+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

FORT Regular

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

AlwaysVeg, I have very low expectations of fun from Emily M, but I hope the guys have fun in the house. The bachelorette guys usually seem to have more fun than the women in the bachelor. I was a resident assistant in an all girls dorm as a undergraduate and I think it is nearly impossible for a group of women to be in that close a quarters without some conflict, but to have no escape from each other it makes them a little crazy. The men handle this situation in general with less crazy and more frat house like behavior. I am not sure if you have seen Sweet Home Alabama this season, but the men in the house have a great time with each other and watching them has been fun. That is what I am hoping for from Emily's bachelors and I hope after night one that she doesn't mention the dead fiance again until at least the hometown dates, where we will get to hear it four times. I might skip that episode or at least fast forward through her talking
    JunkieGirl, Midol and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I totally see how Courtney could pull this off on her own with no encouragement. It's how she operates. Let's not forget that she went topless in that village and flashed her boobs to anyone that would look, including children. Then there was the failed attempt to get Ben in the sack again back in her room. As for it being a nice story - it certainly didn't out to be one considering all the back lash that has occurred. They also sign these thick contracts that include rules in them, including not approaching the lead in the manner that Courtney did on several occasions. Who knows how many more there could have been that we just didn't see. Certainly didn't stop her from doing so anyway.

CH was there by the way. He saw them in the naked in the ocean.
    That segment was interesting to me. How did it come about? Did a producer overhear Courtney inviting Ben to her room, and so sent a camera person to wait with her to see if Ben showed up? Did Courtney tell a producer she had invited Ben to her room? Did a producer tell Courtney to invite him to her room? Obviously a camera was there, waiting. And why didn't Ben show up? Was he told no more sneaky late-night dates? Many questions, no answers!
    Longhornfan likes this.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I totally see how Courtney could pull this off on her own with no encouragement. It's how she operates. Let's not forget that she went topless in that village and flashed her boobs to anyone that would look, including children. Then there was the failed attempt to get Ben in the sack again back in her room. As for it being a nice story - it certainly didn't out to be one considering all the back lash that has occurred. They also sign these thick contracts that include rules in them, including not approaching the lead in the manner that Courtney did on several occasions. Who knows how many more there could have been that we just didn't see. Certainly didn't stop her from doing so anyway.
    Therefore, she had to be encouraged. Otherwise, she would have been thrown off the show rather than featured in several mini-interviews.

This is a standard Bachelor theme. There's always one girl who wanders off on her own (trailed closely by a camera crew and joined by a second camera crew once they've broken into the fortress) and enjoys a little extra canoodling.

This is basically a tightly-controlled Hollywood-style set. Nothing happens without producer approval. One girl, could not, for example, wander a couple of blocks to the store, purchase a throwaway cell phone and spend the evening talking to her ex boyfriend. That would get her thrown out. They're trying to give us this image of freedom, but there isn't. These girls are on lockdown. I would well imagine that the others are pissed that Courtney was chosen for that escapade, but in the past, the "rebel who steals alone time" has never gotten very far in the show.

I think we'd be amazed how little the contestants actually control - even down to who gets eliminated each week. In a season where the Bachelor hasn't formed any strong bonds, maybe Fleiss even gets to chose the "winner." So maybe that's Fleiss's "twist" this season: the rebel finally gets the guy. Only where does he play it from here?
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    Therefore, she had to be encouraged. Otherwise, she would have been thrown off the show rather than featured in several mini-interviews.

This is a standard Bachelor theme. There's always one girl who wanders off on her own (trailed closely by a camera crew and joined by a second camera crew once they've broken into the fortress) and enjoys a little extra canoodling.

This is basically a tightly-controlled Hollywood-style set. Nothing happens without producer approval. One girl, could not, for example, wander a couple of blocks to the store, purchase a throwaway cell phone and spend the evening talking to her ex boyfriend. That would get her thrown out. They're trying to give us this image of freedom, but there isn't. These girls are on lockdown. I would well imagine that the others are pissed that Courtney was chosen for that escapade, but in the past, the "rebel who steals alone time" has never gotten very far in the show.

I think we'd be amazed how little the contestants actually control - even down to who gets eliminated each week. In a season where the Bachelor hasn't formed any strong bonds, maybe Fleiss even gets to chose the "winner." So maybe that's Fleiss's "twist" this season: the rebel finally gets the guy. Only where does he play it from here?
    Didn't Vienna steal time alone with Jake ... and maybe go to his room ?

I'm not sure and I may have it confused with BachPad.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

CH was there by the way. He saw them in the naked in the ocean.
    Nope he said he and his wife watched the episode before it aired. He wasn't there
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Nope he said he and his wife watched the episode before it aired. He wasn't there
    No was not with his wife. He was at the mansion in an upstairs part, after the day was over and saw them in the ocean and thought - what the heck? He also said all the other girls were in their rooms asleep as they were supposed to be. I remember it distinctly. I actually have a link to an interview with CH where he says he was there and saw Ben and Courtney in the ocean. I'll PM it to whomever if they need further proof, as I don't believe you can post links here. Here's something else interesting CH said about the skinny dipping...

"Luckily, ABC has really thick black bars that they stick on your screen, and you won't see as much as I had to... First of all, I've seen the unedited version. Really, it was almost too much for me. Maybe it's because I know Ben, and he's a friend. It kinda reminded me of Gilles Marini, he was Naked Guy in Sex and the City. He's a friend of mine, we play soccer together, we're buddies. I hadn't seen Sex and the City. So finally I'm like, 'Alright, you know what buddy, I'm gonna watch this movie.' You don't want to see your friends like that! You never look at them the same. You're not really looking them in the eye anymore."

Yeah, I'd say a lot more went on than just kissing in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post

You say encouraged, I say they turned a blind eye because they needed the drama to fuel the show since Ben turned out to be so boring.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-09-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    LovetheRoses and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I would like it! I heard him say, he saw it with his wife( minus the bars so the unedited verison) and that they preview every episode before it airs. I saw him say that, as did my DD and DH. I just asked them I wonder why he has to keep changing this story? I think CH make stuff up.But then I have never liked him

Actually, thanks for the offer, I know what I heard him say.I dont need anymore of his BS, thanks for the offer though

Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-09-2012 at 10:55 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would like it! I heard him say, he saw it with his wife( minus the bars so the unedited verison) and that they preview every episode before it airs. I saw him say that, as did my DD and DH. I just asked them I wonder why he has to keep changing this story? I think CH make stuff up.But then I have never liked him

Actually, thanks for the offer, I know what I heard him say.I dont need anymore of his BS, thanks for the offer though

I've sent it anyway - because knowing the truth is always a good thing. Plus he comments on a few other things regarding the show that's pretty interesting. If you can find a link showing where he said he was with his wife, please share it with me. To catch CH lying about this would be interesting!
    Last edited by mesachick; 03-09-2012 at 11:26 PM.

I did a search and found the interview Mesachick is referring to. Apparently Chris was with several other members of the crew. I searched "Chris Harrison skinny dipping". He also explains who actually determines the order in which the roses are given out.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I did a search and found the interview Mesachick is referring to. Apparently Chris was with several other members of the crew. I searched "Chris Harrison skinny dipping". He also explains who actually determines the order in which the roses are given out.
    Glad you found it! It's an EW page. To those who have asked for a PM of the link - I replied with it this morning, hope you get it ok It does have some other interesting factoids in it as well as the part about him being there for the skinny dipping debacle.

+ Reply to Thread