Closed Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Ok, I haven't watched the show yet, but now I'm intrigued because there seem to be pretty diverse opinions on Ben. I'll see what I think of him as the show goes on. I never make it a priority to watch on Monday nights but usually later in the week when I can indulge in trashy tv along with a glass of wine.

I take back my comment about his hair being less flat! On the show last night it was totally flat and lanky.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I agree but doesn't it just seem to be getting worse and worse each season? It is starting to look as if the Bachelor/ette is no longer about trying to find love...not that I ever really thought that it was. I am relatively sane after all...but now it just seems as if they are auditioning for the Bachelor Pad where they must be loud, crazy, dramatic, so they can go after what they really want...perhaps another fifteen minutes of fame and $$$$$$$.
    Yes, I guess they have to keep pushing that envelope.Most of us that do watch it know it rarely ends with happily ever after.Its not fun to see drunk girls crying, I dont care for that, and yet every season there's at least one that turns into an unstable mess

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, I guess they have to keep pushing that envelope.Most of us that do watch it know it rarely ends with happily ever after.Its not fun to see drunk girls crying, I dont care for that, and yet every season there's at least one that turns into an unstable mess
    I'm sure the producers told Ben to give a rose to the women who are unsuitable/unstable, to help keep the show 'interesting.' On the first episode of this season, there was a long stretch of the show where they didn't show Ben at all. I would prefer watching real conversations Ben might have getting to know the women to fake? drama between some of the women.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 01-04-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    Coco46 and JavaJo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I'm sure the producers told Ben to give a rose to the women who are unsuitable/unstable, to help keep the show 'interesting.' On the first episode of this season, there was a long stretch of the show where they didn't show Ben at all. I would prefer watching real conversations Ben might have getting to know the women to fake? drama between some of the women.
    I think they do that every season. I am sure there were more conversations than we saw, they simply edit them out.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    That was kind of funny. I suspect he has a 'deadpan' sense of humour, which I like actually. Hopefully he won't get too swelled a head and turn into a complete turd like other Bachelor's have been (Jake, I'm looking your way). Please, let this season be about something more than just apparently a lot of trashy girls getting wasted and fighting over the love of their life that they've only known for 5 minutes.

And I missed the previews...what's this about skinny dipping right in front of the other girls on a group date?? Say what?

Please, don't turn into a horndog like Blob. Please.
    Note sweetpea's above quote is from the West Coast Spoilers/Show thread, because my response is more about Ben.

I agree that his sense of humor seems to be deadpan, dry ... and if I may say, somewhat condescending. I actually like dry/sarcastic humor too but I'll be watching to see if it's more than a touch of condescension.

I think Ben is determined to have the attention focused on Ben ! This guy turned down Jennifer Love Hewitt because he said she "didn't meet his needs" and that he didn't want a famous-faced celebrity as his lady. Why ? Well why do we think ? I think it's because he wants the recognition for himself.

Ben is trying to redeem himself and in my humble opinion he controlling and as fame hungry as any of them, Jake included.
    Babbred likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

My thoughts are..maybe Ben doesn't want to be in the spotlight with his lady. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.
    Baby's Breath and Fanny Mare like this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey

Well, maybe he will turn out to be fame-hungry, but I don't necessarily interpret his comment about JLH to mean he wants to be the more famous one in the relationship. It could very well mean that he wants a wife who will be content to work by his side in the family business, and he figures a TV or movie star is not going to do that.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    My thoughts are..maybe Ben doesn't want to be in the spotlight with his lady. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I think Ben doesn't want to be in the spotlight behind his lady ... but both of their behinds in the spotlight is probably OK.
    Mikesgirl83 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I dont know if he does or doesnt.It doesnt turn my life upside down

Closed Thread