+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

I am sorry I keep calling Emily's season Ashley H's season because I was thinkinG about Ben's bad exit v. AshLee's. Either that or I am losing what is left of my mind

BTW ... FM ... I do agree with the sentiment in your signature line.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Sean is a good man. Unfortunately I have lost respect for him with his decision to not have sex until marriage. It reallly throws me into the abyss of organized religion bullsh*t. Why on the ever loven' earth is sex wrong or bad in any way???!!!! Makes me nuts to think about it. What a delightful, wonderful, good, sensual, loving, pleasurealbe thing to do!!!!!!! Christians drive me totally over the bend. What and why do you tinink this is good and sex is bad? Really why? I am at at a total loss. I have never understood a lot of this belief.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

If I remember correctly, Sean did not say he would abstain from sex until marriage. He said he would wait to have sex until he found the woman he knew he was going to marry.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

To the Point

I don't think you would find many Christians who would say sex is bad. Most Christians do believe it should be a wait until marriage thing, but I actually think most think it is a wonderful thing in the right context.

That being said, I have no interest in turning this thread, or any other, into a discussion about spiritual beliefs. I think debating them serves no purpose. I was just clearing up what in my mind seemed an extreme misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    If I remember correctly, Sean did not say he would abstain from sex until marriage. He said he would wait to have sex until he found the woman he knew he was going to marry.
    Yup that's what he said, and its totally his choice - which I respect.I don't need to understand why, that's why I love this country, we all have choices.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Sean is a good man. Unfortunately I have lost respect for him with his decision to not have sex until marriage. It reallly throws me into the abyss of organized religion bullsh*t. Why on the ever loven' earth is sex wrong or bad in any way???!!!! Makes me nuts to think about it. What a delightful, wonderful, good, sensual, loving, pleasurealbe thing to do!!!!!!! Christians drive me totally over the bend. What and why do you tinink this is good and sex is bad? Really why? I am at at a total loss. I have never understood a lot of this belief.
    I don't think Sean has ever indicated that sex is a bad thing. He has been hinting that it is difficult to remain celibate now that he has found the one. My understanding is that waiting is a way of making the sex more special ... to be shared with that someone special...not just anyone.

Caveat...I fall in that middle age range and may seem like an old fuddy duddy to some here, but, I must admit that it does seem that to many today, sex is just something that you do because it is expected or because everyone does it...often, not even because you enjoy it! I hear it from people all the time...at work and my friends. In fact, it was one of my friends, who had been seeing someone for several months, that flabbergasted me the most one night. We were talking about something to do with her boyfriend...I can't even remember what, I was so astonished...and I asked her, if she wanted to know, why didn't she just ask him? And she replied...wait for it..."Because I don't know him well enough." I had to pick my jaw up off the floor and suggested that perhaps things should have worked the other way around.
    NCLurker, ness, fireflyer and 4 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I don't think Sean has ever indicated that sex is a bad thing. He has been hinting that it is difficult to remain celibate now that he has found the one. My understanding is that waiting is a way of making the sex more special ... to be shared with that someone special...not just anyone.

Caveat...I fall in that middle age range and may seem like an old fuddy duddy to some here, but, I must admit that it does seem that to many today, sex is just something that you do because it is expected or because everyone does it...often, not even because you enjoy it! I hear it from people all the time...at work and my friends. In fact, it was one of my friends, who had been seeing someone for several months, that flabbergasted me the most one night. We were talking about something to do with her boyfriend...I can't even remember what, I was so astonished...and I asked her, if she wanted to know, why didn't she just ask him? And she replied...wait for it..."Because I don't know him well enough." I had to pick my jaw up off the floor and suggested that perhaps things should have worked the other way around.
    I think sex is given too freely. These types of shows where everyone thinks SEX right away in the so called 'fantasy suite' doesn't help . I say WTG Sean, if indeed this is what he wants to do. I have no problem at all with him.I am darn sure his F1 doesn't
    NCLurker, yourefired, ness and 3 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

This might be too personal, but I've made a decision much like Sean has. While it does have something to do with my religious beliefs, it also has to do with seeing how it makes some girls and guys act and not wanting to be like that. As someone who is young in age, I've seen all too often how girls compromise themselves because of sex. I don't want to be like that. I would rather wait til I'm with someone I can see forever with. Sure I may not wait til I'm married, but I would rather wait for it to be more special than a random one night stand.

Oh and I don't view sex as a bad thing, just as something that shouldn't be taken as lightly as some today take it to be.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Here's TMI. I've been married to the same man for 48+ years. We are both Christians and our first time together (our wedding night) was the first time for both of us with anyone. We don't think sex is bad. We think sex is REALLY GOOD. And too special (dare I say "sacred") to treat like an everyday "what the heck, it feels good" experience with multiple people.

I don't put down those with different points of view. We can disagree, but it's better if we can do so respectfully. And that's all I have to say about it.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Okay...turn away from sex, y'all! Sean made his choice, we have ours, but this is not the thread or the forum to debate it.

Thanks.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread