+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Nope - did not buy it for a second.

Midol you make an excellent point, and something that I noticed too. The only time Courtney got visibly upset was when the other girls did basically force her to take the step to apologize. I don't think she felt sorry for one single thing she did or said. I think she felt put off by being made to apologize for something she didn't feel she did wrong. That is what brought on that single little tear.
    kateb, Midol and Mikesgirl83 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

In that moment, she completely stopped and utterly broke down. Again, Im not justifying anything, but one thing I noticed is that really, shes a very fragile little girl.
    Most bullies are weak and fragile inside. It's usually why they lash out and attack other people. Whatever her insecurities are, it doesn't excuse her behaviour. She is not an 11 year old girl in middle school, she is a grown woman for pity's sake!! I don't care that she's in a profession that thrives on superficiality, is highly critical, and celebrates only surface beauty. She's a grown up and should start acting like one.
    dzigner, kateb, Cootie and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Oh Chris...I am so curious as to why you and the producers are trying to redeem her?
    That is a very interesting question, Why? And, why now?

Anyone have any theories?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Oh Chris...I am so curious as to why you and the producers are trying to redeem her? I didn't buy it, you could see the women didn't buy it and neither did the audience. She no doubt, practiced those dainty tears and and the woe is me attitude. That may have worked on horny Ben but since most of us don't want to get into her pants, I highly doubt it will work on pretty much anyone else.

I also noticed that when she finally apologized, it was because she was basically dared into it by the women rather than of her own volition. And the reason she apologized was not so much because she had hurt people with her behaviour but because it negatively impacted her family and her relationship with Ben.

Another thing...When she was talking about Ben she said "I cared for Ben"...past tense and then quickly added "and I still care" once she realised what she had said. Hmmmm....me thinks all is not well in this fairy tale.

One more thing...Why nothing about Ben? Where was the question about the skinny dipping and how he treated the women who warned him? He got off way too easy. Women always seem more willing to forgive men than each other.

Maybe they're running out of fresh ideas and are considering a Bachelor/ette "Redemption Island" for next season ?

Seriously ... I think they (the producers) fear and are trying to prevent some backlash. Courtney said something to the effect that she and her family & friends were being damaged by all this. Blakely had issues with what Courtney said about her on "national television".

Production has some responsibility here for what's being shown ... and Ben asked in his interview about whether the interview was being shortened because he had spoken to the edit.

Production is trying to redeem itself.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-06-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    ilja and Fanny Mare like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Maybe they're running out of fresh ideas and are considering a Bachelor/ette "Redemption Island" for next season ?

Seriously ... I think they (the producers) fear and are trying to prevent some backlash. Courtney said something to the effect that she and her family & friends were being damaged by all this. Blakely had issues with what Courtney said about her. Production has some responsibility here ... and Ben asked in his interview about whether the interview was being shortened because he spoke to the edit.
    Matt got into big trouble, when he dared to say what this show was really like .It was in his local paper, and quickly swallowed up! I am sure they sign many many contracts before they go on the show, so that old man Fliess ,and his @ss is covered.

As for RI, good idea!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

Seriously ... I think they (the producers) fear and are trying to prevent some backlash. Courtney said something to the effect that she and her family & friends were being damaged by all this. Blakely had issues with what Courtney said about her on "national television".

Production has some responsibility here for what's being shown ... and Ben asked in his interview about whether the interview was being shortened because he had spoken to the edit.

Production is trying to redeem itself.
    Is she really being portrayed any worse than.....Ed, for instance, who was cast as the impotent drunk? I mean, really....that had to hurt bad....and he's just fineroo without ever having been "redeemed."

They have certainly characterized others as sexually-forward manipulative people who aren't really interested in the lead other than to the extent the relationship enhances their career. So, I'm fascinated by the idea that this particular character needs redeeming more than any others (including this season's lead.)
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV View Post
    Is she really being portrayed any worse than.....Ed, for instance, who was cast as the impotent drunk? I mean, really....that had to hurt bad....and he's just fineroo without ever having been "redeemed."

They have certainly characterized others as sexually-forward manipulative people who aren't really interested in the lead other than to the extent the relationship enhances their career. So, I'm fascinated by the idea that this particular character needs redeeming more than any others (including this season's lead.)

My point exactly. Why her? Why now? Ed was also one that I thought of when thinking about this. Natuarally, Wes and Bentley are others who come to mind. Not to mention that woman, whose name escapes me but I think she was on Jesse's season, who also used sex to manipulate him and got kicked off and then came back and crashed one of his dates. What is so special about Courtney? Not much to me, but apparently something to Fliess.
    ButterflyFaery and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

I've been wondering about that, too, Midol. Why her? Why now? Just a thought and maybe too far out, but I'm sure this girl has an agent, and I wonder if the agent threatened to sue Fleiss for jeopardizing her career by portraying her badly (which we all know she did to herself, but in this litigious society, a case could be made that they showed only selective scenes to reinforce a bad image), so they had to come to an agreement to show her as sweet and apologetic before the show ended, how it was just a situation that, as she said, brought out her worst and is not the way she really is. Fleiss has never cared about how anyone is portrayed or given them an opportunity to redeem themselves. He just wants ratings, and he got that from Courtney. Why should he care ... unless threatened severely enough?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I've been wondering about that, too, Midol. Why her? Why now? Just a thought and maybe too far out, but I'm sure this girl has an agent, and I wonder if the agent threatened to sue Fleiss for jeopardizing her career by portraying her badly (which we all know she did to herself, but in this litigious society, a case could be made that they showed only selective scenes to reinforce a bad image), so they had to come to an agreement to show her as sweet and apologetic before the show ended, how it was just a situation that, as she said, brought out her worst and is not the way she really is. Fleiss has never cared about how anyone is portrayed or given them an opportunity to redeem themselves. He just wants ratings, and he got that from Courtney. Why should he care ... unless threatened severely enough?
    That is certainly a possiblity but I am under the impression that their contract is very solid and if memory serves me, there is a part in there that specifies that Fliess can do ANYTHING with the edit...clearly spelling out that they can be portrayed in a negative, unflattering light, and that things can be taken out of context to serve the purposes of the show. Plus, one would think that said agent would have very closely examined that contract and made specific stipulations with regard to her career if he thought it would negatively impact her. Hard to go close the barn door once the horse has already escaped so to speak. Which brings me back to "Why her? Why now?".
    Longhornfan and JavaJo like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

That is certainly a possiblity but I am under the impression that their contract is very solid and if memory serves me, there is a part in there that specifies that Fliess can do ANYTHING with the edit...clearly spelling out that they can be portrayed in a negative, unflattering light, and that things can be taken out of context to serve the purposes of the show. Plus, one would think that said agent would have very closely examined that contract and made specific stipulations with regard to her career if he thought it would negatively impact her. Hard to go close the barn door once the horse has already escaped so to speak. Which brings me back to "Why her? Why now?".
    Wes wondered why too, as he said on Twitter that the MTA was all about ripping him apart but he didnt get to redeem himself. Granted, Courtney makes it further than Wes did, but Fleiss still doesn't seem interested in redeeming Wes - maybe he's too outspoken.

+ Reply to Thread