Closed Thread
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetBex View Post
    I dont think Ben may be as boring as everyone makes out, he may just be the quieter type who only clicks with certain people. My hubby is similar, hes pretty quiet but with the right kind of quirky people hes a riot. If you put him next to someone he finds dull or shallow he pretty much gives simple answers. Mcarthy isnt the most riveting of people to give answers to.

Hes more interesting than say...Lorenzo, Jake and the first bachelor (So dull I forgot his name!)

He was not too bad last night either, but I realised he wasn't as good looking as I thought he was.
    I like him. I havent liked a bachelor( think Brad) for sometime. He's more relaxed and genuine than some have been.( and this show will allow)I dont care about the skinny dipping( since I have done that myself) I really like his humor.I was going to watch it on and off, but, now I have seen him, I may tune in more often

Sorry I just don't think I can get into this season with Ben...I hate to say it...but he just seems like a DUD...

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They said it was an ex GF of his.So we havent seen her. Sounds very planned imho
    I think you are right about it being planned. I can't remember a time that they didn't have someone come back. I'm not sure, but I thought Ben was one of the bachelors that didn't have many relationships. If I am remembering correctly what are the chances of an ex-girlfriend showing up now after all this time? I ask myself many times why I bother with this show as so few weddings have come from it. It always seems like right after the show ends or not to long after that you hear they have broken it off. I am thinking of Ali and Roberto. She was on as a contestent first and then came back as the bachelorette where she chose Roberto. They recently ended it. There have been many others. My conclusion is that I look at it as just fun and they sure get to go to some great places!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Does he have his own label (like Firestone), or does he just produce for other labels?
    I'm interested in the wine aspect, but not so much his WHINE-ing.
    He has his own label. Google Evolve Wines
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I think you are right about it being planned. I can't remember a time that they didn't have someone come back. I'm not sure, but I thought Ben was one of the bachelors that didn't have many relationships. If I am remembering correctly what are the chances of an ex-girlfriend showing up now after all this time? I ask myself many times why I bother with this show as so few weddings have come from it. It always seems like right after the show ends or not to long after that you hear they have broken it off. I am thinking of Ali and Roberto. She was on as a contestent first and then came back as the bachelorette where she chose Roberto. They recently ended it. There have been many others. My conclusion is that I look at it as just fun and they sure get to go to some great places!
    I agree with you. Plus, I can read and watch it. Or record it and FF a lot of it, so many options.LOL

I like him. I havent liked a bachelor( think Brad) for sometime. He's more relaxed and genuine than some have been.( and this show will allow)I dont care about the skinny dipping( since I have done that myself) I really like his humor.I was going to watch it on and off, but, now I have seen him, I may tune in more often
    I know that we all have different tastes but his hair alone turns me off...Wash it, cut it and get it styled so that it doesn't look like you just crawled out of bed with a hangover.

I agree that he may be more relaxed than other bachelors, but I doubt the genuine part. He is in this to promote his wine and if he gets to play around with some beautiful women who otherwise wouldn't give him a second look, well that's a bonus. Not to mention what the producers are paying him and the travel. No doubt he will get engaged to someone totally inappropriate so that when they break up there can be more publicity for the winery.

As for the skinny dipping...well I have no problem with that in itself...but did you have a whole slew of producers, camera and sound technicians following you and filming everything to show several million people watching...including your family and the other women who were close by and knew what was going on?

I have not seen a bit of his humour...unless you count his Cream Dreams video on YouTube...which I found to be very juvenile and tasteless. He looked totally bored most of the night and you could barely get him to string together a sentence.

I hope for our sake that you are right and he becomes more engaging and fun, or they show some of what you are seeing, but based on all the bleeped out preview scenes they showed at the end of the episode last night, it seems that they are focusing on all the fighting, crying and sleaze which to me means just another boring season where they had to manufacture the drama for our interest and viewing pleasure.
    norealityhere, Coco46 and Babbred like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Well each to their own .I like his hair, and pretty much everything about him. I barely watched the Ashley show, but I knew I liked him ( more-so than the very needy JP) ah well, we all have the on off button

hope for our sake that you are right and he becomes more engaging and fun, or they show some of what you are seeing, but based on all the bleeped out preview scenes they showed at the end of the episode last night, it seems that they are focusing on all the fighting, crying and sleaze which to me means just another boring season where they had to manufacture the drama for our interest and viewing pleasure

This sounds like most of the bachelor and bachelorette shows imnsho

I think he is dreamy and funny .

I'm going to stay on the fence (holding my opinion about the skinny dippin') until I see the context in which it was done.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Well each to their own .I like his hair, and pretty much everything about him. I barely watched the Ashley show, but I knew I liked him ( more-so than the very needy JP) ah well, we all have the on off button

hope for our sake that you are right and he becomes more engaging and fun, or they show some of what you are seeing, but based on all the bleeped out preview scenes they showed at the end of the episode last night, it seems that they are focusing on all the fighting, crying and sleaze which to me means just another boring season where they had to manufacture the drama for our interest and viewing pleasure

This sounds like most of the bachelor and bachelorette shows imnsho
    I agree but doesn't it just seem to be getting worse and worse each season? It is starting to look as if the Bachelor/ette is no longer about trying to find love...not that I ever really thought that it was. I am relatively sane after all...but now it just seems as if they are auditioning for the Bachelor Pad where they must be loud, crazy, dramatic, so they can go after what they really want...perhaps another fifteen minutes of fame and $$$$$$$.
    nennie and Fanny Mare like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I know that we all have different tastes but his hair alone turns me off...Wash it, cut it and get it styled so that it doesn't look like you just crawled out of bed with a hangover.

I agree that he may be more relaxed than other bachelors, but I doubt the genuine part. He is in this to promote his wine and if he gets to play around with some beautiful women who otherwise wouldn't give him a second look, well that's a bonus. Not to mention what the producers are paying him and the travel. No doubt he will get engaged to someone totally inappropriate so that when they break up there can be more publicity for the winery.

As for the skinny dipping...well I have no problem with that in itself...but did you have a whole slew of producers, camera and sound technicians following you and filming everything to show several million people watching...including your family and the other women who were close by and knew what was going on?

I have not seen a bit of his humour...unless you count his Cream Dreams video on YouTube...which I found to be very juvenile and tasteless. He looked totally bored most of the night and you could barely get him to string together a sentence.

I hope for our sake that you are right and he becomes more engaging and fun, or they show some of what you are seeing, but based on all the bleeped out preview scenes they showed at the end of the episode last night, it seems that they are focusing on all the fighting, crying and sleaze which to me means just another boring season where they had to manufacture the drama for our interest and viewing pleasure.
    I agree, along with a little explaining to f1. I know some of the scenes are made to look overly dramatic for ratings, but I thought it looked kind of tacky to show that.
    nennie likes this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Closed Thread