Closed Thread
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I think you are right about it being planned. I can't remember a time that they didn't have someone come back. I'm not sure, but I thought Ben was one of the bachelors that didn't have many relationships. If I am remembering correctly what are the chances of an ex-girlfriend showing up now after all this time? I ask myself many times why I bother with this show as so few weddings have come from it. It always seems like right after the show ends or not to long after that you hear they have broken it off. I am thinking of Ali and Roberto. She was on as a contestent first and then came back as the bachelorette where she chose Roberto. They recently ended it. There have been many others. My conclusion is that I look at it as just fun and they sure get to go to some great places!
    Ali and Roberto broke up? Seriously??

As for Ben, totally agree that he's probably on just to promote his business. Also agree that this show gets trashier every season. Soon they won't bother to pull away the cameras on the overnight dates...
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fan

Yeah I'm sure pretty soon we'll have the green night vision camera in the fantasy suites

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    '

Yes, and that was supposed to be true love

FORT Fan

I was actually shocked by that break up, I thought they were Trista and Ryan 2.0, guess I'm naive

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Yup — once they exhausted all the media-whoring possibilities in San Diego (throwing out the first pitch at a Padres game, various schticks at places like Sea World and Legoland) and her job with one of the local news stations, their amazing connection journey served its purpose and dead-ended.
    norealityhere likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    I was actually shocked by that break up, I thought they were Trista and Ryan 2.0, guess I'm naive
    I never thought that.

There is a thread in Ali's Bachelorette forum that discusses the break up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

As for the choices Ben makes this season on who to keep and who to send home I just don't think he will be making the best choices in that I mean listening to his head and his heart and using common sense and I just have this dread in my stomach that tells me that "little ben" will be making most of his choices which is sad
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I'm not one of Ben's HUGE fans, but I kind of like him. I like him much much much much better than any previous bachelor (I did miss a few seasons). I've thought they were all deadly dull duds. Having seen some outtakes from Andrew Firestone's season, I discovered he was hilarious .... when they let him be. So maybe the fault is with the editors. *shrug* Given that I feel that way, why do I keep watching? I don't really know ... I wouldn't gawk at a real-life train wreck, but a deliberate one on television? I guess I would.

As for the "surprise" woman joining the merry band, I don't know who it is either, but I don't think it's for certain an "old girlfriend". I think that was just one of them speculating; maybe that's right, maybe not. Ha, maybe it's Ali? Or Emily? Gah!

I'm also wondering if Constantine will put in an appearance. Hee!
    sweetpea likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    As for the choices Ben makes this season on who to keep and who to send home I just don't think he will be making the best choices in that I mean listening to his head and his heart and using common sense and I just have this dread in my stomach that tells me that "little ben" will be making most of his choices which is sad
    I loved Ben during Ashley's season. Though I too would hope to goodness that he was really invested in this gig, his interviews and attitude give the impression that he's once again along for the ride. I do recall an article done in a Sonoma paper at the end of Ashley's season in which his Mike's mom (Mike is his co-worker at Envolve) hinted that Ben's always been a bit of a performer, mostly on the music side of things. This show will continue to bring his winery much needed publicity to keep him in business. He doesn't need to worry much about the success of the relationship that may emerge from this show. If one does and he doesn't like the girl he sees on his TV screen each week, he can just break up with her via text message. Problem solved. Onto the next one. That's kinda how I see Ben's attitude with women.

He's not in this for marriage and kids. He's might be in it to find a girlfriend, but he's not worried about being Trista and Ryan or Ali and Roberto or even Travis Stork and his chosen one I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

Closed Thread