Closed Thread
Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Millions of viewers shared the heartbreak of Ben Flajnik (pronounced Flannick) when his soulful and heartfelt proposal was rejected by Ashley Hebert in the emotional finale of last season's The Bachelorette. Now Ben is ready to put all the disappointment and hurt behind him in order to move on with his life, his phenomenal success as a businessman and his search for the right woman to be his wife and to start a family with, as he stars in the next edition of ABC's hit romance reality series, The Bachelor.

The 28-year-old bachelor has fallen in love three times (Ashley being the third), but has only proposed the one time; that one failed proposal won't stop him from trying again. He is confident that, having found love on The Bachelorette, he will find his soul mate and a lasting, love-filled relationship this time on The Bachelor.

Ben, whose easy going charm and sense of humor made him so popular and relatable to viewers, is part of a very close knit family, including his mother and sister. Unfortunately his father, Joseph, with whom Ben was best friends, died almost four years ago. Always supportive, his father personified the kind of husband and father Ben wanted to be. Ben grew up in Sonoma, California, leaving for Tucson before he started high school because of his dad's work. His mother is a teacher of third grade "gifted students." Ben stayed in Arizona to attend the University of Arizona, majoring in music production with a minor in business. He quickly found success in the business world, working in Internet advertising after he graduated college. After his father died in 2007, Ben moved back to California, and he plans to stay in northern California for the foreseeable future.

A rare, modern Renaissance man, Ben dabbles in a lot of hobbies and crafts, such as crab fishing, sailing, golf, skate boarding, surfing, playing piano and singing in a tribute band. He is also quite handy with a hammer and saw, and loves fixing and building things, as well as landscaping. The woman who will share his life will also have to share one of his other great loves: his Jack Russell Terrier, Scotch.

Ben Flajnik Bio - The Bachelor - ABC.com

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Hope it changes once the season starts...but as of now...for me I'm just NOT the least bit interested in Ben...or his quest to find love
    Last edited by OrangeCrush; 12-30-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Does anyone else want to offer to drive him to get his hair cut?? IDK, something about that hairstyle just screams pretentious idiot to me. I didn't really watch Ashley's season aside from bits here and there, so I can't really comment on his personality, but I would think the stylists from the show would have spiffed him up somewhat!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Does anyone else want to offer to drive him to get his hair cut?? IDK, something about that hairstyle just screams pretentious idiot to me. I didn't really watch Ashley's season aside from bits here and there, so I can't really comment on his personality, but I would think the stylists from the show would have spiffed him up somewhat!!
    Can we toss in a good shave too? His face just looks dirty.
    sweetpea likes this.

FORT Fan

I'm really not a Ben fan, but I wasn't an Ashley fan or a Jillian fan, etc. I know I'll be watching anyway. Also, I gained a little respect for Ben when he cut Ashley off during her rejection speech. I agree, there's no need to sugar coat it. I'm sure it's hard for the rejected party to continue to stand there and listen to what a great person they are. Maybe that's what the producers want, but I appreciated Ben being honest and refusing to listen.
    Ellen, alizarules, Living and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    Hope it changes once the season starts...but as of now...for me I'm just NOT the least bit interested in Ben...or his quest to find love
    Neither am I, but my hubby and I have so much fun making fun of the shows and laughing at them, and playing the "amazing connection journey" drinking game.
    Cootie likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm not exactly interested in Ben either and think that he needs a little makeover, but, I guess I will still watch this season for the entertainment value and drama...lol.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    I have to agree...but to be truthful, I wasn't that interested in him during Ashley's season either. Never did understand why some people were such fans. Personally I found him dull and I not my type at all. I kept hoping that he would go and get a hair cut...when he made it to the final two or at least in time for his own season...but no such luck.

Watching the commercials being aired for his season I'm just getting that icky feeling. The sleaze just seems to be getting worse and I'm wondering why am I still watching this? So far, from what I've seen, it reminds me of Jake's horror fest which was my least favourite season, starring by far my least favourite bachelor. I was starting to tune out somewhat last year since I was not a fan of Ashley but I really enjoyed JP so I stayed. It may end up like that again this season but I find the Bachelor seasons much less tolerable since the women cast are so much more annoying, bitchy and sordid than the men during the Bachelorette seasons. At least the men are more humourous and I have some eye candy. Oh to have a Reid or Cape Cod Chris!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Does anyone else want to offer to drive him to get his hair cut??
    YES!!!!!!

I didn't really watch Ashley's season aside from bits here and there, so I can't really comment on his personality, but I would think the stylists from the show would have spiffed him up somewhat!!
    You didn't miss anything. If he has a personality, they didn't show it. In fact, he just reminded me of Eeyore. Very depressed and consumed by his fathers death. Rarely, if ever, smiling. He's probably a great catch, but he doesn't appear to be charismatic enough to carry the lead in this show. I think it's interesting that of all the commercials and promos I've seen, almost all of it is of the bachelorettes. So they want you to tune in for the cat fights, not because The Bachelor is so exciting. Bleh. First Bachelor/Bachelorette I'm going to skip (except for the 1st half of Charlie's season I missed).
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 12-31-2011 at 09:42 AM.

His hair is the most exciting thing about him I'm afraid. This season is going to be a bore

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 29 1234567891011 ... LastLast