Closed Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By redhead05
  • 1 Post By ilja
  • 1 Post By waywyrd
  • 2 Post By The Mod Team

Thread: Reminder: No Spoilers/Sleuthing

Reminder: No Spoilers/Sleuthing

Welcome back for another season, Bach fans! As a reminder, we will not be hosting spoiler or sleuthing discussions, and we appreciate your help in keeping the forum spoiler-free and a pleasant, fun place for us all to discuss Bachelor Ben's escapades as they unfold on the show.

Enjoy the journey!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Newbie

Re: Reminder: No Spoilers/Sleuthing

Haven't been here for a couple of seasons, so I'm confused as to why a spoiler/sleuthing thread isn't allowed this season. It was such fun to read the amazing detective work people did! Am I looking in the wrong place?
    Florimel, Pangaeus and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

As of last season, it's not permitted anymore. That's one major thing that made last season so boring. This season should be even more boring, as the lead totally lacks charisma. It will be more about the contestants fighting over a yawn-worthy guy to get their 5 minutes of fame.

I'm extremely excited that there is a discussion forum that doesn't allow other posters to maliciously spoil a show for those of us who do not want to know the ending beforehand. It's like knowing the ending of a book, IMHO. If I know how something is going to turn out, then there's no point in spending my time on it.

With that said, I can understand others are different than myself in that regard and I have no problem with that. To each his own. The thing is that I don't force others to not try to find out the ending ahead of time and find it crude when others don't respect my preference by posting spoilers without any warning where I accidentally see them and the show is ruined for me. It happened once before and I've stayed off most boards since then because of that.
    Mikesgirl83 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead05 View Post
    Haven't been here for a couple of seasons, so I'm confused as to why a spoiler/sleuthing thread isn't allowed this season. It was such fun to read the amazing detective work people did! Am I looking in the wrong place?
    We did away with it because the "fun" had long ago left the forum. The bickering (and sometimes outright nastiness) over spoilers, fake spoilers, favorite contestants, etc. got to be a nightmare to moderate, and we decided it wasn't worth it.

There are plenty of sites out there for those who absolutely must know what happens on the show before it airs. But for now, FORT will remain spoiler-free and we'll follow the cheesy journey as it unfolds every Monday.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

I am glad FORT is up with this season. I admit I visited the other spoiler site for Ashley's season but with all the spoilers and many many threads, I kept getting lost and not finding info, it gave me headaches I had to literally stop visiting the site. I am hoping RS will be stopped after being sued, then hopely in a couple of seasons we can start to sleuth again. It was great sleuthing on FORT without the spoilers which I miss. There was much team work though admitedly we gave the moderators much extra work with all our bickering. with RS gone, hopefully we will be back to just sleuthing. uh forgot about the fans. At least the bickering will be less and the fun in sleuthing more than with RS on the scene.

We're closing the forum for a little while so everyone has the chance to read this post. We've had far too many posters pretending to be clever and "guess" at who Ben's final pick is. This is a spoiler-free zone, so being cute about it and pretending you haven't come here with spoilers is not cool. There actually are people who don't want to know what happens until it airs on TV. We're also tired of deleting posts from people whose posts go right up to the line of being a spoiler, but don't quite cross it.

You don't have to like the rules, but you do have to follow them. Please have some consideration for your fellow posters by not being a creep and spoiling the show for those who don't want to know what happens.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 02-14-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Uncle David and jucamer like this.

The new season is starting soon and we've already had an issue with this, so we thought it should be addressed now. Discussion of Sean's (or anyone else involved in the show) Twitter account if it even hints about the outcome is off limits.

Please remember that this forum is spoiler and sleuthing-free. This means that the discussion here should be focused on what happens during the actual episodes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Closed Thread