Closed Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree415Likes

Thread: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

Re: Ben Flajnik *No spoilers*

I'm beginning to wonder if all the remaining girls, including Courtney, are way too good for him.

edited to correct typo
    Last edited by Photobabe; 02-19-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I'mk beginning to wonder if all the remaining girls, including Courtney, are way too good for him.
    I wouldn't go that far lol
    jucamer and Midol like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

The more I see his hair, the more I wonder if budget cutbacks meant the show couldn't afford a decent stylist. Why does he wear it like that?? It just looks so horrid. I'd love to see what he would look like with a decent haircut.

I do agree, Ben comes across as fairly immature. Definitely not husband material yet, IMO. He's doing this for the babes, the fame, and the free travel/booze. Not really bad reasons for doing it, to be fair. Who wouldn't want to at his age?? But find a wife? Naaah.
    KatesMom, Photobabe and Fanny Mare like this.

He still reminds me of Josh( I just got out of bed Groban.) I love Josh, we met him in person after a concert, but lordy his hair! he looked all rumpled, but its just hair.I dont mind Ben's, although Ben has mentioned his own hair.
    sweetpea likes this.

It's very simple what is going on: like most contestants, Ben is using reality TV in order to promote his business. He couldn't care less about finding love. In general, I don't feel sorry for any of the people because most are there in order to explore their possibilities in show business. Most fail, of course, others have their 15 minutes of fame and fade away. The one who was absolutely smart about it all was Trista who knew what she wanted (money and perhaps finding someone if possible). She realized that she didn't have it in her to go show-business full-time, made some serious money, moved with the perfect guy for her (who was a rare one in a gazillion find) to his rural place, and kudos to her! First off, she has been leading a rational life and has been raising a family. Secondly, she has managed to create a success story, so she's been able to extend her 15 minutes of fame and make even more money in the process. Maybe modest sums, given what a person can make in Hollywood, but definitely significant for her to give up her physical therapist job which pays quite well, and besides, she doesn't need the gazillions that are needed in Hollywood given where she lives. I say she was the smartest and is therefore the happiest of all.

Back to Ben: I haven't read spoilers, nor am I interested in spoiling it for me or anyone else. Moreover, I'm sure ABC has been editing the show like crazy, so it's possible we cannot even tell who he picks in the end. If I had to guess, however, I would argue that he has picked whomever he feels most sexually compatible with. I doubt the relationship will last, but he'll have his fun in the meantime and promote his business too! Therein also lies the reason why Bachelors have not been as successful in having long-lasting relationships through the show. Men are generally less eager to commit to relationships so fast.
    [mod edit]
    Last edited by Critical; 02-20-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He still reminds me of Josh( I just got out of bed Groban.) I love Josh, we met him in person after a concert, but lordy his hair! he looked all rumpled, but its just hair.I dont mind Ben's, although Ben has mentioned his own hair.
    Never thought of it, but he does look like Josh Groban.
    sweetpea and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

They really haven't been mentioning his business that much, except in the beginning when they went to Sonoma. In past seasons, seems like the Bachelor's business was mentioned more than now, at least so far.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Keeping his hair like that masks his receding hair line.
    Shoepie and Fanny Mare like this.

Let's get this thread back on track, folks. This is the thread for discussing Ben
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Keeping his hair like that masks his receding hair line.
    Are you talking Ben ? my son went through the same thing .No biggie

Closed Thread