+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    That's already been done — with her royal b****iness Vienna.

Yeah but look what she won!
    navybelle likes this.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 4 | PopWatch | EW.com

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 4
    by Chris Harrison

This week’s road trip took us to the home of Michelle Money and Bentley: Park City, Utah. We stayed at the Canyons resort, which has a beautiful Waldorf Astoria hotel and spa. If you get the opportunity, it’s well worth checking out this property, and Park City itself is incredible, especially the time of year we were there. As you could see, the trees had just changed and the scenery was breathtaking.

Rachel received the first one-on-one date, and although it got off to an upbeat start in a chopper, it was a rough ride in many ways. Between the altitude and the helicopter Rachel wasn’t feeling great and the date was a bit awkward at first. Thankfully, she recovered. The lake they went to was deep into the woods, and at night Rachel got a little freaked out at just how dark it was. It’s the stuff scary movies are made of. We didn’t really show this, but Rachel is an absolute disaster when it comes to making s’mores. She got chocolate all over herself and everything else for that matter. In the end Rachel rallied and let her guard down just enough to get a rose, but she’ll have to do more to hang with the women who are out to win it with Ben.

The group date was pure Park City, horseback riding and trout fishing — with a little bit of back stabbing, trash-talking and emotion on the side. The relationships between Courtney and most of the women continued to be strained, but particularly the one between her and Emily. Courtney didn’t seem to put any energy into changing the direction her relationship was going with the women, but she put a lot of energy into improving her connection with Ben. Courtney is a great player and incredibly competitive; Ben is the ultimate prize and she has made it very clear she will do anything to win that prize. Now the big question is: Is this a big game to Courtney or does she really have feelings for Ben? I mentioned Michelle Money at the top of this blog and it’s ironic we’re near her hometown. I wonder if Courtney is much like Michelle Money during her season. Michelle had a quick wit and sharp dry sense of humor that was largely misunderstood during the season, but she is now one of the most beloved figures in our Bachelor family. Courtney also seems to have that dry sense of humor and a sharp tongue. Will she also end up becoming a beloved member of our family? Only time will tell.

Jennifer got the final date this week and to be honest Ben wasn’t too hopeful that this was going to go that well. He liked Jen but just wasn’t sure that there was a deeper connection there. After dropping into that crater and getting caught in the rain, Ben saw more than enough to give her the rose. The Clay Walker concert at the end of the night was a great event. We made it public days before that we were holding a concert and everybody in Park City was invited. As you saw, a ton of fans showed up to help make it a great night.

With the way things were brewing, emotions were bound to boil over at the cocktail party. The rose ceremony was held just up the road in Deer Valley. The other women warned Emily not to use her valuable time with Ben trash-talking Courtney, but that’s exactly what she did. This was a huge mistake on many levels. First of all, Ben clearly likes Courtney, and secondly he hates drama, especially when it’s thrown in his face. Ben politely told Emily to move on or it could lead to her own demise. This was a tactical error on Emily’s part. She just didn’t think the whole thing through and it definitely hurt her. My dad is a wonderful man and he gave me some very sound advice growing up: Don’t ever start a fight or throw a punch unless you are prepared to get hit back twice as hard. Emily picked a fight and threw a punch and wasn’t at all ready to be hit back. Courtney is a formidable opponent, and if Emily is going to really take her on she better rethink her strategy or Courtney will have the last laugh. Next week as you heard we’re off to exotic Puerto Rico. It was sweet of Courtney to let everybody know right after the toast that she was just there… Oh this is about to get really good.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

He doesn't say anything about Samantha leaving. Hmm.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Hopefully Ben will talk about Samantha in his blog.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Samantha will be mentioned again. He would have done that in this blog. There is definately something fishy. There is a lot of buzz about it. Google will probably bring you to the rumors.

Sounds to me like Chris Harrison is trying to make everyone love Courtney by comparing her to Michelle. She is nothing like Michelle as far as I can tell...you could tell Michelle was joking when she was on the show...Courtney and her stupid little thing she does with her mouth is not the same....

I could never tell when Michelle was joking, she was horrible. Now everyone loves her.She was cast as the crazy one wasn't she? I think CH sees more of every girl than we do. Although, I cant say I give a fig what CH thinks

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 5 | PopWatch | EW.com

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 5
    by Chris Harrison

Let the exotic travels begin. We left Park City, Utah and until the hometown dates that’s the last we’ll see of the continental United States. Our first tropical destination was a very small island off the coast of Puerto Rico called Vieques. We stayed at the very modern W hotel that sits right on its beautiful beaches.

When the girls arrived they came ashore via boat. You couldn’t really tell, but the surf was pretty big that day and the captain had a difficult time getting the boat on the beach so the ladies could get out. They finally got the boat as close as they could and the women had to jump for it. Just as they were getting out, a big wave hit the boat turning it sideways and the women scrambled for safety. Thankfully, none of them got hurt and we all laughed it off. Telling the women that all of them were getting dates this week really took the pressure off — you could feel a huge weight lifted off their shoulders, and everybody relaxed.

Nicki got the first one-on-one date this week. I know it seemed crazy, but the rain really does come out of the blue like it did on that date. That happened several times while we were in Puerto Rico. This was probably the most intense rainstorm we’ve seen on a date in a while. Everyone was totally unprepared, but quick thinking and a good attitude from Ben and Nicki actually made the date even more fun, as they donned local attire and just went along for the ride. The wedding in the middle of the town square was huge, and I know it was an emotional moment for Nicki. The atmosphere and excitement around the church as the bells tolled really captured the feeling of Old San Juan. By the way, if you get a chance there’s a great mom and pop restaurant I ate at while in Old San Juan that was incredible. It’s called Fefo’s deli & tapas. Just ask what the catch of the day is and tell the family to order for you. You won’t regret it.

The group date was very cool, at least for Ben and me. Getting to hang out at Roberto Clemente Stadium and play on the field all day was awesome. Yes, I took my turn at the plate and then pitched to some of our crew. I summoned my inner Ty Pennington and called the girls in with my bullhorn to set up the game and what was on the line. The game turned out to be incredibly close and competitive. In fact, it was too good. We had a very tight schedule with the helicopter landing and getting the losing team and our crew to the airport so we could get the last planes back to Vieques Island. The game went three extra innings and there was no way to play another. We were scrambling thinking of what we could do — including just send everybody to the beach date — when Jennifer struck out to end the game just in time for us to get to the airport. If you wonder what I was doing during the game, I was sitting in the stands with my bullhorn, heckling Ben. If you give a guy a bullhorn he is suddenly ten years old again. I’m pretty sure those are also lyrics from a Jimmy Buffet song.

Elyse finally got her one-on-one date, but you should be careful what you wish for. Elyse and Jennifer both went home this week, and both asked a question we all ask when we get dumped: What did I do wrong? Sometimes there is that event you can point to, but oftentimes nobody did anything “wrong.” That was the case with both Elyse and Jennifer. Neither did anything wrong to upset Ben, but this doesn’t make a breakup easier. In fact, it often makes it tougher as it just doesn’t make sense to the other person. That ‘s one of the things I think that makes this show so amazing to watch and work on. It’s incredibly relatable. We’ve all been there at some point in our lives. We’ve all been in Elyse, Jennifer or even Ben’s shoes and it’s never easy to do or handle.

Before we go, we obviously have to discuss Courtney and what she pulled this week. It will be up to you to decide if it was right or wrong, or if she went too far. Love her or hate her, you have to give the girl credit for doing what it takes to find time with Ben and win his heart. I wonder if the things Courtney does would upset everybody as much if she didn’t follow it up with some of the stuff she says. A couple of quotes really stood out to me this week and I’m sure you noticed them too. When she was going to see Ben she said, “I don’t know if he’s ever skinny dipped with a model before.” Then when the good times were over she said, “I feel like I’m winning.” Now, beyond the fact that the whole “winning” thing wasn’t very cute or funny when a messed-up Charlie Sheen said it, the fact that she keeps saying she’s winning is worrisome.

As you saw at the end of the show, this is something that will continue to work itself out in the coming weeks. I was very sorry to see Emily take a huge step forward in realizing her mistake in talking about Courtney all the time… only to fall right back on the same sword and talk about Courtney. You could really tell this agitated Ben, and once again he warned her to back off. You also saw next week that there is obviously an incident involving Casey S. What I’ll tell you is this has something to do with her personal life back home and it concerned me enough to step in and talk to her about it. In next week’s blog I’ll explain exactly why I did what I did and how some of it was related to my regret of how I handled the Bentley situation with Ashley.

Until then, crank up the old Van Halen because we are off to Panama! I know that song was written in reference to Panama City, Florida but it’s fitting nonetheless. And if you are too young and don’t get the Jimmy Buffet or Van Halen references, then you’re a lost cause and I can’t help you. So forget about it, and I’ll see ya next week.

Well I'm really glad to hear he regrets the Bentley mess.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Chris has always struck me as being a nice man. I think he was really sorry about the whole Bentley situation and how Bentley was needlessly cruel to Ashley.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread