+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

I still like him and think he does a fabulous job. cute happy shrug.gif

Have you guys seen the Kimmel video yet titled " Surprise Proposal on Bachelor Finale"? It's hilarious.

Thanks for the heads up, ilja. I found it on you tube. Too funny!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' season premiere | PopWatch | EW.com

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' season premiere

by Chris Harrison

Let me start this season off by saying it’s always good to be back. I always miss you guys as much as you miss the show. I didn’t get a chance to put up a blog after Ashley and JP’s wedding so before I dive into the new season of The Bachelor let me back up a bit and say just a few words. I was incredibly honored to be a part of that special day. The truth is that the odds of any relationship, on TV or off, making it all the way to the altar and ending in marriage are so small that it’s something that should always be cherished and celebrated. When you add to that the fact that Ashley and JP are such good people and so fantastic together it should definitely be celebrated. One thing I’m always struck by during these Bachelor weddings is how damn fun they are. At the end of the day it’s just a bunch of family and friends celebrating one of the great things life has to offer: true love.

Speaking of true love, let’s talk about Sean and his search for that very thing.

I’m glad the season started with an ample amount of Sean catching us up on his life and just enough of that came with his shirt off to let you know after his heartbreak with Emily he didn’t go on a three-month ice cream and doughnut bender. Before Sean headed over to meet with me and the 25… I mean 26 women, he had a visit from his old friend, Arie. After watching these two I’ve decided there’s nothing more natural than for a couple of guys who got dumped by the same girl to sit around, have a cold one, and talk about kissing technique. After a quick lesson in love from Arie, it was time to get serious and meet the ladies, and that’s exactly what Sean did.

I never really know the best way to write about the hijinks on the wet driveway because you see it just as I do when I’m standing just off camera watching it go down live. So I’ll go over the, ummm, highlights from the arrivals on the first night. Sean was pretty nervous but I have to say the guy did great. It’s not very easy and he was pretty smooth and handled himself well. Kelly from Nashville was the female version of “guy with guitar,” deciding to serenade Sean. Not sure it’s much consolation for Kelly, who went home, but my 9-year-old daughter said she had a pretty voice. (We’ll discuss my parenting and the fact that I let my little girl watch the first episode with me later.) Ashley P. strolled out and seemed innocent enough until she pulled out the Fifty Shades of Grey tie and was ready for a little bondage. We’ll have more on Ashley P. in a bit. I felt bad for gymnast Robyn who probably could usually pull off those back handsprings any day of the week, but choked under the pressure and took a spill. The funny thing is that probably helped her stand out even more in Sean’s mind. Paige from Bachelor Pad was back, and… then she wasn’t again. I have to say I was a little surprised she didn’t make a bigger impression on Sean and at least stay the first week. Sean is very wary of those that showed up just to be on TV and whether Paige was there for that reason or not, she definitely started behind the eight ball and never made up for that in Sean’s mind.

Lindsay probably pulled the boldest stunt by showing up in a wedding dress. This move and Lindsay’s personality really skirted that grey area with Sean. He has a great sense of humor but Lindsay almost pushed things too far. She did end up getting a rose, but if she expects a honeymoon any time soon she has some work to do. We surprised Sean with a special 26th bachelorette this season. We all know Kacie from Ben’s season and she pleaded for permission to come back to meet Sean. These two met before the show and apparently hit it off enough in Kacie’s mind that she felt it was worth all she’d have to go through to come back and fight for Sean’s heart along with the other 25 women.

In the middle of the arrivals Sean decided he was so impressed with one of the ladies, Tierra, that he wanted to give her a rose. Turns out, that wouldn’t even be close to the last rose Sean handed out before the rose ceremony. Sean apparently had decided it was time to shake things up a little bit on that first night and since he’s The Bachelor, he can kind of do whatever he wants. If a conversation went really well and Sean felt a connection with a woman, he figured he didn’t need to wait to let her know she was safe. Sean ended up handing out 12 roses before the rose ceremony. The only problem with this strategy was that in the minds of some of the ladies, everything became about the rose. All the women could talk or think about that night was getting a rose. So the entire time they were sitting there talking to Sean they were looking at that rose and wondering if they were going to get it and, if not, what that meant. I personally liked the change as it shook things up a bit and made for a very interesting first cocktail party.

Whether it’s The Bachelor or The Bachelorette there’s always that one person who will probably not remember much of the first night, and when they see it they’ll regret most of it. This season Ashley P. was that person. I think Sean summed it up best when he said she was Fifty Shades of Drunk. Let’s take the drinking out of it, and there are definitely some good lessons to take from her first conversations with Sean: First of all, she led with bondage. This is something maybe best saved for a second or third date. When the person you’re talking to references a rape whistle, this is a sign your conversation isn’t going well and maybe you should dial it back a bit. Then she mentioned her mother and how she was going to marry him. Telling a person you’re destined to marry them and revealing that you’ve discussed this with your mother before you’ve even had a first date might be just a tad much. At that point that was strike 1 through 9, so she not only struck out… she struck out enough for an entire team.

Because Sean was so generous with the roses all night he only had seven to hand out at the actual rose ceremony. Admit it, we’ve been gone so long you missed me coming out and saying, “This is the final rose tonight.” I know — it feels so good to hear those words again. After the roses and a few tears, you got a great look at just how fantastic this season is going to be. As I said to the ladies that first night, Sean is as sincere a Bachelor as we’ve ever had. That’s obviously a good thing, as that’s what we all want, but it also means expectations are high. When you have all these ingredients you’re bound to have an explosive season. I’m so happy to be back and I look forward to watching with you each week as Sean tries to navigate his way to finding the woman of his dreams.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 2 | PopWatch | EW.com

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 2

by Chris Harrison

Ladies and gentlemen, your Miss America 2013 is… Miss New York. I want to start this week by congratulating Miss New York on winning the crown and by thanking the Miss America Organization for having me back again this year to host the show. I have to admit I was a little surprised when I peeked at the card on the stage and saw the judges chose Miss New York over the very popular Miss South Carolina. It was definitely a bit of an upset, but Miss New York is a very deserving winner and really blew the judges away in her interview earlier in the week, and that stuck with them throughout the final night. Imagine me being involved with a competition show that had a little drama. I appreciate all of you that watched the ceremony and for all of those that watched the Bachelor on Monday night.

I was so happy we were able to get the cameras to Sean’s house in time to catch him in the middle of his workout… pardon me, his shirtless workout. I did feel a little bad when we accidentally caught him in the middle of his shower. But being the man he is, Sean took it all in stride and got ready for his week of first dates. Sarah got the first one-on-one date and was as nervous as she was excited. It always amazes me every time we land a helicopter on the driveway of the mansion. The space it lands on isn’t very wide and I’m always so impressed with the pros that land those choppers each time.

This date was one of the most challenging for Team Bachelor to figure out. How do you drop people 30 stories and make sure they’re safe? Teaming up with some experts made it completely safe, but it certainly didn’t make it any less scary. Mark my words, they were terrified. So, Sean picked Sarah for the first extreme date of the season and that can mean good things. There’s Bachelor history on her side. Very often, the girl that gets the extreme date goes very far with the Bachelor. If their date and chemistry are any indication, I think this is going to be the case again. (By the way, did anyone else notice the exit sign that was on the roof of the building next to Sarah that led to nothing but a three hundred foot fall?) Sarah and Sean really hit it off and she easily got the rose as well as the first real kiss of the season.

The first group date is always a tough one, and when I say “tough” I mean “an intensely awkward challenge where one guy tries to impossibly entertain 14 women.” I loved the idea of two of my favorite things coming together on this date: Harlequin books and The Bachelor. On this date we all got to see how Tierra is beginning to rub the other ladies the wrong way, but at this point Sean obviously has no idea and really likes her. When Kristy started talking the talk I thought there was no way she would actually walk the walk — but she hit it out of the park, easily winning the competition.

Katie illustrated something that often happens on this show and I’m glad we showed you all of it. This journey isn’t for everybody and it can get the best of you. I applaud Katie for realizing this early on and pulling herself out instead of sticking around taking a spot that another woman should have. Kacie got the rose on this date and did manage to make it out of the friend zone, but she’s not out of the woods yet. Sean is still skeptical of this whole thing and she’s got some work to do before she totally earns Sean’s trust.

My favorite thing about this week’s episode was easily the elaborate practical joke we played on Desiree. I have to really give it up to our producers and our art department who are always impressive pulling off a normal date, but they had to really pull out all the stops to make this work like it did. The studio was so incredibly transformed into an art gallery I really couldn’t tell what was real and what wasn’t. I had a blast being a part of it. I was happy to see Desiree had as much fun with it as we did. This prank really broke the ice for the two of them and set up their relationship in a great way. The rest of their date was easy, romantic and hopeful. She got the rose and like many women in the house, can already Sean as her boyfriend. The only problem with that is when this many women are falling for the Bachelor, there’s bound to be drama.

We already got a glimpse of the storm brewing around Tierra, and most the women were surprised Amanda, who was incredibly awkward during the cocktail party, got a rose. Next week the relationships will continue to build at an alarming rate. Sean has a sincere way of making each woman feel like she’s the only one in the room and the only one in his life. This is a great quality, but in this kind of situation can obviously lead to confusion and trouble.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 3 | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming with some breaking news! Sean is working out without his shirt on: let’s go in for a closer look. Now that we have confirmed Sean has gotten his daily, shirtless, workout in, lets explore what was a very pivotal week in the Bachelor house.

This week really felt like somebody flipped an emotional switch. Lesley M. got the first date and it was a record breaker. When I heard about this idea to attempt to break the record for longest on screen kiss for a date I wasn’t exactly sure how it was going to work, but it turned out to be fantastic. Lesley had no idea what was happening, and when she walked out and saw all of us standing there her expression was priceless.

It was pretty cool to set this stage up on Hollywood Boulevard for everybody to see. A big crowd gathered and everybody really got into it, especially Lesley and Sean. When you hear the previous record for longest on screen kiss was three minutes fifteen seconds it doesn’t sound that crazy. What you have to realize is it’s not just kissing for that long, that’s easy, but someone has to televise a continuous kiss for over three minutes. The more you think about it, the more you realize that’s a lot of screen time for just one continuous kiss.

Sean and Leslie actually had to try twice to break the record. The first time they started kissing they went after it so passionately they forgot about the rules and their lips came apart and they had to start over. The second time they kept their concentration and they blew right past the record, and you got to see every second of it. Well, you actually had to see every second of it because that’s the point of the longest on-screen kiss. I think it’s only fitting that The Bachelor franchise holds this record and I can’t see anybody taking that away from us for quite some time.

After I was lucky enough to have an awkward front row seat to watch Sean and Lesley make out I got to spend a day at the beach on the group date. This date was held down at Zuma Beach in Malibu, only about ten minutes from the Bachelor mansion. The girls were having a good time but they knew something was coming. Once I broke the ladies up into two teams they actually went and practiced for a bit with two professional beach volleyball players. After a good practice session with the pros it was time to play.

If they practiced for a couple hours with the pros, and they did, you sure couldn’t tell. A few of the ladies had some skills but the majority of them did not. You might have noticed Sean was on the court from time to time. He would float back and forth between the two teams helping them both out. I’d like the record to show that Sean went over to help the red team at the end when they lost. I let him hear about that for a while.

After the game the losers piled into a rental van and the others made the short drive up to Sean’s house for a victory party. Lindsay, who started off on such an awkward note with Sean has definitely recovered. She has really turned things around and Sean is very interested in her and ended up giving her the rose. Desiree continues to impress Sean. Amanda intrigues Sean but it may be moving more along the lines of baffling him. This week’s dating faux pas award goes to Amanda. Sean let Amanda know there was a lot he didn’t know about her… so she started her next sentence with, “If we were to get married…” Maybe something along the lines of “What would you like to know about me?”, “Ask me anything”, “What can I tell you about myself?” — any of these responses would have been better, I think.

Speaking of mistakes, boy did Kacie step in it this week. I’m not sure what the thought behind her strategy to get involved in the drama or bringing it up to Sean was, but man it backfired. After having been through this once before I was a little surprised she wasn’t a little savvier. Sean, who was already a little skeptical about her being there, was really thrown off by this and he ended up sending her home. I really thought the way he pulled her aside in the middle of the rose ceremony was classy. Not that the other ladies deserve less, but Kacie’s situation was a bit different and their prior relationship made it important to treat her a little differently in sending her home so early.

AshLee got the final date this week, but right before they were due to leave, tragedy struck at the Bachelor mansion. Well, it wasn’t exactly tragic. In fact, I’m not sure what it was. Tierra slipped and fell down some stairs but nobody really knows how bad it really was. It didn’t seem to be too bad or maybe Sean is a miracle cure for a concussion, because when he showed up she got real good, real quick. Tierra did not go to the hospital, by her own request.

After the drama AshLee and Sean did get to enjoy their date and what a special day it was. We are very proud to use this date to shine a light on a very worthy cause: the Starlight Children’s Foundation. I urge you to take a minute and learn more about this foundation by going to our website. The two young ladies that joined them on the date to Six Flags had the time of their lives and it was extremely cool to give them that experience. On a romantic note, AshLee and Sean really connected on this date and now there is yet another strong relationship growing in the house. I want to give a special shout out to the Eli Young Band; Sean absolutely loves these guys and they put on a great show.

The mood at the house for the cocktail party was intense. Everybody wanted a piece of Sean that night. It seemed like everybody had just one more thing they positively had to tell him. There was one light moment, when he arranged to have Sarah’s dog Leo brought to the house.This was a grand gesture that meant a lot to Sarah. The only problem is Leo doesn’t exactly love traveling in cars — so let’s just say we owe the limo company a little money for cleanup.

Emotions are already running extremely high at the house and as you saw in the preview for next week things will begin to spill over. Tierra is an incredibly polarizing figure in the house and Amanda also seems to get the best of people. These women definitely see Sean as an amazing catch and they are starting to pull out all the stops to get his attention and win his heart.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 4 | PopWatch | EW.com

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 4

by Chris Harrison

So, like many blogs before this one, I’m writing this at approximately thirty thousand feet. I give you this disclaimer because as I look back on my blogs I find that something about writing these at cruising altitude makes them decidedly different. Not sure if it’s the lack of oxygen getting to my brain or the fact that I always listen to music as I write that gives these high altitude blogs a little edge. Right now I’m feeling a little sentimental because Gloriana’s “Kiss You” is on, so let’s roll with that.

Selma, who we really haven’t gotten to see that much of yet, got the first date. Emotions are running incredibly high this season, honestly a little higher than usual. Because of this, who gets dates really impacts the dynamic in the house. The date with Selma started out super sexy but then turned incredibly rugged. I credit Selma for delivering the money line of the season so far when she said Sean “took the Iraqi to the desert.” Selma, who’s apparently not the outdoorsy type, started out a little rough, and in her words, puffy, but boy did she rally. Joshua Tree National park was an incredible backdrop for this date, and Sean was truly impressed with how Selma dove right in and got dirty with him. It’s important that these girls can show him how they can step out of their comfort zones and embrace what life has to offer beyond six-inch heels.

There was a lot of sexual chemistry between the Selma and Sean and as a result, she had to explain that due to her beliefs and her background she couldn’t kiss him. This brings up an incredibly interesting social discussion. Selma wanted to kiss Sean and she really doesn’t necessarily seem to believe that dating out loud is wrong, nor is kissing. But she felt compelled, out of respect for her parents and their beliefs, to refrain from kissing Sean. I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on this. Is living like this going to be something that Selma ultimately regrets? Only the individual can make that judgment calls for herself, and this is the path Selma’s chosen for right now. Sean, to his credit, very much respected her decision and completely understood. Ironically it probably only made her more attractive, but at some point, will that change? Like his other dates, Selma really seems like she could be the one for Sean, but then again, that’s how almost every date feels with this guy.

The group date was interesting, to say the least. I put the roller derby idea right up there with the Muay Thai boxing date during Ashley’s season in Chiang Mai. Sure, it seems like a good idea, but once you realize everyone’s just getting hurt, it becomes less sexy. One good thing about these dates is you get to really see what people are made of and how they handle stressful situations. You also get to see how tough their jaws are. Everybody took some big spills but Amanda really came crashing down. Fortunately her jaw broke her fall. She was banged up pretty good and had to go make sure she didn’t actually fracture her jaw. Luckily she returned later in the date, but sadly, she’ll never play the harmonica the same again.

One thing that no one expected was how hard skating would be for Sarah. Everyone, especially Sean, was really sensitive to her and wanted to make sure she didn’t feel excluded for any reason, but also felt comfortable with the activity. It was nice to see her get so much support from the other girls and Sarah once again proved herself to be a very, very strong woman.

Sean quickly took the temperature in the room and realized at this point it was best to cut his losses and restructure this date. He did so by cranking up a little power ballad and turned the whole thing into one big couples skate. Well played, my friend. There’s no problem that can’t be solved by good baby-making music and a couples skate. As the date progressed to the evening cocktail party, things got a little intense. I’m not sure how Sean and Lindsay didn’t freak out when they walked out of that door to find Tierra crouched in the dark corner like a scary hobo goblin ready to pounce on them. I’m not really sure there is such a thing as a hobo goblin but again you gotta give me some leeway here. I’m not getting a lot of oxygen and I’m now listening to some Miike Snow, so this could get weird… or weirder. Now, this move by Tierra could’ve gone one of two ways. Sean could’ve been annoyed and sent her packing, or do what he did and talk her off the cliff. Whether this was the right thing for him to do is debatable. Whether or not he got played is not debatable. Bottom line, Sean likes this girl and we all know that when we like someone we see past a lot and we tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I imagine there will be much talk surrounding Tierra this week by all of you.

Okay, now musically mellowing things out — Citizen Cope “Sideways” just came on (one of my favorite songs), much better.

As much as Selma’s date turned out not to be a Pretty Woman date, Leslie H.’s was all that and then some. If you didn’t catch it they actually pulled up in front of the Regency Beverly Wilshire hotel, or as Kit says in the movie, “Reg Bev Wil,” where Pretty Woman was shot. Leslie delivered the second best line of this episode when she said she felt like she was really just “a tan Julia Roberts.” It was really cute how uncomfortable and nervous Leslie was with all of this. You could tell she truly appreciated it.

Perfect timing for Bob Marley “Is This Love” to come on my headphones, because that was the big question on Sean’s mind this entire date. He probably summed it up best when he said somebody can look perfect on paper but when it’s not there there’s just no way to fix that. They had incredible conversations and got along so well but that spark has to be there and it just wasn’t. As Mr. Marley just sang to me “I wanna love ya, every day and every night.” That just wasn’t happening here.

This season overall is different than any other I’ve ever been a part of, and that’s because of Sean. He has such an amazing way of making each woman feel like she’s the only one in his life and that is making things increasingly difficult. The other interesting thing about Sean is he has very different relationships with each woman. They all seem to bring out different sides in him. This is going to continue in the weeks to come and if you think emotions are running high now, well, just wait until next week.

If you take anything from this blog this week I hope it’s not the fact that when you combine an eclectic music mix and lack of oxygen I get a little loose. I hope it’s that we have a huge, special two-day Bachelor event next week! Next Monday and Tuesday we will air all new back-to-back episodes. We’ve never done this before but we think these two episodes are so good and so explosive a special two-night extravaganza was in order. So stock up on the boxed wine and let’s do this.

Harrison( the incredible shrinking man) he has lost weight and looks way younger, was on Kelly and Micheal. .He likes Sean, you can tell. I imagine there is a lot of laughter behind scenes. Anyway he was asked again, if he would be the bachelor. I think he should, and he should do both parts - Bachelor and host

So stock up on the boxed wine and letís do this
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 01-30-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Harrison( the incredible shrinking man) he has lost weight and looks way younger, was on Kelly and Micheal. .He likes Sean, you can tell. I imagine there is a lot of laughter behind scenes. Anyway he was asked again, if he would be the bachelor. I think he should, and he should do both parts - Bachelor and host

So stock up on the boxed wine and letís do this
    I would enjoy having him (host), giving himself (Bachelor), a pep talk about the women! How to decide who to keep?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

He called Tierra, "scary hobo goblin." Heh. Okay, it was a metaphor but one I may find much use for, ;-)

+ Reply to Thread