate with Sean and Catherine’s live wedding event on Sunday, January 26th.

Sunday night’s episode was a behind-the-scenes look at the show. I love that through these specials we’re able to show our fans more and more of what really happens on The Bachelor. We showed you how last week Juan Pablo and I continued the tradition of crashing Bachelor viewing parties around town. I always love doing this, walking into the homes of our fans and seeing what a real impact this show has and how it really does bring people together. I honestly don’t think any other show on television promotes that sense of community. I also enjoyed the fact that this special allowed me to show all of you my casual sit-down talk with Juan Pablo the day after the rose ceremony. It’s been great to show you sides of our Bachelor we usually just don’t have the time to show you.

I thought this was an exceptional second episode. The tension and the drama are incredibly high this early for Juan reason and Juan reason only. Juan Pablo has made a strong impression on these women already and they can tell this guy is a catch and they’re not about to let this opportunity slide by without a fight. Clare got the all-important, but often jinxed, first date. Whoever gets that first date often has a great time and gets a rose, but it’s tough because they then have to wait for quite some time to get more alone time and that can lead to doubt and drama. But on this night, Clare and Juan Pablo were happy as could be. As you saw on the special Sunday, our crew performed a miracle and turned a valley in the Malibu Hills into a winter wonderland. I love that before the date, JP got to take his girl Camila to play in the snow. This is the first time she’s ever seen snow. If nothing else comes from this season, that father-daughter date was well worth it when we saw the look on her face and that smile. Clare also had a big smile on her face, as the date was in the snow but it was muy caliente. She easily got the rose and quickly became one of the frontrunners.

While Clare was out enjoying her first date, the girls were getting their first dose of naked Lucy, or really just Lucy because Lucy is pretty much always naked. She put on clothes just long enough to join the other 12 girls on the group date. This date was part of our Bachelor Gives Back program. This particular date with the folks at Models n’ Mutts benefits the Best Friends Animal Society. Elise and Andi seemed to draw the short straw, as they had to do a pretty risqué shoot with Juan Pablo. At first Elise seemed really smart when she switched spots with Lucy, who was more than eager to drop her drawers, but in the end that photo shoot was an intimate moment with Juan Pablo she probably wishes she could get back. Thanks to some smooth talking from JP, Andi decided to do the shoot and that made a big impression on Juan Pablo.

Obviously the real story on the group date was Victoria, or as Juan Pablo says “Ay yi yi, Victoria!” Either Victoria had a little too much to drink or she was affected by the altitude way up in that building, but either way she was a mess. The good news is during the flame out she left us with some amazing gems. My favorite Victoria quote is, “Life is about straddling people and things.” If you think about it, she’s right! She also introduced us to the new medical procedure the “hymen maneuver”. I’m not sure what it entails, but I imagine it’s not only saved many lives, it’s probably made many men very happy.

Renee was such a trouper on this date, trying to take care of her fellow Bachelorette — but I’m not sure any out of control emotional person is worth crawling on a bathroom floor for. Juan Pablo tried to talk to Victoria, but she wasn’t having it and wanted to just go home. Our producers understood she wanted to leave, but they really couldn’t let her walk through downtown L.A. at night without a wallet, shoes, and a place to sleep. As much fun as we have on the show, we always really do put safety first.

With that in mind, we were able to take her to a hotel to sleep it off and Juan Pablo and Victoria got to hash it out in the morning. In the end, I respected the fact that Juan Pablo was very blunt and honest with her and let her know that that kind of behavior just isn’t okay around his daughter and she should still go home.

Next week we have another special for you on Sunday night. This special takes a look at all the incredible couples that have come from this show. As we’ll just be a week away, we’ll obviously be spending a lot of time with Sean and Catherine talking about their wedding. Then Monday night, it’s our third episode. The dates continue and as you saw, so does the drama. Some frontrunners are starting to emerge and naturally there’s bound to be jealousy and that usually leads to drama.

As always, have a good Juan!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I notice he didn't mention Kat's date. Was it such a wash?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I notice he didn't mention Kat's date. Was it such a wash?
    It was awful that's why. Reading this, it all seems very blah. JP is a nice guy, his women are okay, it's sort of like Seans season.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

If nothing else comes from this season, that father-daughter date was well worth it when we saw the look on her face and that smile.
    At least they are finally admitting that JPab is not in this for a wife/stepmom.

This particular date with the folks at Models n’ Mutts benefits the Best Friends Animal Society.
    Should rename it the Breast Friends Animal Society.

Either Victoria had a little too much to drink or she was affected by the altitude way up in that building, but either way she was a mess.
    Blame it on the altitude alcohol.

My favorite Victoria quote is, “Life is about straddling people and things.” If you think about it, she’s right! She also introduced us to the new medical procedure the “hymen maneuver”.
    Chris is obviously reading Twitter or message boards.

Renee was such a trouper on this date, trying to take care of her fellow Bachelorette — but I’m not sure any out of control emotional person is worth crawling on a bathroom floor for.
    See! I am not the only one who noticed this!

As always, have a good Juan!
    Haha. I have to admit I'm not annoyed by this meme yet. Although I don't think JPab called them Juan on Juan dates in his blog.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 3 | PopWatch | EW.com

By Chris Harrison on Jan 21, 2014 at 1:05AM

Sunday night we celebrated all the love that’s been found on this show with our special Bachelor Love Stories. I enjoyed looking back at some of these older seasons and reliving some great memories of people who have become very dear friends of mine. Jason really said it best when he said he doesn’t think of The Bachelor as a show, he thinks of it as a family. I couldn’t agree more, my friend. I look forward to seeing all of these friends and more next Sunday night as another beautiful couple, Sean and Catherine, get married live on ABC. It’s going to be an incredible event. We’ve done several of these weddings but we’ve never done one live. I’ve been hoping that we’d do this ever since Trista and Ryan were married. And now, ten years and four weddings later we’re finally holding a wedding live on the air. You’ll see it and hear it just as we do, as it happens. It’s going to be a beautiful night and I can’t wait to celebrate with them.

Now let’s get back to the adventure that is Juan Pablo attempting to find love. Cassandra got the first date this week. It was a very simple date night for a couple of single parents. After cruising around in a water-car, the two headed back to his house for a nice dinner. (We used a different house for Juan Pablo this season because we needed more room for his little girl and his parents when they are all in town.) The meal Juan Pablo cooked was a Venezuelan dish his mom actually helped him make. Not sure if that’s considered cheating or just smart. Cassandra and Juan Pablo seemed to connect on a deep level, understand each other as single parents, and she easily got a rose.

You knew somewhere in this season there was going to be soccer, right? The group date this week was all about Juan Pablo’s love of the beautiful game. The entire crew drove down to the LA Galaxy stadium in Carson for an awesome day. Juan Pablo got to scrimmage with a few of the players for a while before the girls arrived. Not sure if this says something about him, but that’s honestly what he talked about the most when he told me about the date later that week. The ladies did arrive and the soccer hilarity ensued. Juan Pablo put them through the paces before setting up a one-sided game. The real scoring seemed to happen after the game though when Andi went in for the kiss in the concession stand. These two seem to really be into each other and she looked like a sure bet to get the rose. But then Juan Pablo took Sharleen to midfield for a little one-on-one time. Is it just me, or is there just something peculiar about the chemistry between the two of them? I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it’s different. Sharleen and Juan Pablo shared a kiss that they seemed to enjoy, but the other girls definitely didn’t enjoy watching it from the stands. After all that, he threw everyone a curve ball and gave the rose to Nikki.

Just like you knew there would be a soccer date, there also has to be an adrenaline date, and Juan Pablo gave that date to Chelsie. The entire date was in the city of Pasadena. If you drive down the 210 freeway you can see the famous bridge they were on as you pass the Rose Bowl (kind of ironic that the Rose Bowl is right there). I thought Chelsie was going to just step right up and take the leap of faith off that bridge, but her nerves quickly set in and she just wasn’t having it. After quite some time the two of them took the plunge, and then the inevitable analogies to love came falling right after them. In my opinion the best part of this date was after the leap at the beautiful City Hall building. Country star Billy Currington serenaded the couple and Chelsie absolutely loved it, as she knew every song by heart. Not sure Juan Pablo knows any country music, but it was awesome. Chelsie also got a rose on her date, making it a clean sweep for all the ladies with one-on-ones this week.

The next day instead of a cocktail party and regular rose ceremony Juan Pablo decided to surprise the women and show up at the house and cook them arepas for breakfast. I think this brings up an interesting conversation. Was it okay for him to just show up unannounced? Does a woman have the right to decide when a guy gets to see her without makeup when she first wakes up? I found it very interesting to see the reaction from the women. Kelly gave him a quick fly-by before running back upstairs, while single mom Renee couldn’t have cared less and just rolled on into the kitchen. The breakfast then turned into an all-day pool party that some girls enjoyed. Sharleen got very emotional, and she and Juan Pablo had another awkward moment that somehow ended up in a kiss. Clare also got emotional during the day. As you can see, as feelings grow, so does the drama. At the rose ceremony we said goodbye to Lucy and Christie. I think I speak for everybody when I say we’ll miss Lucy and her free spirit.

Next week we leave the friendly confines of the Bachelor Mansion and begin our travels around the world. Next Monday night our first stop is Seoul, South Korea. The ladies and Juan Pablo are extremely excited to hit the road. The Far East will bring exotic dates and locations, but the drama is just about to start! But before all of this travel, I’ll see you all next Sunday night as Sean and Catherine walk down the aisle and become husband and wife!

I would be afraid to go to South Korea.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

I am excited for Jpab to hit the road
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

You knew somewhere in this season there was going to be soccer, right? The group date this week was all about Juan Pablo’s love of the beautiful game. The entire crew drove down to the LA Galaxy stadium in Carson for an awesome day. Juan Pablo got to scrimmage with a few of the players for a while before the girls arrived. Not sure if this says something about him, but that’s honestly what he talked about the most when he told me about the date later that week. The ladies did arrive and the soccer hilarity ensued. Juan Pablo put them through the paces before setting up a one-sided game. The real scoring seemed to happen after the game though when Andi went in for the kiss in the concession stand. These two seem to really be into each other and she looked like a sure bet to get the rose. But then Juan Pablo took Sharleen to midfield for a little one-on-one time. Is it just me, or is there just something peculiar about the chemistry between the two of them? I can’t quite put my finger on it, but it’s different. Sharleen and Juan Pablo shared a kiss that they seemed to enjoy, but the other girls definitely didn’t enjoy watching it from the stands. After all that, he threw everyone a curve ball and gave the rose to Nikki.

The highlighted does not surprise me. Despite the fact that he traded major spit with Andi and Sharleen, there really doesn't seem to be anything there. He is not excited by any of these women, however, soccer gets him going. Just more confirmation to me that he is not here for finding a baby mama for Camilla and not really open to the idea no matter what he says.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 4 | PopWatch | EW.com

By Chris Harrison on Jan 28, 2014 at 1:05AM

On Sunday night I hope you watched live as Sean and Catherine became husband and wife. It was a beautiful weekend up in Santa Barbara and it ended with what I thought was a wonderful family affair. It was great getting to meet Sean and Catherine’s friends and family in the days leading up to the ceremony. They are truly loved and you can clearly see they have the full support from the people who care about them most. I was honored to be a part of their special day and wish Sean and Catherine nothing but the best as they start their new life together as husband and wife. I want to thank the Four Seasons Resort the Biltmore Santa Barbara for providing an incredible backdrop to the wedding weekend. While we’re on the subject of family, I want to mention our Bachelor family had a new addition Monday morning. Congratulations to my dear friends Andrew and Ivana Firestone on the birth of their happy, healthy baby boy!

As we rolled out of Santa Barbara and wedding bliss it was time to get back down to business because Juan Pablo is really just getting into the most important part of his journey to find love. One of my favorite parts of this show is getting to help these contestants experience once in a lifetime opportunities. This week I had the pleasure of surprising the women by telling them it was time to pack their bags and head to Seoul, South Korea. The reaction from the women was incredible and I loved seeing how truly excited they were. When you see Clare in tears because she’s never left the country before, you get to feel just how special this is. Seoul is a huge city, but it has a really personal, quaint feel to it. It was a city that was easy to walk around and get lost in going from market to market. It is a city that has a clear mix of the old and the new.

Nowhere was this more evident than in the first group date. Juan Pablo and the ladies trained and performed with the Korean K-Pop group 2NE1 (Twenty-One). I know some of you may not know who this group is, honestly I didn’t either, but they are huge in Korea. The best way I could compare it is if One Direction showed up at a mall here in the states. Every nook and cranny of this four-story mall was packed with people trying to get a glimpse of this group. It was an awesome way to kick off our travels. Kat obviously relished this opportunity, but Nikki not so much. At the end of the day, all of them had the time of their lives and loved the experience of being on stage, even Nikki. Nikki was definitely the center of the controversy on this date, but do you think the criticism and drama surrounding her is fair? Does she create the drama around her or are the girls starting to not like her because she’s getting so much attention from Juan Pablo? He clearly likes Nikki and gave her the rose once again on the group date.

Sharleen’s one-on-one date was up next. I find them to be the most puzzling and intriguing couple this season. Juan Pablo really likes her and at this point I think considers her to be his number one. The reason I find them so intriguing is at times they appear to have zero chemistry and completely don’t get each other. But then moments later they seem to absolutely understand each other and are making out. She got another rose and will live to see another rose ceremony, but you just have to wonder how long a relationship can survive like this.

On the second group date, Juan Pablo and the ladies set out to take in the culture of Seoul. Much like Nikki, Clare seems to be a target for drama and controversy. I think the same question applies for Clare as well. Is she a drama queen? Does she deserve to be the center of attention, or is she just a front-runner? The other puzzling thing this week is Juan Pablo’s decision to all of a sudden decide to stop kissing girls on this group date. He told Renee he was slowing down with her due to the fact that she’s a mother and he didn’t want to rush anything with her. Then he told others it was because he was a dad and he didn’t want Camilla to see him kissing a bunch of girls. I definitely understand their confusion and frustration on this subject, because he seems to have changed the rules in the middle of the game. They obviously know he’s kissed several of the other women, but now there’s some random moral line he seems to have drawn. In a situation like this, you have to be careful to be clear and consistent or it’s going to lead to confusion and drama for him. When you say one thing and completely do another, obviously it’s going to lead to problems.

The rose ceremony was held in an ancient royal palace that sits in the middle of Seoul. These are moments when you have to stop and take pause and truly try to take in what you’re doing and where you are. This job allows us to see some incredible places and this palace was one of those locations. Nikki and Clare are both front-runners and both are embroiled in the drama and that drama spilled over into the cocktail party before the rose ceremony. Relationships are clearly growing and women are definitely getting territorial and jealous of each other. Elise and Lauren said goodbye and headed back home. Next week the drama continues, but so does the incredible travel. We leave Korea for the exotic country of Vietnam.

Next week, as you saw in the preview, there’s an incident with Clare that will have everybody talking. The big question will be: Whose side are you on? Thanks for watching — and again, congrats to Sean and Catherine!

+ Reply to Thread