Closed Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: 1/2/2012 The Bachelor *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 1/2/2012 The Bachelor *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    Have you seen who Snake the Fake is dating now? This girl was on Sweet Home Alabama, boy is she a piece of work
    He makes my skin crawl. Ugh.

Hopefully Ben (Benjamin?) has a little more class....

Oh who am I kidding....
    ilja and jucamer like this.

FORT Fan

LOL! Yeah, Emily is not the only who can rap, her and Ben have that in common, there is a certain youtube video... yeah really classy guy

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    He makes my skin crawl. Ugh.

Hopefully Ben (Benjamin?) has a little more class....

Oh who am I kidding....
    Ben like Jake is gonna let his small head do his picking for him....he showed us how tasteless he can be with the skinny dipping thing in front of everyone
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Going off the beaten path once again. Ben has his own thread so please reserve this thread for comments about the show.

Thanks, Ariel
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Against my better judgement I watched the premier. I don't find Ben attractive, think his hair is sloppy & bummy looking. He seems immature & way unready for marriage, & like many others previously seems like the type to do the show to see how many times he can "get lucky". Plus he's boring.
    However, I do love watching the show & always hope for the unlikely, so I tuned in hoping against hope that I'd get pulled in again.
    No such luck. Ben didn't change my opinion of him at all. You can put a bum in a suit, but all you have is a bum in a suit.
    The women seemed to be attractive, but more bottom-of-the-barrel than usual. Chosen by TPTB for drama, nothing else.
    I even got "spoiled" hoping to get my interest up. Nope. Still not interested.
    I'll probably check in here to see the season's progress & if any of the women impress all of you as in Future Bachelorette material.
    However, my Monday evenings will be spent elsewhere.
    Good luck everyone.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Monday night's episode amused me to no end. Rather than produce more absurd introductions, why do the producers not opt instead for organic interactions? Maybe change the show's format? Such suggestions mean nothing to them. After Jason's drama fest raised ratings, they once again struck gold and decided that every successive season would include crying, backstabbing, and nut bars. Cue Jenna.

In an ET segment, Samantha the pageant girl stated that she's "currently pegged as 'the Beauty Queen,'"suggesting again that the show casts each girl in a role. With that in mind, I easily see Jenna, Courtney, Monica, and others' actions as outcomes of producer suggestions and storylines. We've seen it on every other season.

I found it interesting that Courtney said almost verbatim the same lines as Emily. Essentially, that a year ago she wouldn't have been ready for this experience. Emily said the exact same thing on her first sit down with Brad. She also echoed Chantal and Vienna's words that she'd let all the other girls shoot themselves in the foot since she had such a good connection with Ben. Nicki said the same thing as Ben last season, "stuff's about to happen." The lines keep getting recycled. Where's the originality, peeps?

As for Ben, I do appreciate his honesty. Aside from being a typical guy taken by a women's physical beauty and form, he's pretty honest in refusing to succumb to the stupid line, "I think that my wife/husband is in this room." Though it's highly unlikely that any long-term relationship will amount from this season, maybe Ben's honesty alone could surprise us and give us a successful relationship. I'm already laughing at myself for saying that

Anyway, I enjoy most Jamie and Lindzi. Seem like sweethearts.
    Fanny Mare and Mikesgirl83 like this.

I skipped episode 1. Ben's footage last season was when I usually went to refill my water or check the mailbox or start a load of laundry. I'll try to remember to watch his show tonight, but it's hard when I don't find him interesting.

So, I read through most of the Episode 1 comments. Was the older lady actually the grandma of one of the younger contestants? If so, did Ben know that, and did Ben choose the granddaughter into the 15 remaining?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I skipped episode 1. Ben's footage last season was when I usually went to refill my water or check the mailbox or start a load of laundry. I'll try to remember to watch his show tonight, but it's hard when I don't find him interesting.

So, I read through most of the Episode 1 comments. Was the older lady actually the grandma of one of the younger contestants? If so, did Ben know that, and did Ben choose the granddaughter into the 15 remaining?
    Yes, he knew she was a contestant's grandma, and the granddaughter made it into the 15. I think her name is Brittany. (I can't memorize all the contestants' names as quickly as many other posters can!) Ben liked that she had a close family.

Closed Thread