+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

That description sounds like a make up challenge for FaceOff.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I would enjoy having him (host), giving himself (Bachelor), a pep talk about the women! How to decide who to keep?
    Yes, and he has to remind himself at the RC,that there is only one rose remaining.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

And that this will be the most memorable Rose Ceremony EVER

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    And that this will be the most memorable Rose Ceremony EVER
    Oh yes, evah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Time to get back on topic (even though I think he is too old for the part) and discuss his blog, not his pick-up chances.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

The group date was interesting, to say the least. I put the roller derby idea right up there with the Muay Thai boxing date during Ashley’s season in Chiang Mai.
    Of course he'd say this. "Right up there" with being a stupid idea for a date! Both of those activities were dangerous and did not give us or the Bach/ette a chance to really get to know the contestants any better.

Then, he says they didn't expect Sarah to have so much trouble??? Really. How would they like to fall down without a hand on their left side to help them? It scared me to see her out there. I'm SO glad they didn't actually play the game, and just skated around instead.

It is interesting that he alludes to the difficulty Sean will have eliminating some of these women, since he is connecting so well with quite a few of them!

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 5 | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

This is always an exciting time in the season for all of us here at The Bachelor. It’s that time when I get to walk in and let the ladies know it’s time to pack our bags and hit the road for the remainder of this adventure. There is always a period of time during a season when you realize things have changed. I often don’t fully realize just how pivotal this time really is until I have time to reflect upon it. The next three episodes were really pivotal time for Sean, as well as for the women. So, it’s with that in mind that we begin this very special two-day Bachelor marathon.

I woke the ladies up early the morning after the last rose ceremony to let them know they had just a couple hours to pack their bags to leave for Whitefish, Montana. I have loved the experience of traveling all around the world with this show. We have been to many incredible places, but to me it’s the little diamonds in the rough that we stumble upon that really turn me on. Whitefish is this quaint little fishing and ski town that sits right below Glacier National Park and it is truly a great example of a beautiful diamond in the rough.

Lindsay got the first one-on-one date this week. She’s an interesting woman to watch this season, and it’s hard to figure out exactly who she is. The first night she was so goofy with the wedding dress stunt that Sean nearly sent her home right away. Yet, here she is, and after this date with Sean she’s now one of the front-runners. Sean definitely likes the ladies that make life easy on him and have a good sense of humor and Lindsay fits that bill. She easily secured the rose and then the date spilled out into the streets of Whitefish for what I think is one of the coolest moments of the season. Just about the entire town of Whitefish gathered on Main Street in front of a stage we built for a concert with country star Sara Darling.

Sara put on a great show and then afterwards waited around to greet anybody who wanted to say Hi or get an autograph. Afterwards many of the fans and several of us found one of the local watering holes and the party and good times went deep into the night long after Sean and Lindsay went home. I really love how in some of our dates we are able to really embrace and involve a community like this.

The group date was a big redneck relay race. The women were so excited when they walked up to me that day. It was funny to watch their faces as I explained to them all the things they would have to do during this race, but nothing hit them harder than when I told them somebody would have to drink goat milk. I love Lesley’s attitude about it, though, when she said, “I’m gonna chug that goat’s milk like it’s my job.” Desiree and Lesley are two women that don’t care what it takes. They will go to great lengths to get time with Sean. The actual race was a bit of a disaster, especially the canoe race. Apparently the women involved have never seen such a contraption before, much less ever been in one.

The race came down to the red team having to drink the goat milk to win. That’s when Desiree, by herself, began to chug the goat’s milk “like it was her job.” It was disgusting to stand there and watch that. I was trying to make sure she was drinking most of it but I was almost gagging watching it. Interested to know your thoughts on Sean later inviting the losing blue team to join the winning red team at the party. Was this another case of Sean being too nice, or as AshLee said, was it a case of Sean really wanting to see some of the girls on that blue team? Either way, the move didn’t go over well with the red team that felt they had earned that time with him. As if inviting the other team wasn’t bad enough, Sean then gave the rose to one of the women that needed to be emotionally rescued and reassured. We have seen Sean do this several times this season with Tierra and it’s becoming a pattern that the ladies are noticing.

Tierra and Jackie learned they were the unlucky ones who would be going on the dreaded two-on-one date this season. There will be a lot said about Tierra this season and I may be hammered by people for saying this, but the woman is good at what she does. It may not be pretty or nice, but if her goal is to stir up the pot get the other women off their games and “win” Sean, then she’s doing just that. She snuck over to the group date party the night before her date just to steal a little time with Sean to plant the seed for the next day. While all the other women are going crazy talking about Tierra to Sean she’s able to perfectly play the victim. I don’t feel like sweet little Jackie ever stood a chance against a professional assassin like Tierra. It was a mismatch from the start and as much as fans didn’t want to see it, the unthinkable happened, and Sean kept Tierra… again.

The cocktail party was a complete disaster this week. It was really the boiling point for all involved. The ladies finally had enough of Tierra’s antics and Sean finally had enough of all of it. You saw a brief bit of the ladies having it out with Tierra, but there was much of it you didn’t see. The battle got extremely intense and lasted for hours and spilled from room to room. Sean was beginning to get really aggravated by all the drama and he also caught a firsthand glimpse at Tierra in full beat-down mode. The night, and really the week in general, was not a good one for Sean. When I sat down with him he was not in a good place and was questioning his entire journey. This is one of those times where my experience really pays off. Sean didn’t need a confrontational deliberation this night. He needed to be questioned, but also just reassured that this too would pass. Sean said goodbye to Robyn at the rose ceremony but he honestly considered saying goodbye to the whole thing.

So after a really rough week in the beautiful town of Whitefish it’s off to Lake Louise in Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada to try to turn this thing around. Remember, this was just night one of a two night Bachelor extravaganza. Tonight, at a special time, 9 p.m. (8 p.m. Central) you will get to see our week in Canada, and while things turn around it’s not without its fair share of drama, tears, running mascara and, yes, paramedics. I’ll see you again tonight and I’ll have another blog up tomorrow to wrap up the show.

I wonder if they have paramedics on retainer for this season?
    ness and jucamer like this.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 6 | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

I hope that everybody is still employed and okay after two straight days of Bachelor drama. I know that’s a lot of boxed wine and chocolate consumed in a very short time period. This week, we left the quaint little town of Whitefish, Montana for the breathtaking vistas of Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada. The Fairmont Lake Louise is one of the more majestic places we have stayed in all our trips around the world. If you ever get the chance to see the crystal blue waters and the mountains that surround this lake, you really need to do so.

Catherine got the first one-on-one date this week. She’s an interesting figure in the house as we really haven’t had the opportunity see her that much and don’t really know her that well, nor does Sean. So this was a pivotal date for her to show him what she’s all about. The date they went on was easily one of the coldest we’ve ever had. I put it up there with Ali’s two-on-one date on a glacier in Iceland. It was absolutely brutal with the wind blowing ice sideways. Catherine could have been a diva and complained and I don’t think anybody would have blamed her. Instead, she took it all in stride and made the best of it and had Sean laughing and smiling all day. At night, in this incredible ice castle that we had constructed just outside the hotel just for them, Catherine also showed Sean she has a deeper side as she opened up about a tragedy from her childhood. This date definitely helped Sean forget about last week’s rough times and get him back on the right track.

Then it was time for the group date. This week’s group date, the polar bear plunge, may have seemed like torture, but turned out to be inspiring. After canoeing across Lake Louise, Sean shared with the ladies that they would be stripping down and jumping in the freezing cold waters. Whether reluctant or not all the ladies, except Selma, decided to take the plunge. This is something that would end up biting her in the backside later.

We’ve already had paramedics involved in the show this season but on this date they were on hand prior to the date starting, just to be safe. I guess it was a good thing we did because guess what happened? Yep, Tierra needed attention after the plunge into the cold waters. It’s hard to tell where the truth ends and the drama begins with Tierra, but in this case it was probably somewhere between getting back to the hotel and the time Sean crawled into bed with her to once again console her and make sure she was okay. You have to admit she’s good at pulling the wool over Sean’s eyes and getting his attention.

The big news out of this group date was Sean deciding to say goodbye to Sarah. I respect Sean for not taking the easy way out in this instance and waiting for the rose ceremony to let her go. He respected Sarah too much not to let her know immediately, and do it in a personal way. It was heart-wrenching to hear Sarah say what she did on the way out. She’s a sweet girl and I know Sean really does wish her the best. It was also a big surprise when Sean decided to give Desiree another one-on-one date before all the girls had a chance to have one. Sean really felt like Desiree needed some reassurance so he wanted to give her another date. It turned out to be a good call, as they had an amazing date that ended up a tree, as all good dates should. It’s really interesting this season, as Sean seems to have so many strong relationships going at the same time.

It’s pretty shocking considering how good some of their dates have been that Selma, Sarah and Daniella were all sent home this week. Selma really didn’t do herself any favors by not taking the polar bear plunge, but that’s not what sunk her relationship. I think it was the way she explained to Sean that once she makes up her mind she doesn’t change it — no matter what. Sean is looking for a free spirit that will let go and make him laugh. He just didn’t see that in Selma or Sarah. We left Los Angeles just a couple weeks ago with eleven women and we’re now down to just six as we head for the blue waters of St. Croix. While the weather is warm and rum is cold, the drama looms large as we head towards what turns out to easily be the most emotional, pivotal episode so far. Thanks for watching this special two-night Bachelor extravaganza. We now take you back to your regularly scheduled programming on Monday nights.

Sean singling out Sarah if front of the other girls...to come have a privite talk with him... after telling her he did not want to keep her there when he knew he would not be giving her a rose then sending her back in to pack & say her good-bye's to girls...seemed down right cruel...wouldn't it have been better to just not give her a rose at the ceremony...and have her leave with Selma & Daniella instead of her having to be rejected all alone like he did
    teatime likes this.

+ Reply to Thread