+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Oh Chris...Do you honestly think that viewers believe that Ben has THREE women in love with HIM? I most certainly don't. Poor, sweet, young, deluded Kacie maybe...in the Bachelor bubble...but I bet even she woke up pretty fast as she was watching this season. Lindzi totally gets the friends vibe and I think she clearly knows it. Nikki just wants to be in love again and no matter how many times she tells him she loves him, I don't buy it. She's at the end now, it's been fun, and she could be in the running for the next Bette...she'll give the producers what they want. Courtney, well, she's a smart girl who knows how to get what she wants and I really don't think it's Ben...She wants to go onto bigger and better things and Ben is her ticket...For now. Nope not buying even one, let alone three!
    Oh my, how I agree with you on this. It just blows my mind how the producers can still find women after all these years that will be able to tell the Bachelor that they "have fallen in love" with him after such a short time. It just has to be that "Bachelor Bubble" in addition to some good casting on the part of the producers. All four of the F4 seem to have one thing in common, and that is a strong male influence in their lives...their fathers.

Much like Kacie, I think that Lindzie grew up in a very loving, structured and safe environment. She is an only child, and she is very close to her family. Her mother even told Ben how they kept Lindzie "busy" with her horses and other activities, which gave me the idea that Lindzie probably did not have a lot of boyfriends during that time, and she probably didn't really start to date until she was older....thus only ONE real serious relationship and only ONE guy (before) that she had ever brought home to meet her parents. Lindzie was perfect for the Bachelor Bubble, other than the fact that she seems to be a little more cautious than Kacie and Nicki at this point.

I totally agree that Nicki is just "in love with" the idea of being in love again, and she, too, has been swept up into the Bachelor Bubble...another good casting for TPTB. It appears that she may have thrown caution to the wind, though. Afterall, she and Kacie both tried to warn Ben about Courtney, and after last night, it is obvious that it is falling on deaf ears.

It is also obvious that Kacie grew up in a very safe environment, one where religion has been the center of her life. Even though the world around them has changed, her parents still want Kacie to adher to her religious upbringing. I don't fault them for that. I understand where they are coming from, and I believe that they only want what is best for their daughter. I also think that Kacie is trying to "break away" from that life in a way. She kept saying that her parents weren't respecting her decision making, and that was what was most upsetting to her. Yes, Kacie was another perfect casting for the Bachelor Bubble.

Courtney, on the other hand, shares very little with Lindzie, Nicki and Kacie. From what I have read, she has had MANY relationships in the past and has lived with at least some of them. It is hard for me to believe that ALL of her relationships ended up with these men cheating on her or using her, so Courtney is carrying around her own unique sort of baggage. However, she seems to be yet another example of good casting, whether or not you believe that she is there for the "right reason" or not. She is ratings gold.

I also have to comment on Chris saying that it was "interesting" hearing Courtney say that she had "reflected" upon the way that she had acted towards the other women and had regrets about it now. He went on the say that it appears that all of that was just a big defense mechanism on her part. There might be a little bit of truth in the "defense mechanism", but I wouldn't go as far to say that she had any real regrets. It is easy to say that to the cameras...harder to admit it to the women's faces. Just look back at how she reacted when Emily tried to apologize to her. I seriously doubt that Courtney has many regrets about anything.

Courtney probably "reflected" on her last conversation before the last rose ceremony, before the hometown dates, and worried about what the other women were saying to Ben about her. If her hometown date was actually his last one, then she did have a few days to come up with a way to defuse that situation.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 02-21-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    BTW, kateb, ilja and 3 others like this.

Thank you Longhornfan for your post. I personally appreciate your thoughtfulness and insight.
    Longhornfan likes this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 9 | PopWatch | EW.com

by Chris Harrison

This week we hopped on a jet plane and headed to Interlaken, Switzerland. A beautiful quaint town that during ski season is alive and bustling but in the off season, which is when we were there, it’s a quiet sleepy little town nestled in the Alps. In case you were wondering the answer is yes, Ben did stare out the window of the plane the entire way over to Switzerland listening to his inner monologue. I’ve sat next to him on many of these flights, and if you listen closely sometimes you can actually hear it. Once Ben finished listening to his own thoughts and wandering aimlessly around the country, it was time to start a huge week of exotic dates. The park where Ben and Nikki met and caught the chopper was right in front of our hotel. This was a bit of a landing zone as parachutists and gliders would launch off the mountains above and lazily float into town all day long. Instead of going over each date which all of you saw, I want to talk about what appears to be three very different relationships.

Nikki and Ben obviously have fun together but their relationship feels young. I’m not sure that that makes any sense to you, but when you compare it to the other relationships with Lindzi and Courtney you can just tell it’s not on the same mature level. This is something Nikki will probably notice as well as she’s watching the show along with all of us. She is an amazing woman with an incredible family. You can tell she is very brave and strong and not afraid to fall in love again, which is a good thing.

I want to hear your thoughts on Lindzi and her relationship with Ben. There was so much talk about Kacie that it seems Lindzi has quietly flown under the radar right into the final two. Once again this week Lindzi and Ben shared effortless conversation and emotions. It seems so easy for them, and you may have noticed that she and Ben never discuss other women, they never get caught up in the drama. The only thing they seem to get caught up in is each other, and this week she told Ben she was in love with him. It seems like the only thing that could possibly slow her down is that darn blonde-ish hair. If you’re just tuning in, Ben has been partial to brunettes all season long, and Lindzi is the lone blonde survivor.

I know the reason Lindzi has really flown under the radar is probably because Courtney has given us so much to talk about. The last two weeks she has appeared to do a 180 and has been contrite and apologetic. By the way, for all those conspiracy theorists who thought Courtney’s apology last week was dubbed in to “save her,” it was very clear this week her thoughts and words were from the date in Switzerland. Now you can get back to debunking that whole fake moon-landing thing. Courtney slightly apologized last week for her actions in the house toward the other women, but this week she took it much further. My question to you is, was this enough? Obviously it meant a lot to Ben, but did it change the view of her in the court of public opinion?

There is one thing I noticed again this week concerning Courtney and Ben. Courtney continues to turn the situation around, giving her the power position. For example this week while the other two women chose to accept the fantasy suite, Courtney turned the tables and asked Ben to accept. These things are very subtle, but it’s a defense mechanism of hers she’s used several times with him. Ben left that date feeling good about Courtney and their relationship… but then Kacie showed up at his door. Ben was obviously caught completely off-guard. I thought Kacie was incredibly articulate in expressing her thoughts on why she came back. She really wanted to know what went wrong. I also think Ben was equally articulate and concise in letting her know what we all watched last week. The two of them are worlds apart, and as I said last week in this space I’m guessing now that Kacie has also watched her hometown date she’ll realize that as well. It is true that she needs to make her own decisions in life separate from her parents, but the fact that she’s still struggling with this once again points to how young she really is. I very much look forward to talking to her at the Women Tell All special to get her thoughts on all of this.

Ben was a mess when I met him for deliberation. He was upset about having to basically break up with Kacie again, but he was really thrown for a loop about Courtney. Ben had his thoughts and feelings in order about her but Kacie made him question all of that all over again. As you saw, this is something that will continue to play out in the finale. Next week is the Women Tell All, and let me tell you this will be our most exciting one ever. I always enjoy getting everybody together to talk about what went down but this season I’m especially interested to talk to this group of women. There is much to discuss so I look forward to asking all the burning questions and getting the answers you want to hear next week. Until then you can find me on twitter @chrisbharrison, and for more Bachelor fun check out our official site, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, The Bachelor Pad: Watch videos, catch up with cast, apply to be a contestant.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

...There is one thing I noticed again this week concerning Courtney and Ben. Courtney continues to turn the situation around, giving her the power position. For example this week while the other two women chose to accept the fantasy suite, Courtney turned the tables and asked Ben to accept. These things are very subtle, but its a defense mechanism of hers shes used several times with him...
    Defense mechanism, my butt! More like manipulative technique to get the get him to think that whatever she wants is his idea. (Used car salespeople and televangelists do this all the time.) It's "incredible" how easily he gets played.
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-28-2012 at 01:49 AM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

I know the reason Lindzi has really flown under the radar is probably because Courtney has given us so much to talk about. The last two weeks she has appeared to do a 180 and has been contrite and apologetic. By the way, for all those conspiracy theorists who thought Courtney’s apology last week was dubbed in to “save her,” it was very clear this week her thoughts and words were from the date in Switzerland. Now you can get back to debunking that whole fake moon-landing thing.
    He or a staff member clearly read the spoiler boards.

Well, if that is true, and he does read this stuff, I would like to tell him that...

#1 you seem like a good guy, but
    #1 you spelled Nicki's name wrong, and
    #2 you aren't giving Kacie B. enough credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Well, if that is true, and he does read this stuff, I would like to tell him that...

#1 you seem like a good guy, but
    #1 you spelled Nicki's name wrong, and
    #2 you aren't giving Kacie B. enough credit.

... and you either know NOTHING about psychology, or some underpaid flunkie from Fleiss's staff is writing your blog for you.
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-28-2012 at 02:39 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 9 | PopWatch | EW.com
    by Chris Harrison

My question to you is, was this enough? Obviously it meant a lot to Ben, but did it change the view of her in the court of public opinion?
    From a psychological perspective, it seems like Courtney has become so caught up in "winning" that she has convinced herself it's what she wants.

I think she's genuinely horrified by some of the things she has said to people, but that's a temporary reaction because she is now looking at herself through the lens of an appropriate final choice (or second-place choice - I've been good about not reading any spoilers this season, for once).

She's still Courtney, a rather immature and spoiled woman. I don't dislike her, but, then again, I really haven't disliked her at all this season. I don't think she's ready for marriage, but neither is she guilty of anything more than immaturity and a sense of humor that doesn't fit well with the sorority mind-set you get in these hive-homes you create.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post

She's still Courtney, a rather immature and spoiled woman. I don't think she's ready for marriage, but neither is she guilty of anything more than immaturity and a sense of humor that doesn't fit well with the sorority mind-set you get in these hive-homes you create.
    Well, if what I have heard come out of Courtney's mouth is considered humorous, then count me in as one of those "sorority type" who just wouldn't fit in well in one of those hive-homes either. I believe that there is usually just one queen bee in a hive, and that would have to be Courtney.

I would hands down rather spend my time around most of the other women in the house, and I would have avoided Courtney like the plague. I don't enjoy being around women who are catty, mean-spirited and downright rude to other people. So, I find it hard to see the humor in the things that Courtney said and did. But, that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Well, if what I have heard come out of Courtney's mouth is considered humorous, then count me in as one of those "sorority type" who just wouldn't fit in well in one of those hive-homes either. I believe that there is usually just one queen bee in a hive, and that would have to be Courtney.

I would hands down rather spend my time around most of the other women in the house, and I would have avoided Courtney like the plague. I don't enjoy being around women who are catty, mean-spirited and downright rude to other people. So, I find it hard to see the humor in the things that Courtney said and did. But, that is just my opinion.
    Well said. I am not at all a "sorority type", I tend to get along better with guys than with women as a whole, and I didn't find anything about Courtney funny. She's just a mean person, period.
    Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

+ Reply to Thread