+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

I don't think the women that are kept until nearer the end see it as competing against 24 others .... because they're not. A LOT of those women are already gone, long gone. I think darned few of them come in the first night thinking they're going to be chosen "THE ONE" (though the occasional one that does usually makes for entertainment). It's when it's getting down to 6-8, and they presumably have at least a little "history" with Sean, that they start thinking, "Hey maybe this IS it." The odds still are not good, but as so many have said over the years, they have a good connection with the Bachelor or Bachelorette, and they don't know until its all over how much more the B had with their chosen one.

And as entertaining as we viewers may find it to mock and pick on the "contestants" -- if they stop coming, the fun is over. Cut them some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    I don't think the women that are kept until nearer the end see it as competing against 24 others .... because they're not. A LOT of those women are already gone, long gone. I think darned few of them come in the first night thinking they're going to be chosen "THE ONE" (though the occasional one that does usually makes for entertainment). It's when it's getting down to 6-8, and they presumably have at least a little "history" with Sean, that they start thinking, "Hey maybe this IS it." The odds still are not good, but as so many have said over the years, they have a good connection with the Bachelor or Bachelorette, and they don't know until its all over how much more the B had with their chosen one.

And as entertaining as we viewers may find it to mock and pick on the "contestants" -- if they stop coming, the fun is over. Cut them some slack.
    Does that go for the men as well,?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I watched that first episode with a guy who doesn't normally watch and was unspoiled...Just another man I snared into my crazy Bachelor obsession and he now watches on his own for the fun of it. I am so proud...Back to my original point. I wanted to get his take on who Sean was attracted to. Catherine was one of the women who he said..."He really likes her!"

After having watched the whole season, I wonder if Sean is now looking at his own reactions to Catherine and just how different he was with her and maybe realising that he wasn't quite as undecided/conflicted as he thought? His mind may not have know, but, his heart seems to have!
    Midol: Do you or does anyone remember a fairly recent Bachelor who said at the AFTRA that he was strongly drawn to the woman who ended up being his F1 as soon as she got out of the limo and that he "knew instantly that she was the one" but he had to hide it for the entire season?

As I watched this season after seeing how differently and strongly Sean reacted to Catherine right from the start I wonder if that is what happened to him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Does that go for the men as well,?
    Yeah, I guess. But I feel like there's some context to your question that I'm not "getting"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Yeah, I guess. But I feel like there's some context to your question that I'm not "getting"?
    Cutting them some slack. Does that say go for Kalon, who said Emily came with baggage?

I think I like the snark that often comes with ths show so, for me- no slack allowed.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Midol: Do you or does anyone remember a fairly recent Bachelor who said at the AFTRA that he was strongly drawn to the woman who ended up being his F1 as soon as she got out of the limo and that he "knew instantly that she was the one" but he had to hide it for the entire season?

As I watched this season after seeing how differently and strongly Sean reacted to Catherine right from the start I wonder if that is what happened to him too.
    I don't think anyone ever admitted they knew right away and had to hide it the rest of the season, but, I think Brad2 pretty much admitted that he was drawn to Emily as soon as she stepped out of the limo. I do seem to recall quite a strong reaction to his first meeting her...same for Ben and Courtney. Of course, neither of these lasted, so that isn't really a great indicator of things to come. While I think Sean was initially attracted to Cat, I think he also had a strong reaction to several others...Tierra, AshLee, Salma, etc., so I don't think he would fall in that instant attraction camp like the other two. Brad and Ben, while they may have found other women attractive, their strongest initial reactions went to their eventual F1. Sean I think, was all over the place and went for more than just that initial physical attraction...hence why it took him longer to figure things out...with his head. I think his heart figured it out earlier...that's why he lit up around her from at least Montana.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I don't think anyone ever admitted they knew right away and had to hide it the rest of the season, but, I think Brad2 pretty much admitted that he was drawn to Emily as soon as she stepped out of the limo. I do seem to recall quite a strong reaction to his first meeting her...same for Ben and Courtney. Of course, neither of these lasted, so that isn't really a great indicator of things to come. While I think Sean was initially attracted to Cat, I think he also had a strong reaction to several others...Tierra, AshLee, Salma, etc., so I don't think he would fall in that instant attraction camp like the other two. Brad and Ben, while they may have found other women attractive, their strongest initial reactions went to their eventual F1. Sean I think, was all over the place and went for more than just that initial physical attraction...hence why it took him longer to figure things out...with his head. I think his heart figured it out earlier...that's why he lit up around her from at least Montana.
    Midol:
    Thanks. It was probably Brad that I was remembering.

And I completely agree that first attraction does not always mean longlasting relationship since recent scientific studies of the brain show that first attraction/infatuation occurs in one part of the brain but the emotions of longlasting love occur in a very different area.

They also say that first attraction is primarily physical and is based on the kinds of pheremones an individual exudes.

Being attracted to someone and falling in love with someone are two distinct and fascinating processes.

It's my own opinion that women tend to be better at recognizing the difference between the two, especially as a survival mechanism in identifying which male is going to stick around and help raise and protect the offspring and which one will be on down the road as soon as the infatuation evaporates as it inevitably does.

FORT Fogey

Sean seemed to think he was in love with Emily, but it was just one-sided infatuation. Also, someone posted that Catherine isn't religious, but is trying to be. But, people either are, or aren't, religious. Sean and Catherine could end up clashing because of the religous/non-religious dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Sean seemed to think he was in love with Emily, but it was just one-sided infatuation. Also, someone posted that Catherine isn't religious, but is trying to be. But, people either are, or aren't, religious. Sean and Catherine could end up clashing because of the religous/non-religious dynamic.
    Catherine has said she always believed in God but was raised learning about different religions. It seems she has been going to a non-demonimational church. She may not be nearly as strong in her faith as Sean is, but she is a believer and does go to church. That's something they can do together.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I have to disagree with the bolded part of your statement. Just thinking about that statement for a couple minutes and I came up with more than a dozen people I know who either were religous as young people and fell away from their faith. And, the opposite, folks who had no religion but through marriage, or a friend or some circumstance found faith and became deeply religous. So, while I agree that it might cause a problem, that is not necessarily the case.
    cubsfan55, AZChristian and Midol like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread