+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 370
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

  1. #151
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Chris Harrison Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I have to agree that within the usual boundaries of this ridiculous show there is a kind of unspoken understanding that the Bachelor won't get really intimate physically with a girl until the F3 fantasy suites. Of course, they will kiss, etc, but no naked intimacy. Ben broke all those rules, and really early on when there were still what, 10 girls left? Courtney initiated it and of course Ben could have demurred, but he was too thrilled with the idea to even think of saying no, and as a result Courtney leapfrogged the rest of the girls and he never looked back, IMO.

    It's not the skinny dipping that bothers me, frankly, it's the fact that I really believe Ben should have kept the playing field level at that point, just out of respect for the other women and to (as ridiculous as this is to say) honour 'the process.' Courtney was doing whatever it took to get his attention and put herself front and centre. I get that. But I think Ben should have thought a little harder and said "no."
    I don't even want to go near the bolded comment

    I do agree with you though.

    The other Kacie was "released" because she wasn't there for Ben and had another unresolved romantic situation.

    Ben faces no consequence or breech of contract for not keeping the playing field level.


    Courtney and Ben have offended not only the show participants, but a lot of viewers, especially the females.
    mesachick likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  2. #152
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: Chris Harrison Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I have to agree that within the usual boundaries of this ridiculous show there is a kind of unspoken understanding that the Bachelor won't get really intimate physically with a girl until the F3 fantasy suites. Of course, they will kiss, etc, but no naked intimacy. Ben broke all those rules, and really early on when there were still what, 10 girls left? Courtney initiated it and of course Ben could have demurred, but he was too thrilled with the idea to even think of saying no, and as a result Courtney leapfrogged the rest of the girls and he never looked back, IMO.

    It's not the skinny dipping that bothers me, frankly, it's the fact that I really believe Ben should have kept the playing field level at that point, just out of respect for the other women and to (as ridiculous as this is to say) honour 'the process.' Courtney was doing whatever it took to get his attention and put herself front and centre. I get that. But I think Ben should have thought a little harder and said "no."
    Exactly!
    kateb and Nice'n'Easy like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  3. #153
    Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    From Here to Eternity
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: Chris Harrison Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!

    I think I was pretty explanatory in my post. I personally do not find it puritanical to not want to go naked in front of folks with cameras and have the video go viral. But hey, if it is, then call me puritanical and I will wear that badge proudly. Attachment 28295

    As Fanny said, you have your opinion and I have mine. BTW, I do live in America and I love it.

    I've also enjoyed our back and forth, believe it or not. We are different which is what makes posting on discussion forums so much fun. It's kind of nice to discuss differences over a TV show like The Bachelor instead of something serious where one of us would likely be banned. I love hearing what other people think.
    Yes, it's nice to be able to disagree a little, and be civil about it.

    I don't see where there are all these "rules" about when you kiss and when you can take off your clothes.

    One of the more interesting seasons was back when the banker/restaurant dude Aaron pretty much chose Helene on the first show, and it was all Chris Harrison could do to try and create the most dramatic rose ceremony ever (at that point, it wasn't as tough). Was that OK? Did Aaron have an obligation to try out the bedsprings with his other finalists?

    Let's say Ben chose Courtney (I prefer not to read the spoiler sites, and for some reason the tabloids aren't displayed near where I check out at the grocery). Isn't it up to him when he made that choice? I don't see the point of him stringing Nicki along, for example, if he knew he was going to pick Courtney. To me, his performance with Nicki in the hot tub was far more cad-like than airing his naughty bits with Courtney earlier on.

    I also am puzzled why people believe Courtney broke the rules by going to his hotel room at night. If there were rules, she never would have known where to go. A pair of camera crews would not have been on hand to document everything. And someone from production would have stepped in. This was part of the story, and perhaps everything was orchestrated. I believe Courtney was joking about skinny-dipping earlier, and Fleiss decided to set it up with her and make it part of the story.

    It is not a level playing field. It isn't from the second they get out of the limousine. And Fleiss has no interest in keeping it level, hence horsies and grandmothers and lots of alcohol, endless shooting schedules and no food for the tiny dancers.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

  4. #154
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: Chris Harrison Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    Yes, it's nice to be able to disagree a little, and be civil about it.

    I don't see where there are all these "rules" about when you kiss and when you can take off your clothes.

    One of the more interesting seasons was back when the banker/restaurant dude Aaron pretty much chose Helene on the first show, and it was all Chris Harrison could do to try and create the most dramatic rose ceremony ever (at that point, it wasn't as tough). Was that OK? Did Aaron have an obligation to try out the bedsprings with his other finalists?

    Let's say Ben chose Courtney (I prefer not to read the spoiler sites, and for some reason the tabloids aren't displayed near where I check out at the grocery). Isn't it up to him when he made that choice? I don't see the point of him stringing Nicki along, for example, if he knew he was going to pick Courtney. To me, his performance with Nicki in the hot tub was far more cad-like than airing his naughty bits with Courtney earlier on.

    I also am puzzled why people believe Courtney broke the rules by going to his hotel room at night. If there were rules, she never would have known where to go. A pair of camera crews would not have been on hand to document everything. And someone from production would have stepped in. This was part of the story, and perhaps everything was orchestrated. I believe Courtney was joking about skinny-dipping earlier, and Fleiss decided to set it up with her and make it part of the story.

    It is not a level playing field. It isn't from the second they get out of the limousine. And Fleiss has no interest in keeping it level, hence horsies and grandmothers and lots of alcohol, endless shooting schedules and no food for the tiny dancers.
    Oh it was definitely against the rules. Chris Harrison said that he wasn't aware of what was happening until after they were naked in the ocean. I doubt the camera man, once he knew of Courtney's intentions, was going to run off and tell on her. If production wanted to edit it out, they would have. But as you can see how this season has played out, it's become the Courtney Show, not The Bachelor. Since there isn't a love story playing out, they went the route of show as much drama as they can. If Courtney, or any other Bachelorette wanted to know where Ben's room was, it would have been easy to find out - all they had to do was ask Ben! He certainly didn't care about the rules when he went out naked in the ocean with Courtney - so it was clear he could care less. This isn't the first time someone has approached the lead when they weren't supposed to, cameramen were there too, and it was discussed by the contestants at the time (of course the girls had no idea until they watched it the same time that we did). This is just the first time it has ended up with the person and lead boinking, acting in a very disrespectful manner towards the other girls.

    As for Aaron, who said he did sleep with anyone else? Just because people use the Fantasy Suites, does not mean they sleep together that night. Same with Brad - it was clear that Emily was the girl he wanted very early on. The difference is, neither men got naked on camera with them, clearly do the deed with them, nor did they act disrespectful towards the other women during the process.

    I agree, it's nice to be able to disagree in a civil manner.
    Last edited by mesachick; 03-09-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  5. #155
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,338

    Re: Chris Harrison Blog

    Let's say Ben chose Courtney (I prefer not to read the spoiler sites, and for some reason the tabloids aren't displayed near where I check out at the grocery). Isn't it up to him when he made that choice? I don't see the point of him stringing Nicki along, for example, if he knew he was going to pick Courtney. To me, his performance with Nicki in the hot tub was far more cad-like than airing his naughty bits with Courtney earlier on.
    Absolutely it was up to him The show could have decided to not air it( I still think it was the shows idea) but it wasnt in their interest to not show it. I actually LOL at this show, I dont hate anyone on it( its a wasted emotion for this show) , they chose to be on TV, so if you get bad edit.Tough. Even the crying women, I have callously laughed at because you see them 3 weeks later and they are all over the very person they cried over.The show is over the moment he/she steps out of the limo and makes a connection with the him/her standing there.The rest is filler.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #156
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    South Carolina
    Age
    43
    Posts
    52

    Re: Chris Harrison Blog

    I think for me the problem with the skinny dipping was not the activity itself, but that Ben and Courtney obviously spent a lot of time alone together that night that the other girls still there did not know about. The one obvious thing on this show is that the Bachelor is dating all these other girls, but you know when he has alone time with them, so you can assess or be aware of his involvement with the other girls. That he spent that additional time alone with Courtney and the other girls didn't know was what bothered me. If he had told them that Courtney came to see him that night at the next rose ceremony then I would not have cared. The other girls could make their own choices from there, but it was hidden from the girls and in that way to me was unfair to the "process". The lead usually has chosen his one by the point that the skinny dipping thing came up, so I don't know that it changed his mind, and if it did then the other girls should thank Courtney for taking him of their hands since as others have claimed he could not think past Courtney's naked body. I don't care they did it, but the girls had some right to know since it was outside the normal context of the show.

    Also, I kind of wish it had been brought up at the Women Tell All that Courtney actually did try to ask Emily about talking about her when it first started and Emily lied. I like Emily, but in this case Courtney did the right thing and Emily was the shady one. All parties involved in that fight acted like children. Courtney should have accepted Emily's apology, but Emily lying should have been addressed. If I were Courtney and I knew someone had been talking about me and then lied to my face about it, it would have made me write off Emily as a "friend" as well. Now Courtney did take her anger about that a little far, but Emily was not innocent.

    Again, just my opinion. At this point I am just glad it is almost over. I am almost looking forward to Emily Maynard after the mess of this season and I am not a fan of the idea of hearing the story of her dead fiance. But a little fun and less drama would be nice.
    mesachick and Midol like this.

  7. #157
    Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    From Here to Eternity
    Posts
    1,149

    Re: Chris Harrison Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Oh it was definitely against the rules. Chris Harrison said that he wasn't aware of what was happening until after they were naked in the ocean. I doubt the camera man, once he knew of Courtney's intentions, was going to run off and tell on her. If production wanted to edit it out, they would have. But as you can see how this season has played out, it's become the Courtney Show, not The Bachelor. Since there isn't a love story playing out, they went the route of show as much drama as they can. If Courtney, or any other Bachelorette wanted to know where Ben's room was, it would have been easy to find out - all they had to do was ask Ben! He certainly didn't care about the rules when he went out naked in the ocean with Courtney - so it was clear he could care less. This isn't the first time someone has approached the lead when they weren't supposed to, cameramen were there too, and it was discussed by the contestants at the time (of course the girls had no idea until they watched it the same time that we did). This is just the first time it has ended up with the person and lead boinking, acting in a very disrespectful manner towards the other girls.
    I'm under the impression that Fleiss has more control over the show (Harrison is not there 24/7, he's merely the host). I would imagine camera crews have cell phones and relate what's going on to production. I don't see how Courtney could pull off this entire skinny-dipping plan without encouragement and help from production. They created this story of someone who was willing to do anything to get the guy. It's a nice story, and Courtney was happy to fill that role. We know they sign these thick contracts that impose huge penalties for talking about what goes on behind the scenes - this is exactly the reason why.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

  8. #158
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Re: Chris Harrison Blog

    Kateb, a little more fun and a little less drama WOULD be nice, but I can't see that happening with dear sweet and tragic Emily. I don't remember her as being exactly a rollicking barrel of fun on her season with Brad. Seems like her whole backstory and her whole life are a big drama, and I fully expect the show to play that up again.
    Midol likes this.

  9. #159
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,028

    Re: Chris Harrison Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    I'm under the impression that Fleiss has more control over the show (Harrison is not there 24/7, he's merely the host). I would imagine camera crews have cell phones and relate what's going on to production. I don't see how Courtney could pull off this entire skinny-dipping plan without encouragement and help from production. They created this story of someone who was willing to do anything to get the guy. It's a nice story, and Courtney was happy to fill that role. We know they sign these thick contracts that impose huge penalties for talking about what goes on behind the scenes - this is exactly the reason why.
    I totally see how Courtney could pull this off on her own with no encouragement. It's how she operates. Let's not forget that she went topless in that village and flashed her boobs to anyone that would look, including children. Then there was the failed attempt to get Ben in the sack again back in her room. As for it being a nice story - it certainly didn't out to be one considering all the back lash that has occurred. They also sign these thick contracts that include rules in them, including not approaching the lead in the manner that Courtney did on several occasions. Who knows how many more there could have been that we just didn't see. Certainly didn't stop her from doing so anyway.

    CH was there by the way. He saw them in the naked in the ocean.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  10. #160
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Chris Harrison Blog

    Harrison is not there 24/7, he's merely the host
    I get the impression that Chris is there a great deal of the time and has a lot to do with production aspects and decisions.

    I think he acts more or less as the lead's handler and sounding board.

    I also get the impression that he is the acting cruise director on this love boat and coordinates with the passengers, both male and female.

    Again it's my impression that he is very involved and is a production liaison at the very least.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.