+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' finale | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

It’s hard to believe this season is already over. I guess when it’s this good it just feels like it flies by. Just judging by the response of Bachelor Nation, this was easily one of our best seasons ever. I really love how we’ve started doing the finale as a three-hour Bachelor-watching event. I know that’s how many of you watch the show and to me it feels like one big viewing party all across the country.

This final episode took place in and around the town of Chiang Rai, Thailand. It gave us a beautiful backdrop to an incredible ending. Sean’s house, where the ‘meet the parents’ dates took place, was actually in town and that’s the property where the proposal later took place. But the dates actually took place up where the rest of us were staying which was the Anantara Golden Triangle Resort. This resort was about an hour away from Sean’s place and it sits right on the Golden Triangle just above the Mekong River. I felt like both Catherine and Lindsay had very good meetings with Sean’s parents and family. I think after seeing what a loving, caring, sincere man Sean’s dad is it’s easy to see the apple didn’t fall far from the tree. Both women seem to fit nicely with Sean’s family and both equally seemed accepted. I know Sean was looking for some sign to make his final decision a little easier, but it definitely didn’t happen by meeting the family.

I always have a tough time on proposal day because I know the first person to arrive is about to be hurt and is hoping for something that’s just not going to happen. But this season was extra tough. Because Sean is so sincere and has been so open and honest with these women, it has led to the building of two solid relationships. As Sean said, he was in love with both of these women and I truly believe he meant that. In a strange way, I think Sean may have done too good of a job this season. I can’t remember a time where the Bachelor has had such a strong connection with both of the final two women.

When Lindsay arrived and got out of the car on that final day, I knew it was going to be brutal. First of all, you couldn’t tell on the show but we had a pretty lengthy walk to get to Sean. Lindsay was nervous, but excited for what she thought was going to be a magnificent proposal for her. I really have to give it to her — Lindsay handled the situation with class and left with dignity. I wouldn’t expect anything less from her, but in those situations you just never know what’s going to happen and what you’ll get. I’m interested to know your thoughts on how Sean continued to try to explain how much he loved her and how much he cared for her. It was really important for him that she knew how hard that moment was for him.

It kind of reminded me of when AshLee left without saying a word and Sean was upset because that took away his moment to explain. He wanted her to hear his side of the story. What are the rules in a breakup like that? Do you think he went too far in telling Lindsay he loved her and repeatedly telling her how tough this was on him? Lindsay was obviously blindsided by this, and as you saw last night, even though she’s doing great, there are still raw emotions and hurt feelings.

When Catherine arrived, she was beaming. She couldn’t stop smiling. She was very nervous but she too arrived thinking she was about to receive a beautiful proposal. I thought the proposal was fantastic. Sean did a great job of finally telling Catherine all the things he’s wanted to say the last couple weeks. I absolutely love Catherine’s reaction to the proposal. It just felt real and honest. I never get the impression she’s being anything but genuine and I like that in her. As you could clearly see last night, these two are madly in love and doing great.

I’ve talked to Sean several times over the past few months while he and Catherine continued to grow their relationship in private and it has been nothing but fantastic. Every time he talked of her it was with love and adoration and, as you saw last night, that love has only grown. I’m very excited for their future plans together. Sean and Catherine will be gearing up for a huge summer and I can’t wait for that. I’m extremely happy for both of them and wish them nothing but love and success in the future.

Speaking of the future, let’s discuss the choice of Desiree as the new Bachelorette. Much like with Sean’s season, we had an embarrassment of riches. As I’ve said, publicly there were several women from this last season who would have made a fantastic Bachelorette, but in every conversation we had, Des kept rising to the top of that list. She really is what the show was built on, a true Cinderella story. She is that girl next door and that diamond in the rough, and she is ready for her moment. She’s a sweet, sincere woman who has the chops to handle anything that is thrown her way. I look forward to taking this journey with her as I know it will be another incredible, and yes, dramatic season.

I want to end this season with a couple personal notes. Once again I just want to thank you for watching. You showed up this season in record numbers to watch Sean fall in love. This franchise is stronger than it’s ever been only because you make it so. I also want to take a moment to talk about a new personal endeavor that I’m extremely excited about. Yesterday, I launched my new clothing line the Chris Harrison Collection by DaVinci. It’s a men’s clothing line that will of course have suits and ties but also casual wear as well. The outfit I wore last night on the show was actually from my new collection. If you like what you see me wear on the show or just want to check out the collection, go to DaVinciClothing.com. This has been a nerve-wracking but exciting last few months putting all this together but with the help of my good friend and designer Christopher Wicks from DaVinci I really feel proud of what we have produced. For more on the line I hope you’ll start following me @ClothingByChris and you can also follow me and find the latest on the collection and the show @ChrisBHarrison.

Thank you in advance for your support and I look forward to seeing all of the men out there dressed just a little bit better when we premiere The Bachelorette on May 20th.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just took a quick look at the clothing. Some of it is way too effeminate for my taste. Maybe I'm just an old fuddy-duddy.

FORT Fan

Does anyone but CH think that Sean was "completely open and honest" with Lindsey? He strung her along as he as much as admitted when he told Lindsey last night that he felt an immediate and strong attraction to Catherine the first time they met and that never changed.

the property where the proposal later took place.
    Sean's family probably watched it out their window!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Sean's family probably watched it out their window!
    According to the blog of Sean's sister, the family was on their way home by the time the proposal took place.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Does anyone but CH think that Sean was "completely open and honest" with Lindsey? He strung her along as he as much as admitted when he told Lindsey last night that he felt an immediate and strong attraction to Catherine the first time they met and that never changed.
    The whole premise of the show does not allow anyone to be completely open and honest. I think he did feel an immediate and strong attraction to Catherine the first time they met and that continued to grow, but, he also felt an immediate attraction to lots of women that first night...Tierra, AshLee, Des, Sarah, Selma, etc. Some progressed while others went down hill quickly. If anyone feels upset that they may be misled during the course of the show ... cough, AshLee ... then they really have no business coming on the show. Your odds are 25 : 1, so really, you should be figuring out that chances are you won't get the prize.
    ness, nanarama, ilja and 2 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    The whole premise of the show does not allow anyone to be completely open and honest. I think he did feel an immediate and strong attraction to Catherine the first time they met and that continued to grow, but, he also felt an immediate attraction to lots of women that first night...Tierra, AshLee, Des, Sarah, Selma, etc. Some progressed while others went down hill quickly. If anyone feels upset that they may be misled during the course of the show ... cough, AshLee ... then they really have no business coming on the show. Your odds are 25 : 1, so really, you should be figuring out that chances are you won't get the prize.
    THERE ya go!

To me, coming on this show would kinda be like being one of twenty-five people taking turns going into a mud pit trying to catch a greased pig with a diamond necklace around its neck.

Catch the pig in the shortest amount of time, and you get to keep the bling..

But what are the real chances that you'd actually CATCH the damned thing, in the FIRST place?

Plus, there're twenty-five OTHER people you've got to try to out-run, too (not to MENTION takin' out Porky!).

Thanks, but no thanks.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    One thing they never showed in repeats of Catherine out of the limo is that Sean said WOW! when he first saw her and his mouth dropped open. In later shows when they did all those "And then there is..." it probably would have said too much about his initial reaction to her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    One thing they never showed in repeats of Catherine out of the limo is that Sean said WOW! when he first saw her and his mouth dropped open. In later shows when they did all those "And then there is..." it probably would have said too much about his initial reaction to her.
    I watched that first episode with a guy who doesn't normally watch and was unspoiled...Just another man I snared into my crazy Bachelor obsession and he now watches on his own for the fun of it. I am so proud...Back to my original point. I wanted to get his take on who Sean was attracted to. Catherine was one of the women who he said..."He really likes her!"

After having watched the whole season, I wonder if Sean is now looking at his own reactions to Catherine and just how different he was with her and maybe realising that he wasn't quite as undecided/conflicted as he thought? His mind may not have know, but, his heart seems to have!
    NCLurker likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I do recall noticing that Sean was particularly attracted to the more 'exotic' women.

+ Reply to Thread