+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

FORT Fogey

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Just because Courtney has perfected the art of insulting and being rude to other people with a smile (more like a smirk) on her face, does not mean she is doing it with a sense of humor. Nothing that I've seen from her during all these episodes would qualify as coming from a sense of humor, in my opinion.

Courtney reminds me of the theif that is not sorry she stole but she is very very very sorry she got caught..then tries to make 5 million excuses for it
    Ellen, jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Defense mechanism? Hah.

Courtney, you definitely don't have to "make friends" but you definitely don't have to go to such great lengths to "make enemies" either.

Sometimes we see people on these shows who struggle to fit in socially and it shows, but they don't really intend it to go wrong. Cochran from last season's Survivor is someone like this, I think.

People like Courtney don't use insults and manipulation and demeaning language to defend themselves somehow, they use it to get power and to amuse themselves, IMO.

If that's what you chose, good luck with that, Ben.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

We all have different senses of humor. I don't find Courtney funny, either, but I think she was trying to be funny in some of those instances.

I also feel bad for anyone who doesn't fit in with the sorority types they typically pick for this show. The Bachelor is entertaining, to be certain. But it's a formula that requires that most of the women they pick are less suited for marriage than Princess Snooki Kardashian Hilton herself.

Fortunately, Ben's a dim bulb himself, so no damage has been done to the fabric that delicately holds together our universe.
    fireflyer likes this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Fogey

Well, guess I dont see instances of her trying to be funny, but let's assume she was. A halfway smart and sensitive person would look at the person or people being addressed by their supposedly funny remark and take notice of whether they look amused. If I remember correctly, no one in the group appeared to be amused. At that point, the mature and appropriate thing to do would be to apologize, or at the very least to stop making unfunny remarks like that directed at other people.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Do we see any evidence that Courtney is:

A) Halfway smart
    B) Sensitive
    C) Mature
    D) Appropriate
    E) None of the above

I guess I remember high school too well. Everybody wants to be a comedian; few have the talent.
    JunkieGirl and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    Do we see any evidence that Courtney is:

A) Halfway smart
    B) Sensitive
    C) Mature
    D) Appropriate
    E) None of the above

I guess I remember high school too well. Everybody wants to be a comedian; few have the talent.
    I agree that we see no evidence of those qualities in Courtney. However, I don't think she wants to be a comedian and just isn't very good at it. I think she has developed a way to be nasty and rude with a smirk and a phony baby voice, and she thinks the people she is insulting are too stupid to notice. She doesn't care enough about other people's feelings to be the least bit considerate of them. I think neither she nor Ben can really relate to other people's feelings. Isn't that one textbook characteristic of a sociopath?

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post

Fortunately, Ben's a dim bulb himself, so no damage has been done to the fabric that delicately holds together our universe.
    This just made me

I agree, if they are a couple then they are seemingly very suited. Perhaps more suited than Ben with any of the other girls, especially Kacie and Emily IMO.

Thankfully I have zero invested in either one of them so finally I don't have to care one bit about the outcome of this one.

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor: The Women Tell All' | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

I usually don’t worry about watching the Women Tell All episode before I write this blog, but this year I had to because to be honest, there were some segments I don’t quite remember. My son was nice enough to give me his cold so I started the day worried about losing my voice, but by the end of the show I was desperately trying not to pass out. I’d like to apologize to the ladies, the audience and the crew, as I had to hold up production for about forty-five minutes while I “regrouped.” By “regrouped” I mean lying down backstage on a couch with ice on my head trying to remain conscious. What made this worse was the timing. I felt terrible all day, but it really hit me right when Courtney came out to join me. Honestly, I don’t remember much of what she said that first segment so I was glad to go back and watch that interview as well as the entire show. Turns out, I’m a pretty good interviewer in a semi-conscious state.

I feel like you got a really got a good feeling for exactly how the show went down in the studio. The ladies jumped on Blakeley right away, but she stood her ground and seemed to be able to smooth things over. Things were hectic from the first moments, but what got the biggest reaction from the audience and the ladies involved Samantha. Most people don’t even remember she was on the show, but she sure had an opinion on everybody and everything. That is until Brittney rightfully put her in her place by calling her a Chihuahua. This brought thunderous applause and laughter from everyone in the studio, including myself.

I was very happy that Shawntel came back to talk to me. She got very emotional while watching the video of what happened that night; she was really hurt by the things that were said about her. I’m very glad the women saw the error of their ways and for the most part backpedaled and apologized for their actions. I know she didn’t handle everything perfectly, but she didn’t deserve what she got and I’m happy she ended up getting the apologies she did deserve.

Emily was one of the more interesting interviews I had that night. It was tough to get her back in that emotional space where she was on the show. She’s very much over Ben. She had many revelations while watching the show and it’s safe to say she’s learned a lot about herself and what she’s looking for in the future. Nikki was a little different. She was immediately taken back to that emotional space, and I could see the emotion in her eyes. She truly fell in love with Ben and was badly hurt when he said goodbye. That said, I was so impressed to see that she really turned this whole experience into a positive. She’s proved to herself that she can love again after her divorce and she’s ready to find that in her life. The biggest surprise of the night was learning that Kacie B. really didn’t realize her hometown date is what sunk her relationship with Ben. She knows this now, but at the time she really had no idea. This goes to show that the women really only know how their individual relationships are going. They have no perspective on how the other hometown dates went or how the other relationships are progressing compared to theirs.

The big topic at the WTA was obviously Courtney. I’m not going to defend or attack her in this blog, but what I will do is tell you what I noticed. The women had no idea she was going to be there, so they felt free to speak their minds, and they certainly did. You already heard everything that was said so I just want to fast forward to the moment that she came out. First of all, she was scared to death and shaking like a leaf. I could feel and see how vulnerable she was. At first she was doing what I think was just an average job trying to convey what she wanted to say. But it was the second segment that I really want to get your thoughts on. There was a point when it seemed like all the women were yelling and attacking her at the same time. In that moment, she completely stopped and utterly broke down. Again, I’m not justifying anything, but one thing I noticed is that really, she’s a very fragile little girl. At that moment she just lost it and I felt like she was really speaking from the heart. Now the question I have for you is, Did you buy it? Did you believe her words and her apology were sincere? This is a debate that will continue this week as we head into the finale.

Just to give you a programming note so you can plan all your Bachelor finale parties, next Monday night will be a three-hour finale. The first two hours will be the actual finale from Switzerland, and that will lead right into the one-hour After the Final Rose special.
    Ellen likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Oh Chris...I am so curious as to why you and the producers are trying to redeem her? I didn't buy it, you could see the women didn't buy it and neither did the audience. She no doubt, practiced those dainty tears and and the woe is me attitude. That may have worked on horny Ben but since most of us don't want to get into her pants, I highly doubt it will work on pretty much anyone else.

I also noticed that when she finally apologized, it was because she was basically dared into it by the women rather than of her own volition. And the reason she apologized was not so much because she had hurt people with her behaviour but because it negatively impacted her family and her relationship with Ben.

Another thing...When she was talking about Ben she said "I cared for Ben"...past tense and then quickly added "and I still care" once she realised what she had said. Hmmmm....me thinks all is not well in this fairy tale.

One more thing...Why nothing about Ben? Where was the question about the skinny dipping and how he treated the women who warned him? He got off way too easy. Women always seem more willing to forgive men than each other.
    Ellen, kateb, Cootie and 3 others like this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

+ Reply to Thread