+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Didn't believe for a second that The Model was sincere. Just listen to her vocal intonation pattern during her segment. Dead giveaway. I hope Courtney's not aspiring to an acting career...
    ButterflyFaery likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Regular

None of the previous villains had made the lead seem so bad. But Courtney's behavior coupled with Ben ignoring and/or being borderline threatening to girls who tried to warn him (and it was many - not just one or two like the other villains) has made both of them unlikeable. I don't really think anyone will stop watching because of it, but why not try to redeem a little bit? Plus, seriously Ben for that long would have been intolerable. At least Courtney was interesting in trying to see if she was even a little bit sincere. Just my opinion.

Chris makes me sick:
    "Im not going to defend or attack her in this blog, but what I will do is tell you what I noticed. ..First of all, she was scared to death and shaking like a leaf. I could feel and see how vulnerable she was...There was a point when it seemed like all the women were yelling and attacking her at the same time. In that moment, she completely stopped and utterly broke down. ...one thing I noticed is that really, shes a very fragile little girl. At that moment she just lost it and I felt like she was really speaking from the heart."

Yes, speaking from her cold dead heart.

And Midol's questions deserve answers: "Why nothing about Ben? Where was the question about the skinny dipping and how he treated the women who warned him?"

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Chris makes me sick:
    "I’m not going to defend or attack her in this blog, but what I will do is tell you what I noticed. ..First of all, she was scared to death and shaking like a leaf. I could feel and see how vulnerable she was...There was a point when it seemed like all the women were yelling and attacking her at the same time. In that moment, she completely stopped and utterly broke down. ...one thing I noticed is that really, she’s a very fragile little girl. At that moment she just lost it and I felt like she was really speaking from the heart."

Yes, speaking from her cold dead heart.

And Midol's questions deserve answers: "Why nothing about Ben? Where was the question about the skinny dipping and how he treated the women who warned him?"
    I wonder if Ben said he would refuse to address certain topics - the skinny dipping debacle sure to be one of them.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I wonder if Ben said he would refuse to address certain topics - the skinny dipping debacle sure to be one of them.
    I think I read somewhere that it was addressed but was edited out. I'm not positive about that though since so much of the reality press is quite unreliable to say the least.
    jucamer likes this.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

I'm not trying to defend Courtney or Ben, but why is everyone so up in arms about the skinny dipping? People who have great bodies sometimes like to show them off. Nudity shouldn't be such a big deal.

It's not like the Bachelor is some bastion of Victorian Era morality. There are 25 (24 not including Brittany) women who would have happily canoodled with Ben to their hearts' content, given the opportunity. Why is the fact that Courtney and Ben are comfortable naked so controversial?

This is a weird show. In real life, you'd be legitimately outraged if your boyfriend as much as kissed one of these women. Well, that happens every ten minutes on this show. I fail to see why the skinny-dipping episode adds controversy.
    Florimel, Monte71 and Fanny Mare like this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    I'm not trying to defend Courtney or Ben, but why is everyone so up in arms about the skinny dipping? People who have great bodies sometimes like to show them off. Nudity shouldn't be such a big deal.

It's not like the Bachelor is some bastion of Victorian Era morality. There are 25 (24 not including Brittany) women who would have happily canoodled with Ben to their hearts' content, given the opportunity. Why is the fact that Courtney and Ben are comfortable naked so controversial?

This is a weird show. In real life, you'd be legitimately outraged if your boyfriend as much as kissed one of these women. Well, that happens every ten minutes on this show. I fail to see why the skinny-dipping episode adds controversy.
    It was the fact that he was still dating approximately 10 other women at the time and he stepped over the line with what else they likely did. If he had just been dating Courtney or they were on their Fantasy date, it would not have been a big deal. The fact that he pretty much stepped into a more intimate relationship with one of them and the others had no clue, was tacky beyond belief.

I can't say more at the moment since I'm at work.
    kateb and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    It was the fact that he was still dating approximately 10 other women at the time and he stepped over the line with what else they likely did. If he had just been dating Courtney or they were on their Fantasy date, it would not have been a big deal. The fact that he pretty much stepped into a more intimate relationship with one of them and the others had no clue, was tacky beyond belief.
    What line, though? Is he supposed to announce what level of intimacy he's on in a current week?

What about the fantasy dates? Is it OK to sleep with someone when you know he slept with someone else last night and will sleep with a third person tomorrow night? Isn't that a lot more tacky than some naked kissing in front of a television crew?

It's hard to feel outrage over this show. It's not real. Blakeley may feel she's "real" and Courtney isn't, but the fact of the matter is that there are 25 women in a very un-real situation.

Let's say you were in the early stages of dating a guy. If you found out he kissed another woman passionately, would you care whether he was clothed or not at the time? This show defines tacky. Courtney is the messenger, not the message.
    kateb and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    What line, though? Is he supposed to announce what level of intimacy he's on in a current week?

What about the fantasy dates? Is it OK to sleep with someone when you know he slept with someone else last night and will sleep with a third person tomorrow night? Isn't that a lot more tacky than some naked kissing in front of a television crew?

It's hard to feel outrage over this show. It's not real. Blakeley may feel she's "real" and Courtney isn't, but the fact of the matter is that there are 25 women in a very un-real situation.

Let's say you were in the early stages of dating a guy. If you found out he kissed another woman passionately, would you care whether he was clothed or not at the time? This show defines tacky. Courtney is the messenger, not the message.
    It has to do with a lot of things. The total lack of respect he showed the other women by doing that was horrible. There are rules on that show, which are in place for a reason, and several of them were broken by what they did. Ben basically closed himself off to the other women from that point on. If you watched the show at all, it became pretty clear that no other woman had a chance with him after that. It became an unfair situation at that point. The other women should have just packed their bags and gone home. Would have saved them, and us, from a lot of misery from having to watch this season. I seriously doubt that all they did was kiss btw. Courtney was straddling Ben, both naked, in the ocean. Little Benny was very happy I am sure.

This show had some tackiness in it yes, but this season, it was just brought down to a whole new level of disgust, and Courtney is the one that took it there, with Ben (or Little Ben really) following quickly behind.
    JavaJo, ilja, Midol and 1 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

We don't see enough to determine that he "closed himself off" to the other women by skinny-dipping with Courtney. We do see him rather passionately making out with a nearly-nude Nicki in a private room weeks later. We could easily assume, from the editing, that he bedded Nicki and Lindzi in addition to Courtney. Maybe KCB as well, since they filmed her rolling around the hallways of a Swiss hotel that week, desolate.

Remember that we see about .01% of what really goes on in Bachelorville. We only know for certain what's been edited and placed in another context for our consumption. We know that the editing is done from the perspective that there's a story to tell in hindsight.

I don't see that this is a "new" level of tacky. It seems like ordinary tacky bachelor behavior to me.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread