+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

I don't agree that Sean's feelings for Des should overcome any awkwardness on a hometown date. That's the whole reason for hometown dates. You want to see where the person came from and if you could see your families melding. As one of my sons-in-law once told my youngest daughter, "You really don't just marry the person. You marry the family." I know that relationships have been and can be successfull when inlaw relationships don't work, but if you are looking for defining qualities to know who among a group is right for you and one family member made you very uncomfortable...I can see that imagining Thanksgivings together would give you pause, even if you really cared for that woman very much. And remember, Sean has said how important family is to him. He is very close to his own family and would have the expectation of being close to the family of the woman he chooses. The whole Romeo and Juliet scenario sounds romantic, but in practice, family harmony is important as it has been cited as a major cause for marital strife.

If Sean didn't really care for Des, the decision would've been much easier. Since he needed a reason to send someone home and he had such an uncomfortable evening with Des's family, it prompted him to make the choice he made.
    Florimel, Midol and sparklete like this.

FORT Regular

If Sean had picked Des, the brother would definitely drive Sean away in the long-run. Sean used some good ole wisdom when sending her home at that point. If it had gotten further, Des would be more than just a mess. She's a very sensitive woman.
    Kip likes this.

Well. Yes Des was upset. She had many reasons to be. If it already felt to us viewers that he was really into her. She even stated to her family that he was more into her then the other girls. Yes You have to play being in to many girls when you are a bachelor but you do not have to play it so intense that you know the girls will be heart broken.

I think Sean is more worried about his image to the viewers. He wants to stay every bodies favourite golden boy. But that is my opinion. I know I am one of few who think Sean is not so nice as (he and the producers) they try to show he is.
    teatime likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I don't agree that Sean's feelings for Des should overcome any awkwardness on a hometown date. That's the whole reason for hometown dates. You want to see where the person came from and if you could see your families melding. As one of my sons-in-law once told my youngest daughter, "You really don't just marry the person. You marry the family." I know that relationships have been and can be successfully when inlaw relationships don't work, but if you are looking for defining qualities to know who among a group is right for you and one family member made you very uncomfortable...I can see that imagining Thanksgivings together would give you pause, even if you really cared for that woman very much. And remember, Sean has said how important family is to him. He is very close to his own family and would have the expectation of being close to the family of the woman he chooses. The whole Romeo and Juliet scenario sounds romantic, but in practice, family harmony is important as it has been cited as a major cause for marital strife.
    If Sean didn't really care for Des, the decision would've been much easier. Since he needed a reason to send someone home and he had such an uncomfortable evening with Des's family, it prompted him to make the choice he made.
    I think as we see it unfold, sending home takes minutes, when, in reality( for them all) it takes a lot longer than that. I could tell he was upset.It was Des going home or Catherine, I think he made the choice that was right for him.After all, he is on this show for a reason.

Again, I wish him well
    nanarama and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Well. Yes Des was upset. She had many reasons to be. If it already felt to us viewers that he was really into her. She even stated to her family that he was more into her then the other girls. Yes You have to play being in to many girls when you are a bachelor but you do not have to play it so intense that you know the girls will be heart broken.

I think Sean is more worried about his image to the viewers. He wants to stay every bodies favourite golden boy. But that is my opinion. I know I am one of few who think Sean is not so nice as (he and the producers) they try to show he is.
    I understand what you mean, however, it is hard to know just how much intensity is enough to give to different people so that they would get that clue. Some people are better at reading body language, tone of voice, etc. For instance, it is clear to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Sean is not physically into AshLee and yet, she has no idea. Some people are just not that good at getting that clue...even when hit over the head with it. I know people in real life who during business meetings do not know when to shut up and move on from a point they have already made ten times...even though everyone is getting restless and they have been told about this habit of theirs during evaluations. I can't imagine not being able to be honest with people and trying to give them subtle hints so not to hurt them, and yet, they are not getting it and you have a job to do which basically entails, leading them on.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I understand what you mean, however, it is hard to know just how much intensity is enough to give to different people so that they would get that clue. Some people are better at reading body language, tone of voice, etc. For instance, it is clear to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that Sean is not physically into AshLee and yet, she has no idea. Some people are just not that good at getting that clue...even when hit over the head with it. I know people in real life who during business meetings do not know when to shut up and move on from a point they have already made ten times...even though everyone is getting restless and they have been told about this habit of theirs during evaluations. I can't imagine not being able to be honest with people and trying to give them subtle hints so not to hurt them, and yet, they are not getting it and you have a job to do which basically entails, leading them on.
    So how much do you charge per therapeutic hour? For a friend of course, for a friend.

Back on topic: I still respect and like Sean even if he still is not my type and unfortunately did not take Arie's lessons as seriously as needed.

And I did notice the part by Chris coming right out and saying that Tierra was not a plant and was not kept due to the producers' influence.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    So how much do you charge per therapeutic hour? For a friend of course, for a friend.

Back on topic: I still respect and like Sean even if he still is not my type and unfortunately did not take Arie's lessons as seriously as needed.

And I did notice the part by Chris coming right out and saying that Tierra was not a plant and was not kept due to the producers' influence.
    Maybe I should start charging...people are always spilling their guts to me even when I wish they wouldn't.

We must have similar tastes because Sean is not my regular type either...Arie is, however, I've always been more attracted by the goofy, nerdy types and despite Sean' beefcake status, he seems like a goof at heart. No matter how initially attracted to someone, if they are a jerk, that attraction goes down the tubes...fast! Sean kind of grew on me as I got to know him better...not so much on the show, but, his tweets, interviews, etc. He became more attractive because of his personality, not his looks.

As for CH, I take everything he says with a grain of salt. He is the mouthpiece of the organization and has been known to not tell the truth and exaggerate just a tad. I don't think Tierra is an actress, but, they sure knew what they were getting when they cast her. Her psych exams would have exposed her weaknesses and then they just went about exploiting them. I don't know when Sean started clueing in about her, but, I have no doubt that they...and I include CH here...tried to soothe any worries so that he would keep her as long as possible.

I am curious to see how CH will handle Tierra at the WTA today...although, I'm not certain she will even show up despite what he has said.

WTA films today?
    When does it air?
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    WTA films today?
    When does it air?
    A week from Monday, March 4th.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    WTA films today?
    When does it air?
    Yes, they are filming today. I think it airs on March 4th ... the week before the finale.

+ Reply to Thread